How Is The Unit Crap This Terrible?

4 replies to this topic

#1 granpajo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:01 PM

I tried to start a unit for my friends and I. I get it all set up, and it creates the unit. NONE of my friends can join my unit because it says the unit contract is shorter than theirs. The eff? I just started this. How does a unit that was literally JUST created have a contract? I can only assume it goes off my unit contract when I made it, which still exists for the next 5 days unless I want to have everyone and myself break their contracts. On top of that, the UI is awful, and I can't disband my unit. The disband unit is greyed out. Its unclickable.

Do not have the unit inherit a contract. Do not limit joining based on contract time. That is stupid. Not only does it introduce a barrier to joining, it makes it 10x more confusing than it needs to be. Fix the UI, its terrible.

#2 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

View Postgranpajo, on 14 December 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:

I tried to start a unit for my friends and I. I get it all set up, and it creates the unit. NONE of my friends can join my unit because it says the unit contract is shorter than theirs. The eff? I just started this. How does a unit that was literally JUST created have a contract? I can only assume it goes off my unit contract when I made it, which still exists for the next 5 days unless I want to have everyone and myself break their contracts. On top of that, the UI is awful, and I can't disband my unit. The disband unit is greyed out. Its unclickable.

Do not have the unit inherit a contract. Do not limit joining based on contract time. That is stupid. Not only does it introduce a barrier to joining, it makes it 10x more confusing than it needs to be. Fix the UI, its terrible.

I think you answered your own question.

#3 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:05 PM

they need to fix that

#4 Tyrnea Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:45 PM

Any basic fix to that situation opens a workaround to the 2 day contract breaking cooldown.

And I suspect that's in place to prevent serial faction hopping to catch favorable conditions/planet statuses.

But yes the UI needs a greatly expanded set of tool tips if we are never getting a in game chat system where players can share info learned through the trial and error of using the CW UI.

#5 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:17 PM

It's only a beta. 60 to 90 days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users