Why Steiner Will Never Rule (In Mwo)

51 replies to this topic

#21 Toisich

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:21 AM

I'd say it's less of a factor of the north american steiner base being too small, and more of a factor of the north american clan base being too large.

#22 Tarmok II

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 118 posts
  • LocationTerra, Germany, Sachsen, Vogtland

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:24 AM

View PostToisich, on 15 December 2014 - 12:21 AM, said:

I'd say it's less of a factor of the north american steiner base being too small, and more of a factor of the north american clan base being too large.

well the LORDs that are a very importend part of the JFclan (in fact they own all planets in JF territory) are a worldwide distributed unit

btw a little better toady 3 planets lost, 2 taken

Edited by Tarmok II, 15 December 2014 - 12:25 AM.

#23 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:47 AM

I think the main reason off the failure to defend is the lack of steiners attacking the Jade falcons back, I've been waiting endlessly on planets that the stieners 'should' be attacking while the attacking maps for me is nearly instantaneous.

Also the fact that you got some of the biggest planets in BT lore (ie sumerset) it's kinda hard to prevent it being captured.

I have no problem with the front being expanded this fast as this is how it went in lore. However there will be a time Jade falcon over extends to the point it can't defend from all it's fronts.

(also the majority of people in my unit that is currently aligned in jade falcon; the group that attacks stiener the most. Is german. So I can easily say that most attackers are from europe as well =P)

Edit: give it time. I've personally failed every single attack against stiener today. I'm not a bad player, prior to today I did good. It's just that stiener is focusing more on IS vs Clan now.

Edited by Nightshade24, 15 December 2014 - 12:48 AM.

#24 Tarmok II

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

leave our faction sub forum clan scum

#25 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:00 AM

because a steiner scout lance can not zerg rush, 54kph is too slow.

but true issue is, the jadefalcons have only 2 real fronts atm, this is wolfs and this is steiner, while wolfs as ell as steiners bothhave some more broders.

and this will lead the jaguars to focus moe of their battles on less conflict points, by yet trying to reach terra.

Edited by Lily from animove, 15 December 2014 - 01:02 AM.

#26 Devillin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 140 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTharkad, Standing Next to the Throne.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

View PostKosmaj, on 13 December 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

I admit that only when defending we were able to win against clans , and that they need some weight restriction because 1 player taking 3 timberwolfs and 1 kit fox drop deck is pretty sick

I don't think they need a weight restriction, IS drop decks need to have their weight increased. Maybe it's because I've been Steiner Scout Lancing for too long, but I'm no good in anything less that 65 tons. We shouldn't have to throw away a drop spot (or two) on a Locust in order to bring the two or three mechs that carry enough armor and weapons to actually fight Omnimechs on these maps. 240 tons is fine for IS vs IS, or Clan vs Clan. But for IS versus Clan, the IS should have at least 280 tons, with 300 being better.

#27 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:25 AM

View PostTarmok II, on 15 December 2014 - 12:49 AM, said:

leave our faction sub forum clan scum

The thing is in MW: O I am an inner sphere 'freebirth' as much as you. and I am aligned by what my group is with. (I was a stiener until CW) and this matter concerns me as much as it concerns you. I am giving the perspective off the other side of the story. After all, As one famous man once said. "Information is ammunition".

#28 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:37 AM

View PostDevillin, on 15 December 2014 - 02:29 AM, said:

I don't think they need a weight restriction, IS drop decks need to have their weight increased. Maybe it's because I've been Steiner Scout Lancing for too long, but I'm no good in anything less that 65 tons. We shouldn't have to throw away a drop spot (or two) on a Locust in order to bring the two or three mechs that carry enough armor and weapons to actually fight Omnimechs on these maps. 240 tons is fine for IS vs IS, or Clan vs Clan. But for IS versus Clan, the IS should have at least 280 tons, with 300 being better.

I personally think the drop decks are fine as it is. I think the problem here is what is mentioned above. "We only ever won when we were defending". This is basically the same thing here. I think that giving the attackers more support would help.

Tanks would be a good idea
"(Long tom) Artillery Launchers". "Demolisher" "Bulldog" "Magi"

helicopters and aerospace fighters could work as well.
"Peregrine" "Kestrel" and let's not forget the Nightshade =P (yes, that is what my name is from)

These are just Inner sphere vehicles I stated. Clans will have some as well but that is not off interest on the inner sphere steiner sub forum I believe.

This would be fair because the enemy team already has the turrets firing down and other deffences and such.

However I think the allied ground vehicles should play a large part in getting the turrets because I think turrets need to be increased near the dropship. As some of you may know a zerg rush of 12 firestarters can end the entire game and ignore most turrets in under 2 minutes. If you ask me I think a full company of inner sphere battle mechs and a whole lot of turrets should be able to kill a deployed company of a total of 420 tons. (to put that into perspective, the dropships in game carry the usual max of 400 tons each.)

The artillery and stuff will stay relatively far away to open fire on the defenses and stuff. being a slight objective by the defenders to kill the long tom artilleries that are 1000 to 2000 meters away from the possition they're firing.

But what do I know? I'm obviously crazy. (Also I think the max tonnage for both factions should be higher while the min is slightly lowered.)

