I'm having fun

#22 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostBeakieHelmet, on 13 December 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

My point was I don't buy EA games and I don't just buy released games, I put my money towards games with quality and promise.

Mate, CW is beta at the moment. And yeah, there are bugs. You had the unfortunate luck of getting hammered 4 times by one of them.

We know UI 2.0 needs work. It's on PGI's TODO list now that CW is out. They want a Smurfy's type mechlab, IIRC. They'll get there.

Bear in mind they only managed to get the ball-and-chain off their ankes (with IGP written on it) 3-4 months ago. You weren't here to see how PGI turned the boat around. It's much better and generally improving.

Chill, de-rust on the solo/group queue (and learn how to deal with clan mechs in the process) and see how it goes?

#23 SnoweeDrifter

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 13 December 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

As another returning player, if you can force your way past the UI, the game has actually significantly improved and it's worth at least a few matches. Start off in solo queue though if you're rusty! Mistakes don't hurt nearly as much there.

That has been the opposite of my experience...then again I play with good players. Some groups are worse than pugs. I would find yourself a good team that is willing to work with you, but you will have to listen to them, you will never go back to solo's.

#24 SnoweeDrifter

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostScratx, on 14 December 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

Mate, CW is beta at the moment. And yeah, there are bugs. You had the unfortunate luck of getting hammered 4 times by one of them.

We know UI 2.0 needs work. It's on PGI's TODO list now that CW is out. They want a Smurfy's type mechlab, IIRC. They'll get there.

Bear in mind they only managed to get the ball-and-chain off their ankes (with IGP written on it) 3-4 months ago. You weren't here to see how PGI turned the boat around. It's much better and generally improving.

Chill, de-rust on the solo/group queue (and learn how to deal with clan mechs in the process) and see how it goes?

Agreed, good plan of action, however, I still don't understand why we haven't seen a set of rules for this new CW mode.....maybe its so broken that they wouldn't make a difference. I guess not all ceasefires are the same, they have different functions which they don't tell you.

#25 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

the OP has legit feedback, but I' having a blast, rarely crash, loving CW (when I can get a match), and just enjoying it overall. The unit I'm in has more players now than it ever has. The OP wasn't trashing anything, or cursing the game, just legitimate feedback imo. I just have the opposite view....

#26 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 14 December 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

You spent almost $800 on a game that doesn't even yet fully exist. But let's crucify PGI for actually creating a game. Unlike Star Citizen they can't sit on their hands and deliver nothing. They had to build this game as they went.

Star Citizen has delivered on every promise they have made. They're one year into development and the game is absolutely great so far. It's polished, beautiful as hell and tons of fun to play. CIG is also building Star Citizen as they go, in the same engine, and the difference in quality, openness and feedback is staggering.

View PostMechaBattler, on 14 December 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

Tell you what. Let's do it Star Citizen style. Pay for some stuff now. Come back in a year and CW will be better. Because right now it's basically a feature in Beta state.

I'm a founder. I paid for the game in october of 2012. CW was due in December of 2012. I've come back two years later. I see a fantastic game that's come from nothing in Star Citizen, and a shoddy game with little improvement and quite a lot of things worse than how I left it in Mechwarrior.

Edited by BeakieHelmet, 14 December 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#27 Milocinia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

You can actually "play" Star Citizen?

#28 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostSnoweeDrifter, on 14 December 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

That has been the opposite of my experience...then again I play with good players. Some groups are worse than pugs. I would find yourself a good team that is willing to work with you, but you will have to listen to them, you will never go back to solo's.

I mainly found that any mistake I made in group queue was much worse than in solo, and more readily lethal.

#29 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

Honestly can't believe PGI released CW early and you can't see your drop group until its full so good luck guessing whether people are actually in your game or not. What has PGI been doing the last 2 years with making CW? Not much apparently its only playable because everyone's tired of endless death matches. PGI gets a F for CW "beta"......

#30 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostKyocera, on 14 December 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

You can actually "play" Star Citizen?

You've been able to fly your ship and fight aliens since june. Fight with and against other players since august. Race since september. They've been adding more and more ships ever since.

There's Horde Mode vs Aliens (which has an option for online co-op) capture the flag, deathmatch, team deathmatch, racing (with a unique level), and the hangar you walk around and customize your ships in.

All of that is playable right now.

FPS on-foot fighting is scheduled for next spring, multi-crew ship fighting is scheduled for next summer, persistent universe beta scheduled for next fall. Because they've hit every other major release when they've said they would, I can hold them to that with confidence.

#31 Milocinia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

Sounds alright for a $1000 game.

#32 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:39 PM

View PostKyocera, on 14 December 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

Sounds alright for a $1000 game.

It's not, it's a $45 game.

#33 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

View PostScrap Catastrophe, on 14 December 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

I agree but disagree. This game is 180º turn around from where it was 3 months ago under IGP. PGI is sorting stuff out finally.

Because of transverse...

#34 StRohl

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

so he left one beta and jumped into another...what does he expect?

#35 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostStRohl, on 14 December 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

so he left one beta and jumped into another...what does he expect?

MWO went gold august 2013. You don't get to put your game back in beta, bro.

#36 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:58 PM

View PostBeakieHelmet, on 14 December 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

Star Citizen has delivered on every promise they have made. They're one year into development and the game is absolutely great so far. It's polished, beautiful as hell and tons of fun to play. CIG is also building Star Citizen as they go, in the same engine, and the difference in quality, openness and feedback is staggering.

I'm a founder. I paid for the game in october of 2012. CW was due in December of 2012. I've come back two years later. I see a fantastic game that's come from nothing in Star Citizen, and a shoddy game with little improvement and quite a lot of things worse than how I left it in Mechwarrior.

Right how many millions has been just given to Star Citizen? And now how much of a difference is that to MWO's development? How long have you actually been able play Star Citizen?

#37 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:16 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 14 December 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

Right how many millions has been just given to Star Citizen? And now how much of a difference is that to MWO's development? How long have you actually been able play Star Citizen?

There's a reason why so many people trust Star Citizen over other projects, and it's not just the funding.

Again, we've been able to play ship to ship combat since june.

#38 CalderMort

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 15 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

View PostBrody319, on 14 December 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

a perfect bed time story. only made it about a paragraph in before I got sleepy.

I was hoping the ending would be more exciting. Maybe the movie version will be better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users