Current Challenge Cw Bad For Attackers

3 replies to this topic

#1 DrRed

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:37 AM

I typically dont post here much but I feel the current challenge is a poor choice for attackers. The defending unit has turrets and controls the chokepoints. Given that the attacker will lose the tug of war (s)he has one choice: rush. So in order to win you move as one large death ball and take the cannon down. This tactic works- sometimes even with a PUG. The problem: your matchscore is too low (below 80), even on a win, to count for the challenge. Frankly- I dont like attacking because it means to run like hell, dont stop, dont hide, dont chase, dont aim, dont get points and dont get kills. You only hit the turrets and randly shoot back at really stupid defenders in plain sight. The defender in return tries to kill you ASAP to protect the cannon. In the end the attacking team is penalized for a good tactict by the match score and get few credits even a win. Not good. Dicuss.

Edited by DrRed, 13 December 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#2 Tristan Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:46 AM

I agree. Not getting any match points for attacking the gate or the orbital cannon is also bad. I had a match earlier when I was trying to get my team to push and they responded that they were waiting to farm kills for the match score.

Also this:
http://mwomercs.com/...ning-the-match/

#3 Logal Dazlar

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 75 posts
  • LocationUnknown asteroid in Kurita space

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:51 AM

You make a good point with 1 exception. You do not have to win. :) I dropped twice last night and lost both attacks but scored 75 on first drop and 85 on the second. You just need to apply enough damage for kills and assists to earn the 80+ match score. Although winning is the outcome you would normally want.

#4 helpless william

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:46 AM

View PostLogal Dazlar, on 13 December 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

You make a good point with 1 exception. You do not have to win. :) I dropped twice last night and lost both attacks but scored 75 on first drop and 85 on the second. You just need to apply enough damage for kills and assists to earn the 80+ match score. Although winning is the outcome you would normally want.

Right, that's his point. The Challenge is directly contradictory to doing what it takes to win on the attack, or counter attack. As attacker, you can either choose to play for the weekend's challenge match score, or play for the win.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users