- - - - -

New Players In Cw, If No One Appears In The Que On Cw...

31 replies to this topic

#21 Brad73

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSoutheast, GA USA

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:12 AM

I'm used to waiting for game start on some titles, up to 10 minutes (Warthunder comes to mind).
But this dumb sh^^ with over 20 minutes waiting? Forget it. I'll wait till they fix the game... oh wait... I've been waiting on that since closed Beta.
I haven't really played for over a year now. Pop in every 2-3 months to see where they are at and what has been done. And end up leaving again disappointed. They seem to not know what they are doing (UI design, game design, etc.) and take FOREVER to do what they do finish.
Ridiculous.

#22 Hamish McPiton

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFishing out of my cockpit hatch.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

I have no problem getting matches in just a couple of minutes.- but you have to go where the action is.

#23 RadBaron

• Pip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 13 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada, eh.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:10 PM

Just now, 42 minute wait (plenty of time to read up on the CW forum)

Finally MW icon starts flashing, click on that. 12 man PUG.

Vs...

Nobody.

Oh yeah, no bonus because my timer ran out while I was waiting to drop. Yay.

#24 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:10 PM

Were you on the attack RadBaron? Or defense?

I believe that there are several other factors here that I should include both here in this reply and also in my original post so that others may be made aware of it if they wish to see a summary. Hopefully no one reads this as me patronizing anyone, since I haven’t had opportunity to play, I am merely sleuthing this out with my own (limited) understanding of the game and my logic (which may or may not be on target, I admit).

1. Vassago Rain and several other veterans have made mention that wait times for Clan members are much shorter on wait times than Inner Sphere. This probably results from there being an imbalance in numbers of Clan players and Inner Sphere players. Thus, Inner Sphere players often result in having longer wait times.

2. There are probably hundreds (dare I say thousands) of possible players who read the exact same notifications at the exact same time. Thus, if you are defending a heavily-contested planet, you could see yourself attempting to join in a queue that is already saturated with dozens or even hundreds of other players who have already landed in the 12-slots necessary. And since these slots are limited for each planet, and there are a limited number of planets to contest at this point in time, you may find yourself always ‘a minute late and a dollar short’ due to whatever reasons of connectivity or lag speed you may or may not have.

3. To wit, if you find yourself waiting longer than the average of 7 or 8 minutes, odds are that the 12 slots have already been filled and a battle is already underway.

4. I may be off-base on all of this I admit, but it would appear to me that since only the border planets are up for grabs at this time, there might be more opportunity for folks if they can coordinate with friends for attacks (whether through Groups), while defenders will obviously have to simply either be in a group of their own or they will need to make do with when they receive a warning of a planet being under attack.

Edit Concerning Attitudes and Sportmanship:

Another interesting effect I have read over the course of the last two days is the tendency for folks to either announce 'troll' when someone vents their spleen about waiting, or someone is frustrated with certain aspects and calls PGI out on it.

Further, I am reading some rather disturbing reports about 'hardcore' or 'tryhard' players abusing folks in chats.

To wit, if I may extend this out to my fellow casual players and new players.

Should such individuals utilize such language such that you find repulsive, I would ask you, humbly, to ignore those individuals. Rather than disconnecting and allowing them an easy victory, fight harder than before. Do your utmost to defeat them. Do not get dragged into playing the psy-ops of 'you a *****' or '**** you and ur ****** *******'.

This does nothing for the game.

Instead, I would extend to you to fight hard, and once the battle is over, take a few minutes to breathe, walk out, smoke a cigarette, punch a pillow if you must, or find your lady or man (those of you lucky and blessed enough) and simply talk to them and let the tension out of your system.

To those who are venting their spleen, and otherwise saying that PGI is doing a bad job... I understand your frustrations, and I respect them. While I cannot say that I agree with your methods, I do certainly understand that here, on the Internet, there is a lack of ability to convey your tone of voice or your emotions to others in a way that may or may not be constructive in mindset. And sometimes, yes, everyone has to gripe and moan, because we are human beings and we are vulnerable to sways of having bad days or events that strike us at the most inopportune times. It is my own personal hope that this should not befall anyone, but still, if it should, I understand.

