251 replies to this topic

#161 SickerthanSars

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:37 AM

View PostDracol, on 26 December 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

Not only that, all IS Houses along the clan border lost worlds. Only Planting in Steiner space was able to repel the Clan invaders with help from the 228th.

most organized wolf units are still honoring the ceasefire and not attacking steiner space so makes sense, we're more focused on knocking the annoying space vikings out already.

#162 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:38 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 December 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

Liao and Marik borders heated up and it drew off a lot of the Steiner/Davion pilots who were helping defend the Clan borders. The Liao attack on Davion probably pulled 120 or 150 folks who would have been defending Kurita/FRR off to either attack or defend.

I half expected to come back and see Maladar in Liao hands. It was hard fighting. The unfortunate result is that now that the Ceasefire is over the first attack queue to fill up for Davion is Liao.

TL/DR translation, Them mariks and liaos kept smashing their faces into our fists, if they hadn't made us do that we would have totally kicked clanner butts!

#163 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:39 AM

Being Kurita is fun.

We found early it is fruitless to do much against the Davion Zerg. There simply are not nearly enough Kurita units around. It sucks for the competitive Kurita units but we cannot play 24/7 and despite a massive win percentage in CW ... we win yet lose planets anyway.

So easy mode is ... go zerg Davion. Get your wins by default on planets which have no one to defend.

#164 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:08 PM

A quick update from today's map. Detailed reports will continue tomorrow.

This is the map at Day 16, Start +381h
Posted Image

#165 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:11 AM

View PostAbivard, on 27 December 2014 - 01:38 AM, said:

TL/DR translation, Them mariks and liaos kept smashing their faces into our fists, if they hadn't made us do that we would have totally kicked clanner butts!

It's funny because it's true. ^_^

#166 Kensaisama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRedford, Michigan

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:51 AM

I punched his fist with my face then I kicked his foot with my groin, when I figured he'd had enough I collapsed.

#167 GonaDie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostKensaisama, on 28 December 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

I punched his fist with my face then I kicked his foot with my groin, when I figured he'd had enough I collapsed.

ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

#168 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:42 AM

Was this you master Kensaisama?

#169 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:06 AM

This is the yesterday's report from the military intelligence service. A new one with the current map is coming later today.

Houses report
This is the map at Day 16, Start +381h
Spoiler

And this is the map at Day 17, Start +391h
Spoiler

Here you can see the progress of conquering (during the 10 hours).
Posted Image

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 29 December 2014 - 05:07 AM.

#170 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

Yep we bleed, like alot. Someone put together a progress picture once the Beta and hopefully a reset will be set in place? Would be interesting to watch..

#171 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostTordin, on 29 December 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

Yep we bleed, like alot. Someone put together a progress picture once the Beta and hopefully a reset will be set in place? Would be interesting to watch..

While I truly do feel sorry for your noble warriors, being in the literal middle of the war, I hope there is not a reset at all. Hopefully PGI can find a much better option, like allowing us to fight at Tukayyidd (or even better there and then Terra if we win) and then realigning rewards to actually make it worth trying to push us back out. It is quite sad that a lot of IS units are choosing to switch sides or fight the other houses instead of us, and a reset will not fix that...

Edited by Cimarb, 29 December 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#172 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostCimarb, on 29 December 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

While I truly do feel sorry for your noble warriors, being in the literal middle of the war, I hope there is not a reset at all. Hopefully PGI can find a much better option, like allowing us to fight at Tukayyidd (or even better there and then Terra if we win) and then realigning rewards to actually make it worth trying to push us back out. It is quite sad that a lot of IS units are choosing to switch sides or fight the other houses instead of us, and a reset will not fix that...

Would take a map re-design.
It worked for BT because the Clans came from nowhere and blitzed the weakest faction(FRR)
They had the element of surprise.

No surprise in MWO.
You would have to use a conical map or something, like the Clans attacking DOWN onto Terra, this way most IS Houses would have borders with the Clans.

Flat maps =/= open space. 3D.

