#1 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:10 AM

Here's some features you should work to implement:

Communication

Planetary population (current defenders / attackers ratio) - such as 61% attacking faction Marik 39% defending faction Davion. Right now it's hard to tell which planet to attack with the information we have. This would help players who don't bother to read any chat logs, but more on that next.

Faction Chat windows in the CW map - currently there is no real way for the factions to coordinate. While the above suggestion is good for public non group players having a faction chat where the various units can coordinate attacks would go a long ways.

Gameplay

Turrets - right now turrets are very threatening mainly because they use significant weaponry (Large Lasers) and they never miss (darn you AI). Can we either see some turret variety (such as the 2ML LRM10 turrets from assault) or can we adjust the turrets so they don't necessarily have a 100% hit chance?

Gates - Right now the only way to deal with gates is jumping over it and or shooting the generator. The problem with shooting the generator when you don't have a Jump Jet mech is you have to expose yourself on the hill and there's not enough room to bring significant fire power to do so. Can we tone down the gate generator HP to die quicker to give the attackers a small boost?

Drop ships - I've noticed that enemy drop ships even fire at players as they are coming in and leaving. However those players (especially attacking players) can't contend with a drop ship flying by. A allied player in a match last night was shot at nearly 500 meters away from the drop ship while fighting a defending player. It's hard enough for attackers to deal with defenders and turrets but random large drop ship firepower seems unfair.

No defenders - We've dropped against planets with no real defenders forcing us to play through a match fighting the AI turrets which is not a significant challenge. Can it be made so if no defenders show up 2 minutes after the start of the match the attackers automatically win, thus saving everyone a lot of wasted time?

#2 Dagadegatto

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:29 AM

Sounds good to me, +1

#3 PiggIron5

Rookie

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:03 AM

I would also add that there needs to be some sort of timer so those waiting know how long they have to wait for the next game to start on that world. otherwise you are wasting a lot of time hoping to get a game in.

#4 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

I agree with Faction chat and planet status. knowing how many others are in lobby for the planet will help a lot in knowing to stick it out or jump to another lobby.

The annoying thing is sitting in a lobby and not knowing if it will ever take, while other popups are happening that you can't see while in that particular lobby. It makes you antsy and you tend to drop out, which I know makes the problem worse.

Edited by Duncan1dah0, 12 December 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#5 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:16 PM

I agree that the defender's dropships can be problematic.. however, the attacker's dropships don't do their job well enough. If the defenders get the chance.. they run out and attempt to spawncamp the attackers. They shoot them before they even drop and the dropship rarely ever kills or heavily damages mechs. I think part of the problem is that the attackers are dropped in an open area + the dropship isn't punishing enough against defenders who have advanced to the attacker's drop zone (or well within range to destroy incoming mechs) Maybe defending mechs should be released farther away.. such that the dropships can be safely made more punishing to enemy mechs near the dropzone....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users