Teams Swapped

6 replies to this topic

#1 generalazure

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:22 AM

Just had a match where I signed up to defend turtle bay (again), but for some reason our team was placed as attacker and the clanners as defenders. Think it confused them just as much as us.
Does anyone know what's going on there?

#2 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:27 AM

dont go to swinger parties man :)

Edited by AztecD, 12 December 2014 - 08:31 AM.

#3 Katotonic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:32 AM

It is a "counter-attack". Not sure exactly how the game decides it, but when the attackers win a game (or more) the defenders then need to attack in order to take the region (1 of 11) back.

#4 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:33 AM

I have not played the CW since it's release, but I think MANY players are not watching the notifications given on the top of the team window.

It tells you if your Attacking, Defending, or Counter-Attacking.

The way I understand it, a Counter-Attack is a Defend that actually becomes an Attack to reduce the Attacker's value for capturing a planet.

#5 generalazure

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:39 AM

Makes sense I guess, but I wish they would tell us a little sooner... we were poorly prepared for storming that place (read: it was a slaughter).

#6 SgtExo

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostZyllos, on 12 December 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

I have not played the CW since it's release, but I think MANY players are not watching the notifications given on the top of the team window.

It tells you if your Attacking, Defending, or Counter-Attacking.

The way I understand it, a Counter-Attack is a Defend that actually becomes an Attack to reduce the Attacker's value for capturing a planet.

That is right. If the defending faction has had a succesfull defence and there are tokens on the attacker side, the next battle will be a counter-attack where the defending faction will be on the assault to take a token away from the attacking faction.

So it would be like this:

--> Clan team iniates attack, IS defends, Clan wins, Clan gets a token on the planet.
--> Clan team iniates attack, IS defends, Clan loses, no tokens are changed.
--> Clan team iniates attack, IS counter-attack (so Clan team is on the defensive), if the IS counter-attack is succesfull, an attack token is taken away from the Clan pile, otherwise nothing changes.

Think of it as the planet has 11 bases that need to be captured and held. Initialy only the attacking faction can assault the bases because the faction that holds the planet has all the bases. But as bases start to fall, you need to halt the assault by winning a defence before going on the offensive and retaking the bases from the attacking faction. At the end of the day, the side that holds the most bases win. As there is an odd number of bases, you cannot have a stalemate.

They just need to tell us if it is am attack, defence, or counter-attack you are participating in so that you can choose your mechs accordingly.

Edited by SgtExo, 12 December 2014 - 08:44 AM.

#7 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:13 AM

same thing happened to me but I just thought I was going nuts

I just started shooting bad guys

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users