5 replies to this topic

#1 DJFrost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

I must have missed something, does beta not mean 'test' any more???? How can PGI justify releasing this joke right now?

Lets make a list of some things:
-Not a single walkthrough or instruction on the community warfare game mode, leading to spending over an hour with a decent group trying to figure it out
-countless bugs including false errors, teams not being able to launch due to not being ready, even though everyone was, not being able to select a planet to launch to for the first couple times I signed in, crashing on the first launch
-FRAMERATE dropped from 30 avg, to less than 10!!!!!
-terrain and hitbox issues, getting caught on, terrain that should not be stopping me, shooting through mechs and not hitting (through torso, like a ghost, not through open legs etc)
-horrible map design. The winter map, which is the only map we have been able to play so far, is completely defender biased. As an attacker, this map is a complete joke, and whats with putting LARGE lasers on the turrets while still allowing such a high number of airstrikes/arty/uavs....???

I understand completely that this is a beta release but not sure why they would put it on the main server and not run it on the test server for us to try. The Framerate alone has rendered the game unplayable right now. Guess there goes my chance for THIS tournament as well, THANKS PGI!

#2 Noth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:58 PM

Test server would not get appropriate traffic to actually see how the system function in the live environment.

#3 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

I heard it was released on the test server a while ago (but maybe only for the competitive groups)

#4 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:13 PM

Yeah, put the beta on the test server so I can play the final version on the live server ;) :P/s

#5 Clydewinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

I don't think the test server is really needed, as the players who don't want to test it can just play in the normal queues.

#6 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:22 PM

This is better imo. More traffic, more people who care about how it works out and have basic knowledge on how things can be balanced/fixed/modified. Stress testing, bug finding and feedback in huge amounts right now. This is better on all sides. Be thankful, but remember that it's Beta so don't be all upset and mad because there are bugs. File a support ticket to explain anything you find, include video/imagery if possible/necessary or just make a constructive post on the forums. We really should have a Feedback/Bug Report forum specifically for CW so the main forum doesn't get congested with stuff and then the moderators can move them as needed for people who are too stubborn to use a Feedback/Bug Report forum.

Edited by Moonlander, 12 December 2014 - 06:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users