Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:44 AM

I just want to say,

THANK YOU.

I know there are some frustrations with Community Warfare like

1. Match wait times.
2. FPS Issues
3. Disconnects
4. Bit of an awkward and someone buggy interface (mech c hoosing function"
5. Game tweaks needed (notice I said tweaks NOT major overhaul)

BUT I know this is BETA and since PGI has become independant of IGP your communication and response time seems to have improved dramatically. I don't know the real reason why but thanks again. I haven't been patient in the past but I am working at it now. I even work on the guys in my unit to show more patience in general with both the community and this game.

So a BIG Thanks to the PGI team. So far i have had some EPIC matches to go along with the frustration. :)

TL:DR Version Thanks PGI for moving the game forward and releasing CW. I understand it is beta and will be patient while the game is tweaked. Thank again!

Edited by CrockdaddyAoD, 14 December 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#2 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:08 AM

I agree, thank you sooooo much for this PGI. Despite the sheer amount of unwarranted hate you guys have gotten, you have persevered, moved past and owned up to your mistakes, and have slowly but surely moved this game on a forward motion. Now that the skeleton of cw is out of the closet, this game can only go up. I can't wait to see what you have in store for further developing cw and the rest of the game :

Stealth Raptor

#3 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:18 AM

Well it's nothing like it should have been , smells of rush job all over and panders to pre-mades.

At first I thought it was not too bad , but after a few matches where pugs are yet again trounced by pre-mades see it is just a huge leap backwards and to be honest the game can simply not support this due to insufficient numbers of players. And If I were PGI I would not expect numbers to rise either as people that don't want TS and clan commitments won't come back to play this.

If this was the feature that was gong to define MW then it is most probably going to fail as there is no fun at all in having spawn campers and rushes with no real gameplay at all involved. You obviously once again don't give a damn about the solo players!

#4 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

I really don't think it's the solo player's place to judge something that *requires* more commitment and organization than they're capable of. It's like a virgin saying sex is overrated. If you're too afraid to group up, then frankly that's the choice you're making and you're missing out. This is a teamwork game. Our unit's recruitment spiked up tremendously recently with a lot of players eager to take the plunge and join our unit after having been solo like you for far too long.

I think you're in a minority if you believe that the future of MW:O was always going to be about the solo player.

#5 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:49 AM

CW (and this game in general) is all about teamwork and working together to win. This is for the units. CW was supppsed to be for the hardcore players, those willing to team up and work together for victory. If you are trying to solo you are trying to play it against how it was designed for. Our unit easily averages $300+ per person (some a lot more) put into this game solely for CW. Many other units are the same. CW is big boy territory - be ready to do everything possible to win via teamwork or you will have a bad experience. Don't worry, pgi will come in and tweak eventually to make it easier on solo players.

cw has been a Renaissance for our unit, and the same is said for other units. I for one am happy to see the change of the game to a more team based game and it will only keep going in that direction

#6 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:51 AM

View Postztac, on 14 December 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

You obviously once again don't give a damn about the solo players!

You're right, absolutely nothing over the last 2 years has been to accommodate solo players.
They didn't limit group size for 2 years
They didn't implement Elo
They didn't implement 170 different iterations of Matchmaking.
They haven't wildly balanced weapons around the opinion that "Team work is OP"
And they sure as hell didn't implement "4x3" which would only truly impact groups.

They just hate solo players.

#7 Markoxford

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

Well it's nothing like it should have been , smells of rush job all over and panders to pre-mades.

At first I thought it was not too bad , but after a few matches where pugs are yet again trounced by pre-mades see it is just a huge leap backwards and to be honest the game can simply not support this due to insufficient numbers of players. And If I were PGI I would not expect numbers to rise either as people that don't want TS and clan commitments won't come back to play this.

If this was the feature that was gong to define MW then it is most probably going to fail as there is no fun at all in having spawn campers and rushes with no real gameplay at all involved. You obviously once again don't give a damn about the solo players!

Not sure who you are playing with, but my last two CW games, as a solo pilot, have both been wins. On a defend we stood up and hammered a clan team, on an attack we organised 3 solid pushes and got the generator. PUGS can, and do win when we cooperate....

Overall, a very enjoyable game mode with lots of depth and tactical requirements - I echo the thanks to PGI.

#8 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

Since the holidays are coming up. We'll probably get a hot fix patch this coming week to make small changes to address certain things. After that we'll probably have to wait for the start of a new year to see more.

#9 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:46 PM

Its great to have a new game mode and even us 'PUGS' can communicate via in gm chat or small groups of friends on TS.
I love the mission feel and am sure it will all get smoothed out, its fun.
Thanks PGI

Edited by Bolter01, 14 December 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#10 JohnnyBlue07

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 66 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:28 PM

I agree with OP. PGI delivered their promises this year without much delay, and the customer service has been exponentially better since IGP's departure and recent firing of a certain dictator.

So thanks, PGI. Keep up the good work, and continue to listen, address, and resolve your customer base's concerns.

#11 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:48 PM

I get where you are coming from as a SOLO player. Frankly the rapid improvements and greater transparency has given me a great deal more patience than I have had in the past. I have had 8 Solo CW drops with mixed results. It was just the first week though and it is BETA. Give it some time. Heck, we have given PGI this much time, what is a little more? I am in over 600$ on this game at this point and I never normally pay full price for any game (Star Citizen CURSE you!) HOwever I love Team work and big stompy robots. Most games which are multiplayer favor heavily teams whom are on comms at the same time. Call of Duty may have been the only exception to this rule.

I'd love CW to keep expanding and tweaked. I would love at some point a Solo Campaign available for MC :-) .. Imagine MW:4 reimaged in the current Engine or even some of the classics.

I understand your QQ to an extent but I think the game is still moving forward ... even if it wasn't at the pace we all originally hoped for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users