#173 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

To be fair the Milky Way Galaxy is much flatter than it is thick.

#174 TheAstroPub

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostCimarb, on 29 December 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

No but a reason for mercenaries to fight for them like they did for liao, smoke jag, and jade falcon would help. Also there were a lot of blance issues with the maps early on. A reset would be in order once they worked out the kinks. It would be unfair for all involved if they never reset. Do you really want to have your honor in question because you took all this territory "before they fixed/balanced the game"? There would be questions as to if you could have still done so much with out the system being flawed/incomplete.

Edited by Bzerker01, 29 December 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#175 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:50 PM

View PostBzerker01, on 29 December 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

No but a reason for mercenaries to fight for them like they did for liao, smoke jag, and jade falcon would help. Also there were a lot of blance issues with the maps early on. A reset would be in order once they worked out the kinks. It would be unfair for all involved if they never reset. Do you really want to have your honor in question because you took all this territory "before they fixed/balanced the game"? There would be questions as to if you could have still done so much with out the system being flawed/incomplete.

No offense, but that is a load of surat dung. The maps have been very slightly revised, and the generator additions have only changed HOW the attacks have been successful, not IF.

We are moving along quite nicely still - the change did nothing in that regards. No honor in question anywhere, imo.

In fact, the only people that really benefited from the non-generator "time" were the IS light swarms, not the Clans.

View PostBzerker01, on 29 December 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

No but a reason for mercenaries to fight for them like they did for liao, smoke jag, and jade falcon would help.

I do want to point out that I totally agree with this first sentence of yours, though. I think the rewards should be significantly higher for IS units defending against Clan attacks, specifically. It will make it harder for us, but that is what will make it that much more satisfying when we succeed.

#176 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:15 PM

This is the lastest report from the military intelligence service.

Houses report
This is the map at Day 17, Start +391h
Spoiler

And this is the map at Day 18, Start +431h
Spoiler

Here you can see the progress of conquering (during the 40 hours).
Posted Image

#177 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:18 AM

A quick update from yesterday's and today's map. Damn real life again, but even war correspondents want to celebrate New Year's Eve.

This is the map at Day 19, Start +447h
Posted Image

This is the map at Day 20, Start +471h
Posted Image

#178 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 29 December 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

Would take a map re-design.
It worked for BT because the Clans came from nowhere and blitzed the weakest faction(FRR)
They had the element of surprise.

No surprise in MWO.
You would have to use a conical map or something, like the Clans attacking DOWN onto Terra, this way most IS Houses would have borders with the Clans.

Flat maps =/= open space. 3D.

I agree....if we had a top down assault on the IS all factions could attack equally. Which would be a bad thing for the Clans but honestly we have no worry at this point of losing Planets outside to other Clans and I dont know why.

And yes....this was a requierment for the map when you are playing the game in a 2D environment and on a piece of paper all the time. It just fit with everything else....but space is in fact 3D and we should be able to attack whoever we want. I dont have to sneak pass a planet to get to another one when i have the infinite directions i can travel in space to get there.

The planets should also not be on a flat plane....give the Universe some depth....make us work our way down through the planets with Terra at the middle of the both x, y and the z axis of the map.

Id love to be able to attack another outter edge.....say Davion space? Or open a Marik front?

Edited by DarthRevis, 31 December 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#179 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:22 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 31 December 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Id love to be able to attack another outter edge.....say Davion space? Or open a Marik front?

Ugly as hell, but gets the point across:

Posted Image

#180 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:23 AM

This is the daily report from the military intelligence service.

Houses report
This is the map at Day 20, Start +471h
Spoiler

And this is the map at Day 21, Start +490h
Spoiler

Here you can see the progress of conquering (during the last 19 hours).
Posted Image

Won/lost territory

Steiner lost territory against Marik.

FRR lost territory against Ghost Bears.

Davion won territory against Liao.

Liao lost territory against Davion.

Marik won territory against Steiner.

Ghost Bears won territory against FRR.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users