I Do Hope River City Bases Are Relocated In Assault Queue.

Maps

2 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:26 AM

I never complained about maps until now, but playing Assault in River City thanks to the Christmas event kinda dampered my mood. I think the bases are set too close to each other and there is simply not enough coordination for an average pug team to do a successful push.

There is no brawling, only sniping and strikes, and very little maneuvering aside from Light Snipers. Both side turtle all the way until one side finally manages to gain enough numerical advantage.

Posted Image

Not my cup of tea. Perhaps the D2 base should be relocated to B2?

#2 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:23 AM

Due to the small size of the map it wouldnt matter where you put the bases (they used to be at the harbor/airport years ago- was no big difference gamewise). But im with you - Assault on RC is a pain^^

#3 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:30 AM

River City in Assault mode is probably the second worst map/mode combination in the game, with River City Night in Assault being worse. You either spawn on "Moron Side" or "Chicken S***" side. "Chicken S***" side spawns near the Citadel and camps it, because it's the best defensive terrain in the game. "Moron Side" spawns in the low urban area next to the docked cargo ship, and proceeds to launch a frontal attack against the best. defensive terrain. in. the. game.

And everyone plays it the same way every time. I have no idea why. It's boring and repetitive. Especially as the best move available is to move to upper city/the spaceport, cross over, and flank. Some snipers on the high ground, a few strikes, and a couple brawlers moving in under the sniper cover tends to wreck people. Hell, a 3 mech strike force with just 1 ECM carrier is enough to throw the entire enemy team into a disoriented tizzy. But no one wants to do it. The few times it has happened resulted in a stomp, because people are just so used to the normal "script" that the sudden change in tactics takes them totally off guard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users