Why Make A Major Feature Just For 12 Man Groups?

255 replies to this topic

#21 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:10 PM

I think this is a similar problem to what happened in early dev. We had Groups dropping in the same que with Solos and solos got stomped repeatedly. Problem is these units aren't in great enough numbers to seperate from solo players. So what do you do to fix this? give solo droppers a tonnage advantage?

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostBrody319, on 13 December 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

I think this is a similar problem to what happened in early dev. We had Groups dropping in the same que with Solos and solos got stomped repeatedly. Problem is these units aren't in great enough numbers to seperate from solo players. So what do you do to fix this? give solo droppers a tonnage advantage?

http://mwomercs.com/...e-how-it-works/

#23 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:13 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 December 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

So the actual interesting news that everyone wants/needs to hear is;

Show the real numbers of players in the pre-queue of each planet.
Allow players to group with all players of the same faction whether they are in your unit or not.
Add a global faction chat with easy abilities to friend/group with players.

You dirty kurita dog. WTF????

Edited by Captain Stiffy, 13 December 2014 - 01:17 PM.

#24 Axeman316

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 44 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:20 PM

LoL to funny that things are to difficult for most to understand. I understand end game play because yes I have played tons of online games. Not to have a lobby system in that allows you to join other groups of smaller units is beyond stupid.

#25 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:21 PM

I you want to have fun, I suggest you go to the solo queue. All the tryhards are playing CW now. Though your waiting times might reach CW now in the solo queue.

#26 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 December 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

see the problem with that is a 2 6-mans will be far more effective than 12 solo players. even a single 6 man team instantly changes how well a battle can go.

I've dealt with 6 solos + a 6 man group vs 2 6-mans. and we got stomped.

#27 AnimosityMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 207 posts
  • LocationRight behind that rock over there.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 December 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

Yes.

Because it impacts your casual play how? Oh, it doesn't.

Except where the Pug queue now has horrible FPS. Ping issues. The random disconnects. Oh and longer wait times becuase there are fewer people.
I mean aside from those issues you are absolutely right how CW doesn't affect the Pug queue at all.

#28 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostLaserAngel, on 13 December 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

I you want to have fun, I suggest you go to the solo queue. All the tryhards are playing CW now. Though your waiting times might reach CW now in the solo queue.

Actually solo queue is easy atm unless you're in an assault and that's not as bad as it was ;)

#29 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:26 PM

We just need some more NOT end game stuff for solo's. Like some PVE missions and GASP maybe a single player campaign game.

Always funny to see the end game thing come up when there is really no game to be ended with. Just deathmatch in now 4 flavors.

#30 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:26 PM

View PostAnimus41, on 13 December 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Except where the Pug queue now has horrible FPS. Ping issues. The random disconnects. Oh and longer wait times becuase there are fewer people.
I mean aside from those issues you are absolutely right how CW doesn't affect the Pug queue at all.

You forgot the memory allocation errors and 1-3 people being dc'd in every match over the two sides. ;)

#31 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:27 PM

Its not just for 12 mans. We ran 6 mans all last night and never lost a game. l2p

#32 Wolfgang2685

• PipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 69 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

I drop solo in CW and find people actually work together better even if it's a full pug. Even when facing 12 man premades it's been nowhere near the stomp in pub games, actually won a few.

I feel like pub games people just play with solo fits, mostly brawl or troll setups. In CW I've seen many soloists dropping with AMS/Beagle/Attritional long range weaponry like ERllas. I really feel CW has made the game better as a whole, though there's still bugs to work out.

#33 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:32 PM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 13 December 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

You dirty kurita dog. WTF????

It's NOT my fault!!!! :(

View PostAnimus41, on 13 December 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

I've been playing the PUG queue, all day, with crappy mexican internet service. And been fine. Oh, but BTW; if I'm looking for fast drops? I simply don't drop in CW matches.

OH MAH GAWD!!!!

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 13 December 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#34 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 December 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

Very large difference between having something made with 12 mans in mind, and being JUST fo r12 mans.

This was always meant as a TEAM game. The "Public Queue" has always been meant, since inception for the casuals. CW has ALWAYS been meant for serious group play.

I dont disagree with you often, but I do here. If they didn't want solo players they should not have included a "Lone Wolf" option as a faction.

#35 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 13 December 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

I dont disagree with you often, but I do here. If they didn't want solo players they should not have included a "Lone Wolf" option as a faction.

Did I say they DIDN'T WANT THEM, dude? NO. It's not geared to cater specifically TO them. Huge difference.

#36 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

I have a feeling that once there are faction chat channels the community is going to get glued together like never before.

We've needed in-game global chat SO BADLY for SO LONG

#37 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:02 PM

Very large difference between having something made with 12 mans in mind, and being JUST fo r12 mans.

This was always meant as a TEAM game. The "Public Queue" has always been meant, since inception for the casuals. CW has ALWAYS been meant for serious group play.

I like the first part of this. The second part not so much. How 12 mans/guilds/units form a team and how casual players form a team doesnt mean one is a team and the other isnt.

#38 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:07 PM

"ALWAYS" anything has never existed in this game ever.

#39 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 December 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

It's NOT my fault!!!! :(

I've been playing the PUG queue, all day, with crappy mexican internet service. And been fine. Oh, but BTW; if I'm looking for fast drops? I simply don't drop in CW matches.

OH MAH GAWD!!!!

Mexico!? I always assumed you had bought a house opposite Russ's in Canada so you could keep him closely under observation!

:)

#40 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 December 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

Did I say they DIDN'T WANT THEM, dude? NO. It's not geared to cater specifically TO them. Huge difference.

It will be interesting to see how CW pans out. I get the feeling that there are an awful lot more solo players in MWO than there are hardcore groups with the patience to engage with CW in depth. I wouldn't be surprised if CW fizzles out after a couple of months because of long wait times, or PGI may be forced to draw in solo players just to make up the numbers. All speculation, anyway...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users