Black Widow Company Veteran Merc Corp: Leading The Way To Victory

17 replies to this topic

#1 LooseGoose7

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:24 PM

Black Widow Company- a gaming Company (not guild) - is recruiting. We are an international community, with a large player base in North America, the United Kingdom, and Europe, though you will find some of our members in the Middle East, Africa, and Australia as well.

We are a veteran-run, military-style, multi-game Company. You can expect a highly organized unit that provides training, teamwork, and a professional gaming attitude. Roughly half of our members are active-duty military, prior service, retired, and/or combat veterans. Note, a military background is *NOT* required. We are competitive, but we are not serious to the point of raging about it. We're in this game for competition and fun, not for role-play or e-peen wars. We don't care about your faction or other merc units; we care about having a good fight. Because we are competitive and organized, we do have minimum expectations for recruitment. See the TL/DR version immediately below.

BWC's Website: http://www.the-bwc.com

TL/DR VERSION:
Recruitment into BWC will require a small amount of commitment on the part of potential recruits:
1) Players must post a recruitment application on the BWC forums using the application template on the forums.
2) Players will be required to read and /sign the SOP (our charter), provided they wish to ]continue the recruitment process.
3) We require members to sign up on the BWC Operations Server and place their Fruit Salad signature banner in their forum profile (BWC forums only).
4) Playing whilst on Teamspeak3 is required.
5) Recruits will go through a two-week evaluation period where they are expected to be active, to play with the rest of us, and participate in a few events tailored to evaluation of new players.

If these basic tasks are beyond your comprehension, do not apply. We don't need you and we don't want you. We say this not to be elitist, but because you cannot put forth a minimum amount of expected effort to be more than a zergling recruit. Sorry, but that's how it goes - we require capable warriors. Not people who need their hand held. Don't get a case of mads - join, or not. Either way we'll still be fighting.

You can theoretically stop reading there if you hate reading walls of text. If you want to know more, keep reading.

EXTENDED CUT - ABOUT US:

BWC is an award-winning gaming company which has been around for ten years, mostly in first-person shooters and MMOs. In that time we have built a solid reputation in online gaming as a gaming Company that believes in integrity, fair play, and teamwork. We are active in multiple online games, most of them shooters. There is a dedicated chain of command, well over 300 active members, close to a thousand in our entire history across at least eight different official games, an established Battle Decorations program that allows members to earn awards, and a Standard Operating Procedure that serves as our charter and code of conduct. Members may enter as a recruit and remain at that rank if they wish, or they can "buck for promotion" - we have a rank system and promotion system that mimics the US Army's promotion points system. All of this is tracked via our forum and what we call the Operations Server or OpServ for short - where we plan out official operations in OPORDER format. Voice comms will be required; we use Teamspeak3 as our poison of choice.

Players who elect to sign on with BWC can expect to find their brothers-in-arms ready and willing to support them on the virtual battlefield. We practice teamwork, communication, and coordination. Our reputation as a military-style unit truly began in the world's first and only true MMO-FPS, Planeside. Ever since the closed-beta days we have applied lessons learned on the virtual battlefield as well as real-world battlefields from small unit tactics to combined arms assaults. We took those lessons a step further and are a renowned award-winning scenario paintball team up and down the east coast of the United States with a reputation for frontline grunts, hard-hitting spec-ops tactics, and a Never Quit attitude. Our professional reputation means that our service is highly sought-after by scenario woods ball generals at big-name big game scenarios. We apply this same mentality in every game that we play, without compromising our desire to have fun and blow stuff up. When you work with the BWC, even if you're not a member, you know you're getting a coordinated strike force that will not quit. And if you *are* a member, even if you're not the most skilled shooter you are a part of the team and help drive us to victory.

