6 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:35 AM

These are just a few suggestions of mine (and will update) as I think of more.

1. When in Mechlab and or getting set up with your unit and the Attack/Defend notifications pop up, we need more info.

Suggestion... In the lower right corner, it says (Planet X needs Attackers/Defenders). But how many?
When those notifications go out, how about a number of players needed also be attached?

Fix... (Planet X needs 2 Attackers). If 10 guy unit has decided to attack a planet, and its notification of attackers needed is sent out to everyone else in that faction/factions, than it should say (2 attackers needed) so everyone else knows there are attackers there, how many are already there and how many are STILL NEEDED. Defense notifications should work the same way.

Suggestion for LP (faction loyalty ladder rankings.

I think there needs to be a far larger LP ladder.

Example...

1. X amount of LPs = X amount of C-bills
2. X amount of LPs = X amount of C-bills + GXP
3. X amount of LPs = X amount of GXP + (1) free (random) consumable
4. X amount of LPs = X amount of MC
5. X amount of LPs = (first rank promotion) + X amount of C-bills +(1) free (random) cockpit item

6. X amount of LPs = X amount of C-bills
7. X amount of LPs = X amount of C-bills + (3) free (random) consumables
8. X amount of LPs = X amount of C-bills + GXP
9. X amount of LPs = X amount of MC
10. X amount of LPs = (second rank promotion) + (1) free reserves pack

*reserves pack* = 5 tons of (random) ammo, 3 (random) weapons and 1 (random) instrument (NARC/BAP/TAG/ECM/COMMAND COUNSEL etc...

And the ranking unlocks should go up like this.

And besides mech bays, we should be able to unlock free consumables, item/ammo/armor packs, paints, camo patterns, mechs and famous mechs (that can only be gained in CW), and even special unlocks that are extremely rare. You can't see what you'll unlock until you get to that level. But make it well worth it.

Other bonuses we can can get is something like (mech 2 packs) 1 for you and 1 to gift to a friend or new player to help them get into CW with better mechs faster.

I mean we all want CW to take off right? If I unlocked a few mech packs that would allow me to gift a mech as well, I could help do my part to help PGI entice others to play, by having these mechs to gift.

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 12 December 2014 - 07:39 AM.

#2 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:02 AM

The maps are not as exciting as they could be.

Defense is boring and having to wait for the attackers to break through is just not a good game mechanic.

We should be able to be up on the walls or have a way to help our base defenses (defend) lol.

Every base in the history of history had a weakness, a flaw. So how about to represent this, if we are going to have 3 doors that need to be attacked... Make it random that 1 of those 3 doors will drop much faster than the other 2. This gives the attackers a reason to prob the gates for weakness. There also needs to be a reason for the defenders to leave the base more.

Sure we are defending the base but there is all that area behind the attackers once they are at our gates that hardly ever gets played on because it's now a death ball at our gates.

This game mode is OK at best but there needs to be a work up to this part in the game.

IMO, the attack/defend game mode needs to be on at least 2 maps.
First map is the enemy landing some distance from the base. The defending faction sends in their advanced defending line to meet the attackers head on. This can be in any number if different map types. This first battle would act as the center battle and be more of a skirmish battle.

If attackers win, the defenders are THAN pushed back to the base, where they than have to protect it in a second battle (as we have now in attack/defend). But in that first skirmish battle, if the defenders win, they push the attacked back to their landing zone and the attackers now become the defenders as they have to defend their drop ship landing zone. And it can go back and forth until 1 side wins 2 consecutive matches .

Attackers need to win center map engagement and then take he base in the second match. Defenders need to defend the center map and push the attackers back to their drop zone map and then defeat the attackers there to push them off planet.

#3 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:18 AM

Maps are fine at this point. I just want more information on matches, how many are waiting in lobby and if there are opponents ready. This morning finding a match is just impossible.

#4 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:17 AM

ALSO...

In drop ship mode, when we are in the drop ship coming in to be dropped, the first person view is not good at all. Its poorly done IMO. For the 30 seconds or so that we are sitting in the cockpit of our mechs, inside the drop ship waiting... Why can't we see the drop ship from a outside third person view as its making planet fall, watch it fly in to the drop point, watch it take a few shots at the enemy and THAN take us to the inside in our mechs just before we drop.

I don't find it fun to sit inside the drop ship and watch the inside of a droop ship bay door. Just let me see what my drop ship is seeing and doing until that last few seconds before drop.

#5 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:46 AM

Inside the drop ship is fine by me. I like the sense of immersion. It's the view real troopers would see on a drop. If you want the panoramic shot either
1) sign up to be a pilot.
2) watch one coming in from the ground (just make sure it's not the enemies, they have some nasty stingers.)
3) Die and watch the rotating camera.

#6 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:13 PM

Defense side is way more stacked. Having to first bring down the gates by shooting their controls which are hid inside just means you have to sacrifice some mechs to even get at the controls. The Drop Ships are a bit to powerful. And the maps are really no different from any other maps put out to date. Being forced to funnel into a chock point/kill zone with spam Air/artillery strikes hitting you constantly... = very bad game play IMO.

and on a side note... i find it very irritating that even on the new maps, we are still getting stuck on small things that we should not be getting stuck on. The maps really are not well designed IMO.

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 12 December 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#7 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

here is an idea. How about... the defending base and its defenders are put in the MIDDLE of the map and the attackers can then pick drop points to come in at from 2 or 3 different sides? Make the defenders have to defend their 3 gates from different sides and not all at the front of the base.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users