• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:21 PM

Like the title says, I know its BETA

Maybe I am missing something.

I go into Faction and set up my Drop Dec / Ship.
In Group mode, Leader selects a POP UP to go fight and we ready up and launch. After a wait, we get a match (or we get bored with waiting and exit)

In solo mode I do the clicking on the POP up or on the the Find a Planet Drop Down (to find a Planet having battles)

I select attack or defend depending on the POP UP or the whatever shows up on the Planet I selected.

I go into wait mode.

If the POP UP shows up and says Defenders or Attackers needed on Planet X, ten that leads me to believe there is a battle pending and pilots are needed.

We had a group of 12 (actually 2 groups running) and most of the time we sat waiting. Same today when i tried solo.

I am old. 10 minutes wait is my limit. Not really griping, just curious is I am missing something or is it just what is happening? Even after the 10 minute wait, IF you get a match, you have another 5 minute (longest we encountered) countdown as it located the other team...

So the bottom line is, what is with the wait times? Especially in a 12 man group and selecting a Pop Up Battle notification? Solo I can see a bit longer as it would look for a place to put you, but a 12 man group?

Again, not flaming or griping, just curious as to what is going on behind the scenes so I understand the process.

Thanx and other than the FPS drop off I am loving CW so far...

#2 Summer Gleeson

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:28 PM

It seems to be the trend atm to have excessively long wait times. I can't honestly give any solid reason beyond rumor or speculation, but I can assure you that you are not alone.

#3 TamCoan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:30 PM

the high volume of forum posts indicates that many of us are sitting in queue playing wait warrior online. :huh:

#4 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

the wait is normal. the match maker is trying to find a group of players to fit together like a puzzle. You just gotta wait and think of something to do to pass the time.

I can wait 1-10 minutes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users