No replies to this topic

#1 Tristan Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:06 PM

Warning: This thread contains massive, violent e-peen stroking. Not suitable for young viewers, people with heart conditions or pregnant women.

Posted Image

So we're attacking Boreal vault. My team decides it's a good idea to focus on Alpha gate, ignore Beta gate. It turns into a real meat grinder naturally. 12 of our mechs vs 12 enemy mechs + turrets. Do the math.

I ask my team to help with Beta gate. No one listens. I go over, take out the turret and destroy the gate single-handedly, to hopefully draw some enemies over to my side. "Beta gate is open." No one responds, naturally.

Eventually, someone suggests a new 12 man blitz through Beta gate. I rally Alpha lance, suggest that we should be flanking hard through Alpha while everyone else is rushing through Beta.

Works like a charm. Alpha lance slips through their defences unnoticed, we take the Orbital Cannon down to 5% health before while the two other lances grind through Beta gate, but we're eventually swarmed and finished off.

Third wave, my team just forms yet another deathball, push through and finish the Orbital Cannon, winning the match.

Now, here's the kicker. In my eyes, Alpha lance won the match. Sure, the other lances played an important role, but we would probably not have won by just pushing straight at the enemy like a horde of zombies.

I personally spent the whole match attacking Beta gate, turrets and the Orbital cannon. As for the e-peen stroking, I like to think I played a critical part in making this a win, rather than a straight deathball grind.

But... the only 2 guys who didn't get the 80 match score needed for the challenge, were me and another member of Alpha lance. So... yeah. Not a very solid reward for actually trying to win the match and damage the canon.

Lesson learned: Forget winning the match. Just kill gundams for this week's challenge.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users