8 replies to this topic

#1 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

I was wondering what everyone considers to be a good IS drop deck?

I keep changing mine and haven't quit got it right........

#2 Kirkland Langue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:54 AM

If you have only one drop deck, which you plan on using for both attacking and defending, then there are a few things I would recommend you have:

1. A Jump Capable Light mech. If a Zerg is called, you should be ready to participate. Jenner or Firestarter are good choices.
2. A mech designed to counter the Zerg Rush - Best way to counter the zerg is to leg the light mechs as they advance, or to atleast be able to high light mechs on the move. Something that boats MPLs or Streaks is a good choice.
3. Heavy Brawler. Whether on attack or defense, you want something that can soak some damage as well as deal damage. There are a lot of choices here.

*Note* I'm awful at the game, so my suggestions are probably the opposite of what you really should be doing - just take 2x King Crab and 2x Locust.

#3 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:52 AM

My original plan was to have 3 ECM capable Mechs (I wish the IS had a ECM heavy)

But I only managed to get three ravens

Me being a newb I figured I would buy a Huginn with my left over MC from my TW buy

little did I know you cant mount ECM on that Mech so I bought the other 2 well it turns out the one with ECM has no jump jets
And you can’t mount jump jets

That told me my plan would not work (plan being the most versatile Mechs I can bring)

I still think an ECM Cicada might be a good idea but if I know PGI it will be the worst Cicada of the set

Same for the Atlas DDC but this a guess on my part

Right now I am glad I did not buy anymore Mechs for CW

I take my Missile Jager and 3 Ravens sometimes I sub in the free Victor but that thing is pretty worthless

I could use a good brawler maybe someone could suggest one

#4 Trantor

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 25 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

The ECM Cicada is a great choice.

The best choice is a true Lance or 2 Assaults and 2 lights/meds.
(I use at the moment most times True Lance with Stalker/Cataphrac/Hunch and Raven). Works not bad.

#5 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

I was running two med and two heavies until all the rushing started. Now i have to run an assault ,heavy and two lights . Im using the assault at the start to help with the rushing. I look forward to them doing something about this.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 14 December 2014 - 12:12 PM.

#6 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:16 PM

2 ECM JJ ligth mechs , 1 ECM fast medium and a SRM boat fast ligth mech for lone wolf attack drops.

2 ECM jj light mechs , 1 heavy Gauss sniper and a Full speed X5 medium mech for attack group drops

Defense......well....... a lot of BAP and streaks mechs.

or some nice tonnage since units like WOL are using heavys and assaults for their first 2 waves.

Edited by strikebrch, 14 December 2014 - 12:40 PM.

#7 superteds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

35t light (currently a 3l but a firestarter would be better here)
55t medium (currently a wolv, but a shadowhawk would be better, also JJs)
65t heavy (wubbolt)
85t assault (srm+mlas stalker), for that final push or for when you really need to kill lots of things very quickly

#8 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:50 PM

HGN AWS CN9 and LCT

2 assaults 1 medium 1 light

Though I was spontaneously switched to innersphere I usually run clan wolf.

#9 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:59 PM

I think what's important is that you can coordinate, so you need a dropdeck that fits your units strategy.

For a general purpose dropdeck when soloing or dropping in small groups you need to be prepared to adapt to the larger groups plan, that means you should have a build each for long, medium and short range fighting as well as at least one fast jump capable mech. Then ask in chat which of them suits the plan best best for the first drop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users