Dear Pgi: Can We Please Get An Explanation Of How Community Warfare Matchmaking Works?

No replies to this topic

#1 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:09 PM

Look, short, sweet, and simple:

We need information on how the matchmaker works - what decides which players fight who and where, and why we sometimes get fights in five minutes, and other times can wait hours upon end with no fight appearing.

A guide, a news post, whatever; give us players some kind of information so we can figure this out.

Right now, it feels like blindly waving my arms around, crossing my fingers that I'll manage to strike lucky and get myself into a match.
  • Can't figure out where there's players assembling to fight
  • Can't see if I'm all alone in the qeue or if it's about to fill
  • No clue whether the pop-ups in the bottom right hand corner (Planet _ needs defenders/attackers!) make things better or worse
  • Wishing I had an option to tick a box that would just plug me in to whatever battles are forming up that still need more players - some sort of 'soft' matchmaker, I guess, where slots would fill up ahead of time with "solo player" or "group: size x", and any player or group fitting that variable can be plugged into that slot without having to wait for eons
  • Don't understand how the battles I participate in are affecting the fight for the planet - victories and losses sometimes don't seem to match up at all with the attacker wins/losses tally
  • Often have no idea which mech I'll be dropping in first, unless I remember to check, double check, and re-check again in the "Preparing for Drop" screen for which mech is actually highlighted

Also, this all makes the current challenge feel all but impossible - there's simply not enough time in the world to reasonbly think I can get this done, not with this combination of waiting yet never knowing.

Sure, this kinda thing is to be expected as things roll out and are brand new and have teething issues, that's all fine and dandy. I'd just like to setup a player-made guidepost for what needs prioritization next; and if we're supposed to be able to do things like this weekend challenge, we need to have more information available, and/or a means to get into battles faster.

Edited by Telmasa, 12 December 2014 - 05:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users