Getting Hit While Still In Dropship

10 replies to this topic

#1 SpuriousLogic

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:00 AM

Yesterday, I was hit in my shoulder and center while still flying to the droppoint. It was not even close to when the door open. My guess if the enemy shot at the dropship and it went right through. Anyone else experience this? Is this expected?

#2 superteds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:01 AM

I've shot at dropships and randomly hit things, but I assumed I was just hitting the ship rather than the mech inside it. At a guess the doors don't actually stop shots.

#3 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:14 AM

I had both my legs and a shoulder hit when I was in the dropship with my awesome. I can confirm it happens.

#4 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:44 AM

In a Hot Drop situation it is likely the doors are open on the way in. What we see in the cockpit, and hear the roar, is just that, you in a sling awaiting release and the floor below you is already missing. lol :)

#5 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 12 December 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

In a Hot Drop situation it is likely the doors are open on the way in. What we see in the cockpit, and hear the roar, is just that, you in a sling awaiting release and the floor below you is already missing. lol :)

Yeah if you look up after drop the bottom of the dropship is open to fire.

#6 FETTY WAP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 456 posts
  • Locationspaaaace

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostBarantor, on 12 December 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

I had both my legs and a shoulder hit when I was in the dropship with my awesome. I can confirm it happens.

Well, that's normal for an Awesome..

is this joke still funny

#7 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:17 AM

Someone needs to fire these dropship pilots, they clearly aren't trying to avoid enemy fire at all.

#8 superteds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 12 December 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

Someone needs to fire these dropship pilots, they clearly aren't trying to avoid enemy fire at all.

that sinking feeling when your dropship drops you in the middle of the enemy rather than OH I DON'T KNOW YOU STUPID PILOT anywhere else in our base

Edited by superteds, 12 December 2014 - 11:22 AM.

#9 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:01 PM

Yes, and if anyone else remembers, dropships were supposed to be heavily armed and somthin that you didn't want to be anywhere near. I dropped with the full enemy team right next to it.

It shot a SINGLE salvo of a FEW LARGE LASERS. Heavily armed is a load of bull! A MEDIUM mech can carry that! This is a mercenary dropship, it should b crippling multiple mechs the second it flies in and they are in the area. It is a JOKE!

^^^^This thing was supposed to protect attackers and defenders from spawn camping. Guess what it doesn't do. Protect. Nobody even hesitates to charge the spawn if they can do so in mass numbers.

#UselessDropshipIsUseless

#10 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:13 PM

Well a Leopard Dropship is supposed to have these for weapons:

2 x PPCs
3 x LRM-20s
7 x Medium Lasers
5 x Large Lasers
but they're mostly facing in different directions so *meh* Probably should be able to bring ~ Heavy mech firepower towards anyone within range.

Maybe a Loyalty upgrade will get you carried in on a Union or Overlord...

and DAMNED if I wouldn't want to see an Overlord combing in and laying waste, evem if it was to me...

Edited by verybad, 12 December 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#11 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:20 PM

Dropships are getting kills perfectly fine. If all 12 mechs are surrounding the dropship and dropzone, it stands to reason that that would overhwelm the defenses. It shouldn't be an all-powerful doom machine, it never was supposed to be.

If you're in a match where all 12 mechs are surrounding the dropzone and your team is already dead, it's game over anyway. More motivation to move and fight with your team instead of standing off by your self just..."surviving".

Suck it up, try to pick off damaged mechs before you go down, and move on.

Edited by Telmasa, 12 December 2014 - 05:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users