Looking For Kurita Rp Drop Decks

67 replies to this topic

#61 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:09 PM

I feel like you fine remnant fellows have been away from the inner sphere for too long.

I like you guys a lot, and am pretty impressed with your level of play, but there's obviously quite a few things that you guys have to learn (or relearn) about CW from an inner sphere standpoint. Also bragging about how you were the leader of a comp 12 man and blah blah is all fine and good but uh, that's not what CW is. Many skills carry over, but tactics and strategies are not the same across two completely different types of play and saying "i know IS CW better than you because I ran comp groups" doesn't really work when you're talking to the NS guys who afaik played in comp groups and have been crushing pretty much everyone they fight in CW since the mode has existed. I mean, you don't think there's maybe a chance that pwnface might have some good points about stuff since he and his group are very extremely good at the game mode and it's not just because they're flat out better at shooting than every enemy they encounter.

I mean, our group, NKVA, was basically tutored by the NS guys and we use a lot of strats that are similar or at least based on what NS does, and we are extremely successful as well. And a lot of our players are new, to the point where we have people who don't have more than one or two mechs they can drop in CW aside from trial mechs in our groups every night. It can't be a coincidence that a group of mostly new players, often in sub-par mechs, is able to be very succesful in CW using strats and tactics that NS uses.

Also this might seriously be the first non fakepost i've made on these forums.

#62 Vlad Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:36 PM

View Posthopterque, on 18 February 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

I feel like you fine remnant fellows have been away from the inner sphere for too long.

I like you guys a lot, and am pretty impressed with your level of play, but there's obviously quite a few things that you guys have to learn (or relearn) about CW from an inner sphere standpoint. Also bragging about how you were the leader of a comp 12 man and blah blah is all fine and good but uh, that's not what CW is. Many skills carry over, but tactics and strategies are not the same across two completely different types of play and saying "i know IS CW better than you because I ran comp groups" doesn't really work when you're talking to the NS guys who afaik played in comp groups and have been crushing pretty much everyone they fight in CW since the mode has existed. I mean, you don't think there's maybe a chance that pwnface might have some good points about stuff since he and his group are very extremely good at the game mode and it's not just because they're flat out better at shooting than every enemy they encounter.

I mean, our group, NKVA, was basically tutored by the NS guys and we use a lot of strats that are similar or at least based on what NS does, and we are extremely successful as well. And a lot of our players are new, to the point where we have people who don't have more than one or two mechs they can drop in CW aside from trial mechs in our groups every night. It can't be a coincidence that a group of mostly new players, often in sub-par mechs, is able to be very succesful in CW using strats and tactics that NS uses.

Also this might seriously be the first non fakepost i've made on these forums.

I'd rather not start a credibility war with NS after finally coming back to Kurita, but it's not like we haven't fought them before and won - consistently - with 4-mans leading PUGs and groups running trial mechs and the like. It's true they're probably one of Kurita's strongest House units, and they certainly have the win ratios to prove it, but I haven't been particularly impressed with the Marik and Davion "resistance" being put up against the Dragon. Everything is relative, eh?

#63 Wild_Alaskan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 159 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:39 PM

Back on topic (sort of...)

Dear PGI,

Please give us the Marauder MAD-5L to accompany our Thunderbolts in sniping the clans into extinction.

Thanks.

#64 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:10 AM

View PostVlad Ward, on 18 February 2015 - 08:36 PM, said:

I'd rather not start a credibility war with NS after finally coming back to Kurita, but it's not like we haven't fought them before and won - consistently - with 4-mans leading PUGs and groups running trial mechs and the like. It's true they're probably one of Kurita's strongest House units, and they certainly have the win ratios to prove it, but I haven't been particularly impressed with the Marik and Davion "resistance" being put up against the Dragon. Everything is relative, eh?

Hey stop tickling my E-PEEN. We've fought and won multiple matches against various JGx, MS, and SJR forces as well. We aren't picking Davion and Marik because they are easy (although that is convenient for cbill grinding), but they are strategically our best options at the moment. Fighting clanners is much more fun IMO and many of us in NS can't wait til we can focus our attention northward again.

Edited by pwnface, 19 February 2015 - 12:12 AM.

