Quick Lore Question...

7 replies to this topic

#1 Menetius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

Why don't the Clans drop in Broadsword Dropships instead of Leopards?

Didn't the clans stop using Leopards for clandestine operations around 2990?

I'm not complaining, I'm just curious... and I think I know the answer (one 3D render vs. two), but I have my fingers crossed for a different one.

#2 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:36 AM

Because PGI has only designed the Leopards so far.

Besides, it sounds like they look very much alike and are of similar size (despite one being twice as heavy). Though I would love the tears of those getting hammered by that thing when it drops off more defenders near the base.

Edited by Rouken, 14 December 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#3 Menetius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostRouken, on 14 December 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

Because PGI has only designed the Leopards so far.

Besides, it sounds like they look very much alike and are of similar size (despite one being twice as heavy). Though I would love the tears of those getting hammered by that thing when it drops off more defenders near the base.

The broadsword is only about 6% heavier, but it does carry significantly more firepower. So many more missiles...

#4 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:48 AM

View PostMenetius, on 14 December 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

The broadsword is only about 6% heavier, but it does carry significantly more firepower. So many more missiles...

Well the dropships we have now can only handle Lasers. So any missiles would be useless. Though I would enjoy different dropships for Clans and IS just to show the differences in technology.

#5 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostMenetius, on 14 December 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

Hmm, for some reason I could have sworn I read it was much heavier. Though now that I look at sarna it clearly is not.

Anyways, maybe one day.

#6 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:51 AM

I would love to drop in a Broadsword. The Broadsword is based on the Leopard, but is entirely a Clan-tech machine.

The Clans did use Leopard dropships for drops, though. I bet they probably swapped one of the fighter bays for a fifth 'mech bay to fit their Star formations.

#7 Menetius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:52 AM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 14 December 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

I would love to drop in a Broadsword. The Broadsword is based on the Leopard, but is entirely a Clan-tech machine.

The Clans did use Leopard dropships for drops, though. I bet they probably swapped one of the fighter bays for a fifth 'mech bay to fit their Star formations.

The Broadsword swaps both its fighter-bays for the fifth bay... which is a nightmare for technicians because it's located halfway inside the nose of the broadsword.

#8 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:01 PM

And the only way they could move parts to the nose bay was through a stair case and not an elevator :lol:

No wonder the Scientists were reaved later on!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users