4 replies to this topic

#1 TheDevilsIncarnate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationOutside Your House With A 'Mech

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

Come on guys, I want to see Liao wiped off the map yesterday! And take some more chunks from Kurita will yah? We got this!

#2 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

Now, if only we could get a team together to actually attack... It seems the clan territories have the most activity. The Davion/Steiner front is surprisingly active too, but only bad players seem to be going in for Davion. I've had 2 games in a row where half my teammates did under 500 damage with their 4 mechs.

Honestly, if you can't round up 800 damage by the end, you need to play more pug matches, get better mechs and modules. CW is hard mode. There is no ELO matching. You'll do much better and get more practice pugging.

#3 St0neFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, US

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 12 December 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

Honestly, if you can't round up 800 damage by the end, you need to play more pug matches

Serously? Well i'm a pug forever then :P

#4 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:13 PM

Now, if only we could get a team together to actually attack... It seems the clan territories have the most activity. The Davion/Steiner front is surprisingly active too, but only bad players seem to be going in for Davion. I've had 2 games in a row where half my teammates did under 500 damage with their 4 mechs.

Honestly, if you can't round up 800 damage by the end, you need to play more pug matches, get better mechs and modules. CW is hard mode. There is no ELO matching. You'll do much better and get more practice pugging.

High damage totals does not always equal the player with the most kills. I prefer precision fire if possible. Likewise, the team with the most kills will not necessarily win. Have you ever lost Conquest mode because the enemy has more points? Play to the objective. There is also a fine line between dealing damage and kill crazy. When half your team breaks formation to chase down a weaponless jenner it can blow a good lead.

I had the good fortune of piloting my gauss jager during a light mech rush into community warfare. I killed two jenners and a firestarter within a 30 second window. Only took one double shot hitting each. If I had only legged and not killed those mechs- that's only 90 damage and it still saves my team a LOT of trouble.

Likewise, if one of my teamates has LRMs and complains there are no targets I am fine with a friendly spotting. Will the spotter get a highdamage total? No, but it benefits the team.

Remember, play to win the objective not for personal glory if you want your team to win. Killing the enemy team is the long route to victory if you are on attack in community warfare. The guys I blew to bits had the right mechs but wrong tactic. Attacking the objective is a much faster way to win (but less rewarding). Watch out for turrets/dropships though, they pack a mean punch.

Edited by SilentScreamer, 16 December 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#5 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:23 AM

If you round up over 800 damage on offense you're not playing it right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users