21 replies to this topic

#1 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:48 PM

So a couple of friends and I decided we were going to make ourselves a unit. We all signed up for Jade Falcon as lone wolves. Now it no it won't let me add them because it says either their contracts are either longer or shorter than the new units. So my question is are we going to have to wait the two days or so till our contracts run out? It is really annoying considering we are in the same faction.

#2 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

bump. I would like to know the answer. I have a small unit and we are needing to join a bigger one, but knowing how the process works would be very helpful. Seems like they want us to join Units, but then they go and make joining one difficult because of technicalities.

#3 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:13 PM

I also wonder how this is going to go with recruiting new players, can you not recruit people until there contract runs out? Because that is going to be a major pain if a person has to wait a week or more to join a unit.

#4 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:16 PM

yeah this is annoying.. they need to fix this somehow

#5 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:21 PM

I hope PGI includes an option to "pro-rate" their contracts when joining a unit, so that people don't sustain full loyalty loses if they have to break a contract, especially if merging into a unit of the same faction - there should be no losses if you're updating to a longer duration. Any losses incurred because of the solo players contract being longer than the units maybe could be covered through the unit's coffer?
However, this does open up a potential exploit at the Unit's expense...

In regards to switching factions completely, I hope that units and solo players get some more tools to sort out the contracts to make this kind of thing a little easier/smoother.

What about contracts with units?
Signing bonuses?
Hmm.. I think it's getting a little "feature-creep"ish now.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 13 December 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#6 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:24 AM

It seems that we did just that. It is very irritating but it is even more so when I can't seem to find any rules or how it works posts from PGI.

#7 x BUSTOV x

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

I chose to break a contract with CGB and I expected to loose loyalty points and some cbills, what I didn't expect was to be in Limbo.I have a real problem with this. It was not clear that by breaking a contract I wouldn't be able to get in CW for days. There needs to be a second prompt clearly stating that by breaking a contract you will not be able to compete in CW for X number of days. Also make the damn text large enough to read. I play 1900 x 1200 on a laptop and I need a magnifying glass to read chat and prompts or warnings. Put a option in the setup to scale the text.

I chose to break the contract so I could try IS mechs for awhile. Consider putting an IS identity and Clan identity like WOW or make it clear how long you have to wait to play CW again when you break a contract.

#8 Grim Machine

Rookie

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

Tried to switch factions cause a budy talked me into it and now I'm locked out and get error when trying to pick a new faction.. it has been 2 days. Am I being punished 2 million in Credits and locked out of CW? how long is the lockout?

Edited by Zraith, 14 December 2014 - 01:09 PM.

#9 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:26 PM

when someone joins a group, his contract should automatically be overwritten by the units one. But guess this problem is a btea feature that will soon be fixed.

#10 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 14 December 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

when someone joins a group, his contract should automatically be overwritten by the units one. But guess this problem is a btea feature that will soon be fixed.

What is really annoying is that we're all in the same faction. And our contracts are minutes to hours apart. If they just took the highest one and used that for the new unit contract i'd be happy.

#11 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:05 PM

Step 1: leave unit
Step 2: break contract
Step 3: wait 2 days
Step 4: No go. You can not join the unit.
Step 4 (alternative): Pick their faction, pick contract length, then try to join only then you get a contract length mismatch (and recycle to step 2).

If you leave a unit, you can no longer play CW.

Edited by Chemie, 14 December 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#12 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

View PostChemie, on 14 December 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

Step 1: leave unit
Step 2: break contract
Step 3: wait 2 days
Step 4: No go. You can not join the unit. If you pick their faction, you get a contract length mismatch when you try to join (and recycle to step 2).

You can no longer play CW.

so the unit also needs to eb without contract as well? wow, thats truly a bug then I guess.

View PostRed Legs Greaves, on 14 December 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

What is really annoying is that we're all in the same faction. And our contracts are minutes to hours apart. If they just took the highest one and used that for the new unit contract i'd be happy.

until the unit unfortunately invites an permanent guys screwing over th units contract strategies xD

the unit should always be above a single member.

#13 Witch Doctor

• Pip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

Does anybody knows how much c-bills for breaking permanent contract?

#14 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

View Postdimats9, on 14 December 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

Does anybody knows how much c-bills for breaking permanent contract?

You can't do it. You are locked to that faction forever (or until Phase 3,4,5 or something)

View PostRed Legs Greaves, on 13 December 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

So a couple of friends and I decided we were going to make ourselves a unit. We all signed up for Jade Falcon as lone wolves. Now it no it won't let me add them because it says either their contracts are either longer or shorter than the new units. So my question is are we going to have to wait the two days or so till our contracts run out? It is really annoying considering we are in the same faction.

I think the issue is that you still are under contract. I believe (just thinking about it), the sequence needs ot be:

1. leave unit
2. break contract
3. pay fee
4. wait 2 days

Then join new unit (and take on their faction and contract length).

Even if you are in the same faction already, it is no go since you have different contracts (I assume through different units so length is not the only problem)

Also, note that you could join a unit with permanent alliance in which case you can never change again

Edited by Chemie, 14 December 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#15 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

I have been turning down unit invites left and right. Did not realize it was this bad a penalty, just thought it was impossible to pug if you were in a unit.

#16 Witch Doctor

• Pip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

I think better way for PGI is make popup window like this:
"unit leader taked __ days contract with ____. Are you sure to stay in unit? Or leave unit right now?

#17 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

Even if you are in the same faction already, it is no go since you have different contracts (I assume through different units so length is not the only problem)

We're all lone wolves on our contracts so it seems you can't have an active contract at all to join a unit. Which is going to suck for recruitment if the person has to wait 7 days or more to join.

#18 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

Did the devs think it was wise to have to sit out for 2 days?

#19 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:10 PM

We just had to wait until our contracts were up and now we're all together as a unit and having a great time.

#20 Nimbus Captain Brannigan

• PipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:42 PM

I think as this is beta they should have made the "wait" period like an hour or so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users