Is Vs Is More Fun

18 replies to this topic

#1 Master Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

IS vs IS matches are way more fun then clan vs IS. I have played about 20 matches of ISvsIS and almost all of them have been close fun matches. Even vs 12mans as a pug. Every time i have done IS vs clan, the clan mechs either win in 2 minutes as attackers, or spawn camp us as defenders. I have not had any good matches vs clans. The clan mechs are just too powerful in my opinion.

#2 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:56 PM

Must admit. I feel the same. After spending 5 matches against Clans. A fight against IS feels like less of a challenge. But I found myself not wanting to lose the feel for fighting Clans, so I'm staying away from fighting IS. Though as a pug, any fight against organized groups is a slaughter.

#3 SLAK Ghost

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:37 AM

Yes. I am also picking the worlds for battles vs other IS. Just more fun play, and we don't seem to be as organised into units, so not as many 12 man teams.

#4 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:07 AM

The only map I hate going up against clan is the new CW snow map. They can just stand on the hill in the middle of the gates and hit you over the gate. While you're trying to push in they can just stand at the cannon and shoot. They can just pick you apart constantly from a huge range. But that's just the nature of Clan mechs. They have superior range. By the time you're able to get in range, you're usually in no shape go go heafs up.

#5 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:13 AM

View PostMaster Pain, on 13 December 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

IS vs IS matches are way more fun then clan vs IS. I have played about 20 matches of ISvsIS and almost all of them have been close fun matches. Even vs 12mans as a pug. Every time i have done IS vs clan, the clan mechs either win in 2 minutes as attackers, or spawn camp us as defenders. I have not had any good matches vs clans. The clan mechs are just too powerful in my opinion.

Of course they're more fun. They started CW before they were able to balance Clan 'mechs and IS 'mechs. The last time they tested all-Clan teams vs all-IS teams Clans won two-thirds of the time. It's supposed to be 50/50, otherwise it's not viable and most people will eventually stop playing Clan vs IS.

#6 Cygone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 454 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:24 AM

This is probably due to the ELO difference that the Clan has Vs. the IS.

Nearly every Top Competitive team went Clan.

This is why Clan are winning, not because of any Clan vs. IS 'Mech imbalance.

#7 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:30 AM

View PostCygone, on 14 December 2014 - 03:24 AM, said:

Yes, it's true. Pubs told me so.

#8 totgeboren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 357 posts
  • LocationUmeå, Sweden

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:18 AM

Clan vs IS balance has been done in the standard drop team deathmatch approach starting at quite short ranges. In this setting, the longer face-time of clan weapons and their higher speed and longer range gives a slight advantage, but as you close the distance the IS superior FLD brawling ability evens things out.

But CW fights are not like that at all. First of all, the locked engines of Clan mechs are huuuuge benefit if you are attacking. When you go in, most of your mechs will move at the same pace (and a fairly high pace at that), meaning your group wont get strung out, and also you are fast enough to outrun all but the faster mediums and lights that the IS can bring to bear. You can just run past the IS defence and go for the objective.

Secondly, clan weapons are strictly superior at attacking stationary installations, since instalations don't torsotwist meaning the clan guns are simply better. Longer range and higher damage means turrets and the big gun goes down much faster.

And as defence, well longer range and massive ecm coverage, with the ability to redeply much faster than the IS means the clanners would need to play really bad to lose against IS when defending.

All the things that make clanners different to IS are a huge benefit both as attacker and as defender in clan wars, even if IS vs Clan were fairly well balanced in deathmatch games.

#9 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:27 AM

I wonder if any statistics are being kept on Clans vs IS win/loss ratios.

Be interesting to see.

#10 salkeee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 172 posts
  • LocationTree House

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:34 AM

Competitive players/teams will pick best tools posible.

#11 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:44 AM

View Postsalkeee, on 14 December 2014 - 04:34 AM, said:

Competitive players/teams will pick best tools posible.

As they think to win is the only way to have fun.

easiest way to fix this and to make it if you pick clans or IS for each season, no backies, once you pick a clan sure you can change to another clan but non of this clans now the IS as really there just to get the clans to infight so they can make there jobs as IS easier,

there not really competative players there just people who game the system to there advanatge as some of told me, if you don't win how can u have fun. which just shows there mindset and how immature they are regardless of age.

#12 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:51 AM

Clans are overrated IMO, you can exploit their bad heat efficiency by pushing and eating first two alphas with torso twisting. Plus lasers and CAC lose their effectiveness against fast moving targets.

Edited by kapusta11, 14 December 2014 - 06:53 AM.

#13 The Red Priest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:55 AM

The only clan that I've ever had any real trouble with is Jade Falcon. The wolves are not nearly as great as a threat as they are. I've defeated them on many occasions, but have lost to every game, except one, that I've had with Clan Jade Falcon. Mainly because of the Lords, though. The one time we won was because it WASN'T the Lords that were attacking.

#14 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:06 AM

They went clan because the mechs are better, so it's a bit of both.

The size of the maps (especially the snow one) favors longer range. The length of the matches favors energy weapons, so the clan mechs have a clear advantage.

#15 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:14 AM

Dont fight each other, we must hold clan invasion. This "fun" today will have bad consequences tomorrow.
I know how this slaughter feels, with clans firepower and range. But even pug wins are possible sometimes.
So, fun or not, frontlines needs you.

#16 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:17 AM

I don't know for all the complaining about CW and Clans each day I look at the map and not much has changed.. Today I see Wolf took 1 or 2 planets and Ghost Bear took one..

#17 Little Details

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO, USA

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:45 AM

Agree with OP, fully half the reason I picked Marik is because I won't have to worry about IS vs Clan for a long, long time.

#18 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:56 AM

As others have said, they went Clan because Clan gave them the most advantages to start with and the best tools with which to exploit bad game mechanics (Bunny hopping Timberwolves being just one example).

Between that and the fact that the two maps available for CW favor long range combat (at least during the initial push), the only real option for the IS (when attacking) is the light rush, and I'd like to think PGI never intended for that to be what CW was all about.

Of all the CW matches I've played to date, the best (closest and most exciting) have been IS vs IS battles, usually end up being close fought, tense, exciting and balanced........with few exceptions, Clan fights usually end the same way.........Stormcrow, Timbercrutch rush with some Hellbringer ECM support and some MDD Lurm support.

#19 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 14 December 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

Dont fight each other, we must hold clan invasion. This "fun" today will have bad consequences tomorrow.
I know how this slaughter feels, with clans firepower and range. But even pug wins are possible sometimes.
So, fun or not, frontlines needs you.

We're actually pirates, so we don't actually care about stopping the clans. Kicking Kurita in the nuts is far more satisfying. Getting sake instead of beer as a prize is a bit disappointing though, so we like to raid Marik as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users