LINKS:

BWC's Website:http://www.the-bwc.com

You can check us out on Facebook:
Online Gaming: http://www.facebook....gid=35711118725
Scenario Paintball: https://www.facebook...ackwidowcompany

Mechwarrior: Living Legends Wiki: http://wiki.mechlivi...k_Widow_Company

Planetside Wiki: http://www.planetsid....php?odb_id=209
http://wiki.planetsi...k_Widow_Company

-Loosegoose7
BWC
Crimson Reavers

Edited by LooseGoose7, 14 December 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#2 Mr.Wrong

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 9 posts
  • Location@home

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:29 PM

Bump

#3 brenner1

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:30 PM

bump

#4 brenner1

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:01 PM

bump

#5 xJohnWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

3 12 mans going right now at the same time.

#6 Lawstar

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 60 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLumberton, Texas

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:53 PM

2 minute wins!!!!! 7 planets at this time..more to follow...

#7 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,615 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

CW is a lot of fun. Check out our Fan Page!

#8 AeusDeif

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

"Surrounded? They've got us right where we want them. We can fire in any direction now!"

BWC, expanding the interests of our employers and the expense of their enemies... no star too far, no rock too rough, no drop too tough

Edited by AeusDeif, 16 December 2014 - 05:26 PM.

#9 LooseGoose7

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

It's been a great start to CW fighting for for the Free Worlds League. We have taken control of 8 planets and have been fighting fierce battles on both the Steiner and Davion fronts. We anticipate taking more planets tomorrow to add the the additional one we took today. Come join us. Reap the C-Bills and find victory....always for the highest price.

#10 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:49 AM

As a Loyal Marik member, and tracking successes in Marik, I wanted to congratulate BWC's success in the expansion and defense of House Marik.

The check is in the mail, boys. You earned it. There is also a shipment of space bacon scheduled to arrive on the next jumpship arrival. That is your Christmas present from House Marik.

To anybody else interested in some good fun, check out the BWC. They have become a force to reckon with. Keep it up.

#11 AeusDeif

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:26 PM

I'm sorry, what was that, I was in a momentary trance induced by fresh space bacon

#12 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:59 AM

Are BWC a permanent Marik unit?

#13 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:08 AM

Having played with these guys during the first week when my unit was contracted to house marik, I can say they play as a team, they have skills and tactics and they have fun!

#14 MacLannan

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:15 PM

BWC is a mercenary unit. When our contract is up, we will entertain any and all reasonable offers.

Money makes the inner Sphere go round, after all.

#15 Sy Stirling

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:02 AM

Just curious... when you say "any" offers do you include clans? I'm only asking because I'm interesting in finding if there are any IS merc units that don't "sell out" to the Clans and stick to IS employers only. This is only for CW purposes.

I like piloting the occasional Clan mech in public matches. However both myself and quite a few friends of mine refuse to spend money (real or virtual) on enough Clan units to fight in CW. We like to try beating the Clanners with superior skills and tactics. (I do say "try"... doesn't always work but remarkably satisfying when it does!)

Edited by Sy Stirling, 09 February 2015 - 05:10 AM.

#16 traug

Rookie

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

How do you apply to the company?

#17 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,615 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:58 PM

View PostSy Stirling, on 09 February 2015 - 05:02 AM, said:

Just curious... when you say "any" offers do you include clans? I'm only asking because I'm interesting in finding if there are any IS merc units that don't "sell out" to the Clans and stick to IS employers only. This is only for CW purposes.

I like piloting the occasional Clan mech in public matches. However both myself and quite a few friends of mine refuse to spend money (real or virtual) on enough Clan units to fight in CW. We like to try beating the Clanners with superior skills and tactics. (I do say "try"... doesn't always work but remarkably satisfying when it does!)

We currently do go back and forth between the Clans and the Inner Sphere, so that we can use and remain current on both Clan and Inner Sphere tech bases. Specifics on our plans, tactical doctrine, and operations are of course restricted to current members. =)

View Posttraug, on 19 December 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

How do you apply to the company?

Go to www.the-bwc.com and click on the "Join BWC" tab below the banner.

#18 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,615 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:58 AM

You know what you are doing. Bump now for great justice!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users