Drop Ship Pilots: It Is Time To Strike!

Gameplay

6 replies to this topic

#1 Kanatta Jing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:24 AM

For far too long have the proud, skilled and devilishly handsome drop ship pilots been brutally overworked.

Flying in and out of red hot combat zones as fast every 30 seconds? That is non-sense. I say that we should allow the mechwarriors to carry some of the battle for once.

Do you see this tiny diminutive dent in the side of this glorious space ship? That is from a stray gauss round picked up while dropping off a single Locust onto the battlefield.

The repair bill for that dent is higher then the replacement cost for that Locust!

I hereby suggest to you oh mighty Union of Innersphere Dropship pilots that it is time to demand reasonable breaks! Time enough to refill a cup of coffee and visit the latrine.

We must demand that we limit our combat interventions to once every 5 minutes. Who is with me!

#2 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:48 AM

idk about that but whats with these lvl 100 targetting computers that can hit you with a large laser at 1500 metres and blow someone cockpit up while streaming in at 200kms or more with prefect accuracy?

there pilots other much use that game hacks as no human hand can have such a steady aim while flying and dropping off mechs.

#3 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:06 AM

I think 30 seconds is fine. They chose the job after being unqualified for the most glorious job (and by chose, I mean, were 'persuaded' to choose, of course).

#4 Kanatta Jing

• 1,178 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:24 PM

More seriously a 5 minute respawn cycle would make shooting the defending mechs into a part of viable strategy for the attacker.

Combined with a slightly higher HP amount for the generator, I think it would solve most of the current issues with balance for CW.

#5 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostKanatta Jing, on 14 December 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

More seriously a 5 minute respawn cycle would make shooting the defending mechs into a part of viable strategy for the attacker.

Combined with a slightly higher HP amount for the generator, I think it would solve most of the current issues with balance for CW.

No, it would boil the match down to whomever can manage to wipe out the other team in less than 5 minutes and then camp the spawns.

#6 Abigail Acerose

• Pip
  • The Clamps
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

I feel like a 50-100% increase in spawn time for the Defenders would be reasonable, given they spawn on the objective and the Attackers must trudge 2km to get anywhere.

A better solution would be to move the Defender drop zone away from the objective, enough that the dropships mostly target those who are in the vicinity of the spawn (not the Orbital Rifle). But this solution is more involved, and I imagine spawn intervals are more easily manipulated.

Five minutes is certainly too long, by itself. 45-60 seconds is much more reasonable to hope for.

#7 Kanatta Jing

• 1,178 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostScratx, on 14 December 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

No, it would boil the match down to whomever can manage to wipe out the other team in less than 5 minutes and then camp the spawns.

Supposing that the defender defeats the attacker in 5 minutes and their remaining forces comprised of 8 damaged and battered mechs advance to the spawn.

Then at the 5 minute mark the entirity of the attacking team respawn simultaneously at the same time as the defending teams fallen mechs also respawn in base.

The 12 fresh mechs slaughter the 8 worn out mechs in one go.

The next 5 minutes of play becomes 10 or so attackers vs 4 defenders.

Of course in the event that the attacking team is utterly unable to damage the defending team in any meaning full way then a camp spawn could happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users