18 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:49 PM

Lets deal with the Clan Ghostbear problem now and forever. I Herby proclaim the final solution to get rid of this honorless bunch of backstabbing scum.

Let the Trial of Annihilation begin.

#2 Scoutthomson

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 24 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

If the Devs don't introduce an Alliance system where players on both sides have a vote on alliance, then yes, I agree with you. Because from the knowledge I know, most noobs in CGB just attack fellow clanners at will, but my faith was restored today when I was defending ICAR from Steiners. What I seen was 7 CGB players defending us which was a true sight to behold.

So from my knowledge, there are some CGB players that aren't sheep, but if this continues to the point they are next to your Capital, then I say, In den Krieg!

Edited by Scoutthomson, 14 December 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#3 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:05 PM

So... just because merc star and random puggers not being aware of such alliances attacking stuff just straight up calls for annihilation. such logic.

Im suprised that smoke jags are not expanding into kurita territory. 228th kicking you guys down?

Edited by LastKhan, 14 December 2014 - 03:05 PM.

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 14 December 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

So... just because merc star and random puggers not being aware of such alliances attacking stuff just straight up calls for annihilation. such logic.

Im suprised that smoke jags are not expanding into kurita territory. 228th kicking you guys down?

Steel Jaguar is incredibly good. They're also small.

That's the thing. You have to be both good and big to really make headway.

#5 Amro One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:15 PM

Guys, it's okay, this trial of annihilation is their Beta Version.

#6 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

Indeed. Some rogue units and pugs do not really count for CGB as a whole, especially its bigger units.

I would rather save time & resources to get to Terra instead of trying to annihilate one of the most powerful Clans both in MWO and in the lore.. :rolleyes:

#7 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:33 PM

That said, imagine how much more progress we could be making if we just focused on the Sphereoid front. Groups dedicated to holding ground captured, groups dedicated to expanding the incursion. We could be like a vibroblade in room temperature butter, if only for some coordination. -_-

#8 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

Hurry before they extinct

Posted Image

#9 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

We've won nearly every CW match...and gotten no progress.

Not enough people.

#10 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:24 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 14 December 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

That said, imagine how much more progress we could be making if we just focused on the Sphereoid front. Groups dedicated to holding ground captured, groups dedicated to expanding the incursion. We could be like a vibroblade in room temperature butter, if only for some coordination. -_-

I'm sure the leaders of -MS- would be very willing to listen to any plans you may have. Id swing by there to open a dialogue.

Edited by Aodh, 14 December 2014 - 04:33 PM.

#11 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 14 December 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

We've won nearly every CW match...and gotten no progress.

Not enough people.

Then that answers my question and still surprises me.

#12 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

View PostAodh, on 14 December 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

I'm sure the leaders of -MS- would be very willing to listen to any plans you may have. Id swing by there to open a dialogue.

Not sure the Nova Cats are a big enough group to be a linchpin braintrust, and we certainly are not in a position to tell other Clans what to do. However, if people started talking with one another, across all the Clans, we could sort things out.

#13 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

Keep in mind that the majority of IS players really haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet. A lot of people are having technical difficulties or are waiting well over an hour in queue because they don't understand how the system works. A lot of people don't come to the forums.

Anyway my point is that once these players all rush in and start playing CW, the sheer numbers is going to work against us. For all the major wins we gain, we'll be losing more with bad pugs and default games. We're already seeing some of this. Imagine it magnified 10 fold.

Secondly, it's a heck of a lot easier to defend a smaller front than a larger one. That was the whole idea behind each Invasion corridor. Not only could each Clan maintain their sovereignity and personal goals so to speak, but it allowed each to bring overwhelming firepower to bear on it's targets and any planet they needed to defend. As the front widens, the effort to hold territory escalates. Working together, each Clan can minimize that and minimize wasted time and potential and cut a swath through the IS. Once Clan Steel Viper, Diamond Shark and the Nova Cats pop up, that'll get much easier as well. Keep in mind, that also means some of your existing territory will be automatically ceded over to them too.

Coordination on a massive scale is going to be key.

Edited by ShadowWolf Kell, 14 December 2014 - 07:51 PM.

#14 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:21 PM

View PostJack Corban, on 14 December 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

Lets deal with the Clan Ghostbear problem now and forever. I Herby proclaim the final solution to get rid of this honorless bunch of backstabbing scum.

Let the Trial of Annihilation begin.

its not ghost bear thats ****** you its mercstar look at the map we fight for who we want, this week its ghost bear next week who knows but beating around the dogs is getting boring you dont even put up a fight

View PostScoutthomson, on 14 December 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

If the Devs don't introduce an Alliance system where players on both sides have a vote on alliance, then yes, I agree with you. Because from the knowledge I know, most noobs in CGB just attack fellow clanners at will, but my faith was restored today when I was defending ICAR from Steiners. What I seen was 7 CGB players defending us which was a true sight to behold.

So from my knowledge, there are some CGB players that aren't sheep, but if this continues to the point they are next to your Capital, then I say, In den Krieg!

not sheep, Mercstar we do what we want and you don't have a chance

Edited by hybrid black, 14 December 2014 - 08:24 PM.

#15 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 14 December 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

We did that today.

All Mercstar did all day was attack IS planets and defend what we have taken.

#16 Linkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:01 AM

This is one soloer and smaller grouper who lurks about the forums a lot. I/we may not be joining a big group but will be paying attention to what the clan is trying to accomplish. The first night we played we fought wolf and jag I think, as well as FRR and Kutita once. Then I got on here and saw what we really should be attacking/defending- course corrected! Now if only everyone would, quiaff?

I will admit, there are issues, it is beta, but it is cool to see how the clans are starting to try and work things out. Let us take it to the barbarians :)

#17 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:50 AM

This seems like a hole in the system. If mercs want to they can just sow chaos by flipping every 7 days and instead of helping their faction attack their neighbors.

#18 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:56 AM

Am I the only one who sees the irony in Smoke Jaguar calling for a Trial of Annihilation?

#19 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:45 AM

View PostWalluh, on 15 December 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

Am I the only one who sees the irony in Smoke Jaguar calling for a Trial of Annihilation?

Might take a decade to sink in that one. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users