#1 Hillslam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:19 PM

How are you guys getting so many drops?

I seriously want to know. cuz I cannot BUY a frigging drop.

I would like to know any tricks for getting into matches. At this point I don't care faction, border, win, lose, anything.

I have dropped twice, TWICE, since CW has launched. One Attack on Sulpher one defend on Apollo (snow map whatever).

I have waited in queues now over 30 times (yes I am counting and keeping track). My record wait is 1hour 38mins. I typically give it 30mins before I say F**K it and dump the lobby and try again. Thank god for browsers and books for something to do while I wait for this game to do NOTHING.

No I'm not dropping on unlisted planets.
Yes my deck is legal.
No I'm not going to quiet border planets.
I've tried via all hours of the day.
I go where the little announcements tell me.
I've tried selecting planets from the list.
I've tried the flashing swords and shields planets.
I've queued up in groups of 2, 4, and solo.
I've tried the planets WITH the awards listed.
I've tried the planets WITHOUT the awards listed.
Nothing. Nada. No Joy.

HELP! I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY THIS FREAKING GAME!

its ridiculous

Edited by Hillslam, 12 December 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#2 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:22 PM

stick with a drop and find something to pass the time.

#3 FrDrake

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:23 PM

Turn on NGNG twitch and drop they are, most people follow them around.

#4 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

Also coordinate with your faction and units. Make friends. Talk to people.

We have a pretty low player base and it took an hour or so, but now we have multiple groups coordinated in an attack.

#5 Rosscoe

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 73 posts
  • LocationCrazy Canuck Land!

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:11 PM

Best bet is to drop during the prime hours, do remember alot that is ALOT of people have no idea CW is out in beta and if they do are still trying to learn the new UI.

One thing to do is get the community together and have everyone attack defend the same world. it'll help speed up.

#6 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:15 PM

Like I said I give it a min of 30mins each try. Longest wait is almost 2 hours. Plenty of queuing in groups and with friends and solo. Plenty of ingame friends, and group invites. None of those are the issue.

I do like the tip about following NGNG around and queueing where they do. At least that way I know someone is waiting too.

#7 Diznitch

• PipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:15 PM

Make friends and talk to people in the lobby chat? It's not like PlanetSide2 where there is a good mechanism to communicate in game and actually DO that. They don't even have a chat lobby here, much less VOIP. No one wants to chat about forming a unit in game, and that's the only place to chat. Forums don't help much, it's too hard to find a critical mass of actual players in the time zone. I've played MMORPG's to the highest level, and this game so far has less to offer for team formation than EQ did back in '98 when it was in Beta. :(

#8 MAU88

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

TO PGI
(I don't think this message will get your attention but I'll try anyway)

To lower the absurd waiting time in CW you could add a PLAYER COUNTER in the planet lobby, so that we can know if someone is interested in attacking / defending that planet or not and at what point of the search the matchmaker is.

EXAMPLE

I click on Apollo and I see this message:

Planet:Apollo
attack: 12/12 (ready!)
defense: 4/12 (searching...)

I click on Tripoli and I see this message:
Attack:1/12 (this dude will wait for ever)
Defense:0/12

This way we don't have to wait FOREVER to find a game

An in game tutorial would be sweet too

#9 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

I was testing the queue last night, somewhat late for PST (11pm-1am).

I found that the first few tries (I canceled 3 @ 10min) on planets with 0 Attacker tokens I felt it was taking forever. I was just picking a cool sounding name and looking at the occupying unit. I was trying to fight IS mechs as a clanner.

I gave up on that and instead looked for whichever planet had attacker tokens. I found one with 4 attacker tokens and queued for that which happened to be an attack. 3 minutes and the first game popped. As attackers we lost but I queued up again. This 2nd wait was 15minutes. The third time I queued it took 20minutes. I chalk that up to how late it was getting for West coast and it was still too early for east. The last two drops I was clicking the call to arms button but the first time I chose that planet was just based on the tokens.

Planets with attackers that have tokens appear to be where the activity is. I think units are focusing efforts to whichever planet they're attacking w/ the highest tokens while the defenders rally to these same planets.

I am going to generally ignore planets with 0 attacker tokens when I solo drop into CW and focus on whichever planets have the most.

Edited by AlphaToaster, 12 December 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#10 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

I was getting very quick queues all night lastnight... but this happened everytime for about 3hrs! I decided to go to bed but oh well. It's a new feature that they busted out and worked hard on for us for Christmas. I'm not angry or anything. It's still loads of fun. I just hate seeing so many negative. For what it's worth, every queue that I get in quickly is for Apollo, Port Moseby and Verthandi.

Imagine this video looping for 3hrs straight and that's what I got to deal with. Thankfully, it's not happening today nor am I having FPS issues. There was an issue with hanging cockpit itmes but I think they disabled those until it was fixed.

#11 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

Well...now I cant even get into regular groups. I guess cause people waiting on the CW. Maybe if you don't get in CW after a player set time it will pop you into a regular match...or something...cant play right now.

#12 Chemie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

they have to have a dashboard or at least click the planet and see the queue. Right now, you have a bunch of partial groups trying to attack or defend but there is no way to know where you can fill that team out. You literally can have 6-man team attacking one planet and another 6 attacking a different planet and neither gets a game

#13 Sgt Helmet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:17 PM

We tried to play in a 12man the whole evening, got 2 drops in. We splitted up and went "sync popup" hunting and some of us started getting drops. And when the drop started it started almost immediately.

So there should be some indication how many players are on the other side, as I think this might be an issue of impatience as the either side doesn't fill up as people are stopping the wait.

At least something needs to change as there just isn't any point of waiting around for drops.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users