#65 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

How is the pure short-ranged/Brawl set up working out in CW? I've started dabbling in Atlas play this past week in Pub matches(I still have a while before I get to my Atlas-K, been using my -S(L) reward variant) and I noticed my brawl build is frequently running into intermediate ranged Assault and Heavy mech builds in the Pub matches.

These builds force me to either stay out of sight until the fights devolved into brawl ranges late in the fight...it's kind of fun if I can stay out of sight until the last two minutes, then spring out of cover against the last remaining opponents, fully armed and untouched.

But frequently, I find I'm just being the damage sponge...I'm one of the first in, I get focused, I put a bit of hurt on an Assault/Heavy or too and then I'm down. Sometimes that's enough to help me team out since these heavier mechs go down easy for them after I've soften them up, but others timed it feels like I let my team down.

Is there a changing shift in Assault builds in CW toward less brawl-centric set-ups? Is the Atlas brawler still viable or is it starting to wain? Has anyone managed a reasonable build for an Atlas that is more intermediate based?

#66 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

View PostCocoaJin, on 12 December 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

I want to RP in my drops. Though I'm not totally excluding salvaged chassises from other Houses, I'd like to try focusing on Draconis designs first, followed Draconis variants of contract chassises.

My current plan is:
Assault: King Crab (I'm not a big mech kind of guy, so it's all I have.)

Heavy: Dragon-1N (working toward re-purchasing), looking to add at least one more chassis, a salvaged Cataphract 4X will be put on stand-by

Medium: Cicada 2A, Hunchback-4G, looking to add one or two more chassises

Lights: Jenner, looking to add two more chassises.

I have the Wrath pack, so I'm hoping to find something there that will help fill out my ranks.

http://www.sarna.net...ine_BattleMechs

Not a list of mechs or pre-built decks, but here are the dominate mechs used by the faction as by Sarna. I was going to also have a kurita specific deck at some point, but right now I'm running with all Founders mechs and attempting to fight the clans.

#67 Michael Costanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:32 PM

View PostCocoaJin, on 09 March 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

How is the pure short-ranged/Brawl set up working out in CW? I've started dabbling in Atlas play this past week in Pub matches(I still have a while before I get to my Atlas-K, been using my -S(L) reward variant) and I noticed my brawl build is frequently running into intermediate ranged Assault and Heavy mech builds in the Pub matches.

These builds force me to either stay out of sight until the fights devolved into brawl ranges late in the fight...it's kind of fun if I can stay out of sight until the last two minutes, then spring out of cover against the last remaining opponents, fully armed and untouched.

But frequently, I find I'm just being the damage sponge...I'm one of the first in, I get focused, I put a bit of hurt on an Assault/Heavy or too and then I'm down. Sometimes that's enough to help me team out since these heavier mechs go down easy for them after I've soften them up, but others timed it feels like I let my team down.

Is there a changing shift in Assault builds in CW toward less brawl-centric set-ups? Is the Atlas brawler still viable or is it starting to wain? Has anyone managed a reasonable build for an Atlas that is more intermediate based?

If anything, brawling has become more important with the counter attack mode keeping the gates open.

But an Atlas is not supposed to "spring out of cover", it's supposed to be the damage sponge. Also, in CW, An Atlas should be used to win the match and not necessarily get kills. Even in the counter attack mode, if an Atlas dying allows the DPS brawling heavies on his team to rack up six kills and control a dropship pad, then the Atlas is doing his or her job.

Just like anything, it depends on how coordinated your team is. An Atlas charging in by himself won't do much if the team isn't following him.

Edited by Michael Costanza, 10 March 2015 - 07:32 PM.

#68 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:10 PM

View PostMichael Costanza, on 10 March 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

If anything, brawling has become more important with the counter attack mode keeping the gates open.

But an Atlas is not supposed to "spring out of cover", it's supposed to be the damage sponge. Also, in CW, An Atlas should be used to win the match and not necessarily get kills. Even in the counter attack mode, if an Atlas dying allows the DPS brawling heavies on his team to rack up six kills and control a dropship pad, then the Atlas is doing his or her job.

Just like anything, it depends on how coordinated your team is. An Atlas charging in by himself won't do much if the team isn't following him.

Then maybe I just need to once again investigate a intermediate ranged Atlas for Pub matches...it's hard to be helpful with 270m weapons against the onslaught of LL now so prevalent on large chassis and even several lighter ones...especially with little to no coordination in Pub matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users