How To Play Cicada 3C/sniping Build

2 replies to this topic

#1 Monroe the Pinhead

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:54 PM

So i saw the quirks for the cicada 3c and having always wanted a cicada and the desire to finally start useing ppc or gauss rifles i bought it for kicks. First i went to the training grounds and set it through a trial run which was great, then i went into a pug match. That now leaves the question...
how do i pilot this mech without going up in flames?
i have never used ppc in mwo ( i did in mech assault 1 and 2 but that's beyond the point) and the Cicada is very unique in its ways. So can any one give me some advice? i am adamant that i master this mech and its other chassis but i need help, any kind of help with piloting it.

I'm using the stock loadout but will be switching to ERPPC ASAP, i'm trying to use this mech as a scavenger tossing out a few bolts and retreating then coming back but i never live long afterwards... or maneuvering around the other mechs ( im sure i pissed a few off) i'm not used to this play style. should i be propped up somewhere firing a few bolts and stay at the back or do i go in mid range and make use of my machine guns and closish range ppc attacks?? IDK

so any advice on this is more than welcome from builds tactics how to use ppc/gauss etc.
thanks for your time and patience with this pinhead

- A Pinhead

#2 Danielio97

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 57 posts
  • LocationKráľovce, Slovakia

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:26 AM

As for the Cicada-3C this is my build. You definitely need to upgrade to XL engine, Double heatsinks and Endo/Ferro if you want to have some decent armor. If you want to use this mech as a sniper mech you should buy Advanced zoom, but you can also manage with basic 2x zoom. I have ER PPC cooldown module level 5, so I can shoot my targets as much as possible.

As for my tactics, I usually stay in the back, find a hill from which I can shoot and also hide behind. I would recommend having an Advanced sismic sensor, so if somebody will try to shoot you from behind you will notice them if they get close. You can snipe on nearly every map, but on some maps it can be a problem to find a good position. If you can't find a good position try to stay right behind your team, try to support them. When your team is winning and there are only 2-3 enemies left, you can leave your sniping position and put those machine guns into use. Those enemies that are left should have their armor stripped and those 4 machine guns can do magic with exposed internal structure. Don't worry if they have some armor left, ER PPC does 10 damage so you can easily take care of that remaining armor.

I bought this mech before quiks came out and before it was an useless mech and I bought it only because I wanted to master my other Cicadas [3M and 2A(C)], but now it has its use and I managed to have some fun rounds in it. Of course it's not the biggest damage dealer out there, but when I killed a legged Raven from over 1000m on Alpine, I just couldn't help but start to love this mech.

#3 Monroe the Pinhead

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

Hey thanks Daniellio for the advice it has really helped me out. I already had advanced zoom but the other modules and upgrades are now on my list. i based my game play on your tactics and they improved my piloting ALOT. also the machine gun in exposed areas is very satisfying to experience. so thanks once again!

A Pinhead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users