#29 Tarmok II

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:15 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 15 December 2014 - 03:37 AM, said:

I personally think the drop decks are fine as it is.

funny how this almost only comes from clan players
NOTHING needs to be balanced only the zerg rush that is SUPRISE not that easily possibile with clan mechs

#30 Momolillo

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:44 AM

ohh I'd love so much to see assauling long tom tanks, helis or nightshades <3.
Indeed, given the Clan power superiority i think IS assaulting would use a help

#31 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:09 AM

The biggest issue with Steiner losing territory so fast is we have to face the Lords, DERP, and KCon. I was watching some of the Lords twitch streams and listening to their chat. They have their players working around the clock in shifts. Teams of about 6 players at least. I saw DV Mackena at least a half dozen times on Saturday. Sunday it was Heimdelight over and over again.

A lot of the competitive teams are Green Turkeys, ahem, Jade Falcon. These guys are wrecking us. We need some organization. I'm a pugger, but seriously considering joining a team. I'm enjoying CW, but I'd enjoy it more if I could win a match every once in a while.

#32 bloodangeluk

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:36 AM

Yeah, I've kind of learned quickly that, as a pugger, CW is seriously pointless for me to even consider contributing to.

#33 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:23 AM

View Postbloodangeluk, on 15 December 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

Yeah, I've kind of learned quickly that, as a pugger, CW is seriously pointless for me to even consider contributing to.

Not pointless. As a Steiner, I see we have 3 options.

1. If you choose to fight the Clan (Jade Falcon in particular), join a unit and get on team speak. This will be the only way to beat them.

2. If you PUG, fight on the IS front against other houses.

3. If you don't mind dieing repeatedly, continue to fight the Clans as a PUG.

#34 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 15 December 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

The biggest issue with Steiner losing territory so fast is we have to face the Lords, DERP, and KCon. I was watching some of the Lords twitch streams and listening to their chat. They have their players working around the clock in shifts. Teams of about 6 players at least. I saw DV Mackena at least a half dozen times on Saturday. Sunday it was Heimdelight over and over again.

A lot of the competitive teams are Green Turkeys, ahem, Jade Falcon. These guys are wrecking us. We need some organization. I'm a pugger, but seriously considering joining a team. I'm enjoying CW, but I'd enjoy it more if I could win a match every once in a while.

steiner units should coordinate to push certain fronts, theres none of this going on atm as far as I know

#35 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostJazriel, on 13 December 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

Na Man, North Merican Steiner are to busy helping FRR defend

Same with us Davions, we need to keep FRR Free.

-ST

#36 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostTarmok II, on 15 December 2014 - 04:15 AM, said:

funny how this almost only comes from clan players
NOTHING needs to be balanced only the zerg rush that is SUPRISE not that easily possibile with clan mechs

Okay, how about we nerf the IS drop deck? because all there mechs are OP in CW due to the quickening.

Ie the fact a single light mech can do more damage to the base faster then a clan heavy?

Yea... no. It's not logical for IS dropships to carry less mechs then Clan dropships nor is it logical for clans to carry less.

Also from the 'receiving' end off a Steiner defense. It's quite hard to win. Don't pretend only IS lose at attacking because it seems like all attackers across the inner sphere and clan struggle. (In fact due to the effectiveness off the IS lights and mediums over the clan ones in damage output per second the IS have a slight advantage there)

PS: Both teams atm use the 'Leopard" dropship which is made too drop 1 lance off mechs. (I am not sure if clans used this cannonly but it was a star league ship and the favourite of the time till all the way to the succession wars and 2nd succession war. So it is likely to still be used by clans)
(also... it's underpowered. The weapons is about right but it also carried 3 LRM 20's and 2 PPC's....)

I just think we need to wait a bit before attack and defend is updated and such. (I think another problem is you got the problem off most competitive players in the CJF side,this is actually making me anxious a bit as I am switching to steiner after my contract is over)

#37 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:03 PM

View PostKosmaj, on 13 December 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

I admit that only when defending we were able to win against clans , and that they need some weight restriction because 1 player taking 3 timberwolfs and 1 kit fox drop deck is pretty sick

Might want to check your math.

#38 Mercworks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

I belong to a Pirate unit (really, Merc) that joined Steiner. We're almost all North American. The problem is that Steiner faces the Clans, and 12 on 12, it's very hard to beat the clans on an attack, and not that easy to defend either. 12 jumping Mad Cats over the gate is a tough rush to stop.

#39 Tarmok II

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:15 AM

here we go again everyone but davion grabed a steiner planet overnight (5planets gone) playing steiner seem totaly pointless if nothing changes

btw nice to see that the caln players have nothing to do but reading/writing in IS subfrorums

Edited by Tarmok II, 16 December 2014 - 12:16 AM.

#40 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:57 AM

View PostTarmok II, on 16 December 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

here we go again everyone but davion grabed a steiner planet overnight (5planets gone) playing steiner seem totaly pointless if nothing changes

btw nice to see that the caln players have nothing to do but reading/writing in IS subfrorums

I am not a clan player. I am as inner sphere as you. No one in MW: O is a clanner.

It's quite odd to see people be racist/ prejudice about the faction your aligned in battletech. Quite funny on how that reflects on your personality.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users