Blessed be, one and all.

Edited by BrandonKF, 13 December 2014 - 10:24 PM.

#25 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:12 AM

View PostBrandonKF, on 13 December 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

Were you on the attack RadBaron? Or defense?

I believe that there are several other factors here that I should include both here in this reply and also in my original post so that others may be made aware of it if they wish to see a summary. Hopefully no one reads this as me patronizing anyone, since I haven’t had opportunity to play, I am merely sleuthing this out with my own (limited) understanding of the game and my logic (which may or may not be on target, I admit).

1. Vassago Rain and several other veterans have made mention that wait times for Clan members are much shorter on wait times than Inner Sphere. This probably results from there being an imbalance in numbers of Clan players and Inner Sphere players. Thus, Inner Sphere players often result in having longer wait times.

2. There are probably hundreds (dare I say thousands) of possible players who read the exact same notifications at the exact same time. Thus, if you are defending a heavily-contested planet, you could see yourself attempting to join in a queue that is already saturated with dozens or even hundreds of other players who have already landed in the 12-slots necessary. And since these slots are limited for each planet, and there are a limited number of planets to contest at this point in time, you may find yourself always ‘a minute late and a dollar short’ due to whatever reasons of connectivity or lag speed you may or may not have.

3. To wit, if you find yourself waiting longer than the average of 7 or 8 minutes, odds are that the 12 slots have already been filled and a battle is already underway.

4. I may be off-base on all of this I admit, but it would appear to me that since only the border planets are up for grabs at this time, there might be more opportunity for folks if they can coordinate with friends for attacks (whether through Groups), while defenders will obviously have to simply either be in a group of their own or they will need to make do with when they receive a warning of a planet being under attack.

Edit Concerning Attitudes and Sportmanship:

Another interesting effect I have read over the course of the last two days is the tendency for folks to either announce 'troll' when someone vents their spleen about waiting, or someone is frustrated with certain aspects and calls PGI out on it.

Further, I am reading some rather disturbing reports about 'hardcore' or 'tryhard' players abusing folks in chats.

To wit, if I may extend this out to my fellow casual players and new players.

Should such individuals utilize such language such that you find repulsive, I would ask you, humbly, to ignore those individuals. Rather than disconnecting and allowing them an easy victory, fight harder than before. Do your utmost to defeat them. Do not get dragged into playing the psy-ops of 'you a *****' or '**** you and ur ****** *******'.

This does nothing for the game.

Instead, I would extend to you to fight hard, and once the battle is over, take a few minutes to breathe, walk out, smoke a cigarette, punch a pillow if you must, or find your lady or man (those of you lucky and blessed enough) and simply talk to them and let the tension out of your system.

To those who are venting their spleen, and otherwise saying that PGI is doing a bad job... I understand your frustrations, and I respect them. While I cannot say that I agree with your methods, I do certainly understand that here, on the Internet, there is a lack of ability to convey your tone of voice or your emotions to others in a way that may or may not be constructive in mindset. And sometimes, yes, everyone has to gripe and moan, because we are human beings and we are vulnerable to sways of having bad days or events that strike us at the most inopportune times. It is my own personal hope that this should not befall anyone, but still, if it should, I understand.

Blessed be, one and all.

What amuses is me is that from the forums those abusive posters are the very pro-CW ..... if you dare even mention your wait times they jump on you with abuse and condescension. Coincidentally they mostly play in 12 mans or have changed their allegiance already.

So while I agree with your comments I think they're aimed at the wrong people.

#26 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostRemarius, on 14 December 2014 - 04:12 AM, said:

What amuses is me is that from the forums those abusive posters are the very pro-CW ..... if you dare even mention your wait times they jump on you with abuse and condescension. Coincidentally they mostly play in 12 mans or have changed their allegiance already.

So while I agree with your comments I think they're aimed at the wrong people.

I do not personally agree with that form of dismissive behavior either.

