Can We Have Some Temperate Maps Please?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Deadmeat313

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationPreston - UK

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:11 AM

Having travelled to the Inner Sphere as part of the Clan Smoke Jaguar touman, I must say I was disappointed to see the state of the worlds we've visited so far. I was told that the worlds of the fabled Inner Sphere were mostly comprised of lovely green jewels, far removed from the harsh hellholes of the Kerensky Cluster.

I arrive to find endless Sulphorous Rifts. Not pleasant. :(

Please can we have a baseline normal "temperate" map to represent actual areas people would want to live in? Like Forest Colony, but with better daylight?

I'd ideally like to see a Rolling Hills + Open Plains combination, with versions for both CW and regular play.

Cheers!
D313

#2 Rhaegor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, USA

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:40 AM

And less fog/snow. I am so sick of using thermal vision.

#3 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:41 AM

You need to quit reading travel brochures. It's all fire and ice here.

#4 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:06 AM

The IS is a myth; you've been fighting in the Cluster all along...

Welcome to the CW Matrix.

#5 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:04 AM

New maps coming in January/February according to the townhall meet. At least one will be based on the Canyon Network Texture set, so prepare for a non-sulfurous or non-Hoth like world or two :)

#6 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:11 AM

Don't get me wrong I love Viridian Blog... well it's growing on me it's just a little too junglistic for my taste (ECM can be very powerful there!)

When they said tropical map I was thinking more along the lines of beautiful beaches, white sands, clear skies... rolling hills with a couple areas that are heavy jungle.

There are some very good maps from MW:4 coming to mind here (whatever mission with the Jade Falcon standoff and land mines, or the one with against mad dogs / cats in the beach/city area.. closest thing to that we have is crimson straight which is pretty close but not pretty enough :P)

speaking of land mines........ erhrm consumable much? Yes please! As long as players couldn't just stack 5x mines for area denial that'd be ' so totally super schweeeeet! '

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 24 December 2014 - 08:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users