196 replies to this topic

#181 Lucky Noob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 01 January 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

I've been playing IS exclusively since I started playing again.

You know what sucks. IS players.

Please dont take that serious, but i coudnt resist :D

#182 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

View PostBraddack, on 01 January 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

Please dont take that serious, but i coudnt resist :D

Seriously all of the QQing on here, there is no basis in reality.

I'm working up my third drop deck atm, and not only have I been doing better with my IS mechs, its more interesting. With clan you are spending half of a match in a scarycrow.....every match, the thing is just too good for its weight.

....and I haven't even gotten into the 55 ton mediums for IS, I was playing with new clan toys last time I was playing.

#183 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:06 AM

8 year olds dude!

http://www.bing.com/...electedIndex=12

#184 Whiteagle

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:36 PM

View PostXphR, on 01 January 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

The Warhawk Prime is a bolt casting Wizard of pure hate, the Adder his apprentice. These Mechs are both great at what they do. I little fire discipline goes a long way on Clan E-Mechs and E-Mechs in general.

Indeed, even the Nova, armed with a ridiculous number of ER Medium Lasers, can dish out a lot of pain if you know to chain fire primarily and save Alpha Strike groups for individual arms.
Chain fire makes them keep their heads down least you beam their armor off, and you've got a six Laser Alpha ready in case you really need to blast something off.

#185 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostWhiteagle, on 05 January 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

Indeed, even the Nova, armed with a ridiculous number of ER Medium Lasers, can dish out a lot of pain if you know to chain fire primarily and save Alpha Strike groups for individual arms.
Chain fire makes them keep their heads down least you beam their armor off, and you've got a six Laser Alpha ready in case you really need to blast something off.

Even better, if you use macros and the correct timing, you can turn those 12 ERMLs into 2 6-barrelled Gatling guns. :ph34r:

#186 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

View PostMystere, on 05 January 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

Even better, if you use macros and the correct timing, you can turn those 12 ERMLs into 2 6-barrelled Gatling guns. :ph34r:

Because three buttons is hard right?

#187 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 05 January 2015 - 07:09 PM, said:

Because three buttons is hard right?

Two Gatling guns look and sound cooler than anything you can do with just 3 buttons. :P

And I use a G13 on the left hand and a wireless(!) trackball(!!) on the right.

#188 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:16 AM

View PostWhiteagle, on 05 January 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

But...chainfiring is bad.

You want to avoid that until you're already hot. It spreads too much damage.

#189 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:29 AM

View PostKhobai, on 15 December 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

They should up the dropweight for IS to 250. But keep it at 240 for Clans.

Wow... a whole 10 tons! You are so generous Kho! No thanks. :rolleyes:

#190 Whiteagle

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 06 January 2015 - 05:16 AM, said:

But...chainfiring is bad.

You want to avoid that until you're already hot. It spreads too much damage.

Look, if it's between a constant stream of Laser trickling out damage or no damage at all, I'm going to go with the Trickling Stream.

#191 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:52 AM

Wow... a whole 10 tons! You are so generous Kho! No thanks.

the main reason was so founders could bring all four founders mechs like they wanted. they come in at 250 tons.

but its better to start small rather than start big and have it be too much. So I say start at +10 tons. Then increase it incrementally until IS starts winning about 45% of the time (5% margin is acceptable).

thats the easy way out... the harder way would be to you know actually balance the weapons.

Edited by Khobai, 06 January 2015 - 08:56 AM.

#192 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

View PostKhobai, on 06 January 2015 - 08:52 AM, said:

the main reason was so founders could bring all four founders mechs like they wanted. they come in at 250 tons.

but its better to start small rather than start big and have it be too much. So I say start at +10 tons. Then increase it incrementally until IS starts winning about 45% of the time (5% margin is acceptable).

thats the easy way out... the harder way would be to you know actually balance the weapons.

Fundamental issue is that when you say 'these mechs are superior, these other mechs are bigger/more numerous' you set a standard of progression. Higher skill = the better, more expensive mechs. Result is Joe plus a few hardcores and all the nubs are in IS mechs and experienced/vet players will be in Clan mechs. This, in turn, creates a greater disparity.

#193 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

Do you have numbers, i didn't see some.
If you think of border changes as meassure - nopp those say nothing about balance.
If you do use your own games as a metric, it will not help that much more.

And IS does not need more Tonnage over Clans - 1wave of lights and a follow up push by heavy/assault can do it. A 2 wave light rush can kill omega pretty much most time. Heck you can 3 wave light rush the **** out of omega and have a reasonable heavy in your 4th wave. If you by 3 waves didn't get omega with 12 man by the given design your group is bad. On Def it is okay what you left on the field in Boreal you gain on Sulfur.

And yes as the topic says: Is Attack Vs Clan Is Not Fun - Yes it isn't, cause you need only to the above and you will win a high percentage of your games. And this could get pretty boring by time for 12man groups doing the same again and again and again. - You only get those unboring Matches when you try to go for a skill based battle of attrition. Then everything is possible and in this case defenders are on the upper edge (this is the same for clans as for is).

Edited by Kuritaclan, 06 January 2015 - 06:51 PM.

#194 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:47 AM

Obviously the OP has never been on the receiving end of a swarm of IS ERPPCs. The IS guys would come in with at least 2 ERPPCs a piece, core out a mech before it can even spawn, and completely dominate the drop zone. Every mech that dies gets its replacement dropped within seconds. Not only is it not fun, it is completely broken.

#195 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:34 AM

View PostDiablobo, on 07 January 2015 - 12:47 AM, said:

Obviously the OP has never been on the receiving end of a swarm of IS ERPPCs. The IS guys would come in with at least 2 ERPPCs a piece, core out a mech before it can even spawn, and completely dominate the drop zone. Every mech that dies gets its replacement dropped within seconds. Not only is it not fun, it is completely broken.

ok and this would not work with Clan ERPPCs?
Didn't see your point here.
Focus fire kills - no matter if the guys using - AC 2s, machine guns or what ever - when multiple mechs fire at one target - the individuell OP or UP ness of a mech can be ignored.

#196 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:38 AM

Yeah but Elite Founders like you and I only have One Founder Mech...

Starting at +10 and moving up... I'd start at 260-280 and see how that goes. ;)

#197 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:46 AM

Can we not see that it is in fact Boreal (or Snowmaha Beach according to Seph MacLeod) that is broken? You don't see anyone b*tching about being pummeled by PPCs or Lasers at Sulphurous. Y? Because that map doesn't force you to eat a 600lb man's serving size of PPC/Gauss/LRM/LLs to kill the damn gate generators. Boreal is incredibly unfair to whoever is attacking regardless of Faction and needs some work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users