Since I am unable to post in those threads other than here (and I am limited in the number of posts that I am allowed to make) I would respectfully request that if there are any folks who are dismissing others as trolls, that instead they might instead prefer to point others to this thread. I understand that reading post after post from different folks stating that it is taking far too long and how come PGI hasn't fixed this already could be wearisome, but I would hope that after reading this thread, new and casual players might be better informed and thus would exercise the alternatives.

I gather that there are quite a few folks who are not crazy about joining a group specifically because they prefer to play on their own time and dime. I can agree with that in part, and I sincerely hope that the issue of Community Warfare would be resolved so folks do not have to call 'waitfare'.

Merry Christmas.

#27 Phantom360

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 92 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOver where the grass is greener.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:37 AM

Is it normal to be stuck perhaps waiting 35 minutes ?.
I left the que after over half an hour of waiting xD.

#28 Arc Viper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:38 AM

I joined the clan side and waited over 10 minutes on 3 different planets, then just gave up. It's good to at least know the bug that's going on.

#29 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:26 PM

Okay, for those of you needing to find other players, I created a Facebook Group specifically for those wanting to create a group without joining a unit.

Link is here: https://m.facebook.c...785333261514516

I will also be linking the chat function one of the other members created as a user interface for solos looking to queue up on planets and find others in their vicinity.

That can be found here: http://webchat.freen...els=mechwarrior

#30 Kohl Slaasruud

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

It would be nice if the planets graphic actually showed:

1. blippy worlds where fighting is actually happening... always seems to look the same, and when you check those worlds, there is sometimes no planet info or apparent attack wins (games happening there).
2. showed areas that needed to fill team queues waiting for real games... the world list seems neither accurate nor functional.

also: I don't see how we can refer to the empty team queue as a "bug"... since the functionality was probably never programmed in the first place, its not like COD or anything... because in that case, the queue system and matchmaker are quite fast and functional.

maybe the 'PGI PLZ nerf' project should focus on not allowing giant teams to hog up the queue and overwhelm the matchmaker... hmmm???

#31 Phashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBuckeye stuck in Michigan

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostBrandonKF, on 12 December 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

Do not leave. From one of the other veterans concerning this issue (kudos to Viktor Drake for spelling it out) "I will say this again. People need to read the forums. There is a display bug where it DOES NOT SHOW people who have qued up for the Planet so even though the lobby looks empty, there are actually people in it and the match is building up to start. This is or at least was sticky in the "Know issues" thread in the CW section of the forums. By dropping out of the que and hopping around you are just increasing the wait times and make the problem worse. I waited 10 mins. 20 mins or more might not be uncommon with people giving up and cancelling all the time." So, if you are a new player and you find yourself waiting longer than a couple minutes, just keep waiting. People jumping out of the lobbies because they see no one else in the que are probably helping to cause all the disturbance and long wait times. This is not to blame everything on anyone in particular, it is meant purely to help you casual and new players understand what is going on. God bless.

Great thread. Thanks for the help, actually!

Too bad PGI had not prepped anyone better for playing in the CW. The line "people need to read the forums" to know what is going on is pretty sad. TRUE. but sad. a little of me died right then. :-)

#32 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:37 AM

Phashe, well, now that they have opened up the new numbers for folks who are in the queue and also added a chat for each planet (? Am I right on this? From what I've seen it appears to be each planet having its own separate chat, but correct me if I'm wrong.), how is everyone's times? Still taking 10 or more minutes, or are we dropping faster?

Note: I've been watching units on Twitch, but as you all know they get preferential treatment and yes, when on the attack or defense they drop very swiftly during peak hours of play-time.

Also, for newbies, when does the ceasefire occur, and how often do the planets change faction, and in which timezone does this happen?

Yes, lots of questions, I like to be thorough in my inquiries. ^_^

Also, theB33f was hilarious on his Crabcakes video. Watching him and the other stumble around in those King Crabs the first few times was amusing, to say the least.

Hoping everyone has had a very merry Christmas, and wishing to look forward to a happy new year in 2015 where I can join everyone in dropping dirtside!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users