Cw Is Fun So Far, Despite It Being Beta

14 replies to this topic

#1 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:05 AM

So, it's a beta. There are bugs. Queue time can be pretty terrible.

That said, I'm still having a blast. My group has been having a blast. We've been getting decent wins on both attack AND defense...and we're not finding clans or zerg rushes 'ruining the game.'

Anybody else out there enjoying CW, while understanding it'll only get better?

Or are we alone in thinking what we have is fun despite the flaws so far?

Edited by Ghost Badger, 15 December 2014 - 09:06 AM.

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:17 AM

I'm loving it!

My unit is loving it too apparently as we're seeing our numbers swell again with old faces returning and new faces joining up! When you gotta look into upping your TS server capacity, that's a good thing

#3 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

I liked my first 2 games as they were close and both sides were virtually all PUGS , but then all my matches were verses 12 mans and we were simply walked over. At this point there was no fun and no hope or chance of a close match let alone winning. The worst thing is that PGI have made this possible despite all the mistakes of the past with match making.

For the solo guys I guess every 12 man pre-made match is going to be a point where they question whether MWO is worth playing anymore , or if they are a returning player like myself and CW was the Holy Grail of the game then they will be wondering if they really want to play something that is so biased towards a certain type of player.

Basically so far Clans seem to love it ((12-8 mans ) especially when they get a PUG), solo players like it until they get rofl stomped. No one likes the queues I guess.

In all essence close matches are fun , being slaughtered is no fun at all (unless you are the ones doing the slaughtering).

Hopefully they will integrate a solo queue system at some point like the non CW side of the game. Such a queue would be easy to implement and faster matches available for solo players if no specific planet was selected but planets were based on skill level or whatever elo system they use (as bad as it can be at times but it would still be better than the slaughter that happens as the game is).

#4 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:38 AM

View Postztac, on 15 December 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

For the solo guys I guess every 12 man pre-made match is going to be a point where they question whether MWO is worth playing anymore

Just curious, how does 1% of the entire player population affect thousands that much?

#5 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:43 AM

well every match I have played has had at least 10 solo players in it ..... so out of 24 players 10 are solo ..that's hardly 1% , and my first 2 matches were about 20 solo players. Only PGI know the exact figure for solo players , but I imagine the number will be going down as time progresses. So maybe you will get your 1% at some point!

#6 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

View Postztac, on 15 December 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

well every match I have played has had at least 10 solo players in it ..... so out of 24 players 10 are solo ..that's hardly 1% , and my first 2 matches were about 20 solo players. Only PGI know the exact figure for solo players , but I imagine the number will be going down as time progresses. So maybe you will get your 1% at some point!

No, 12mans are 1% of the population sir

and that IS the number from PGI. factually

#7 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

He's quoting a previous PGI statement.

#8 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

and wait, your first two matches were almost all exclusively solo players and your'e somehow complaining about 12mans????

#9 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:11 AM

To be honest, I love the pug vs. 12 man games. Seeing as you can actually win with strategy in this gametype, if you can get communicating across chat, it turns into a brilliant david vs. goliath situation.

#10 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostSerial Peacemaker, on 15 December 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

To be honest, I love the pug vs. 12 man games. Seeing as you can actually win with strategy in this gametype, if you can get communicating across chat, it turns into a brilliant david vs. goliath situation.

better comm tools would help A LOT though.

#11 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

Did you at least read this?

#12 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

Only major issue for me is the blind lobby bug. I really hope they prioritize fixing this issue as it should help reduce wait times. I know as a solo dropper I would much rather queue into a match that needs 2-3 then 9-10 people.

#13 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostSerial Peacemaker, on 15 December 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

In one of the solo matches I dropped into, it was all pugs, and one guy (not me) took charge and directed flow. He got all into it, even saying "Show 'em what a pug can do!" We won that, IS vs. Clan on attacking Boreal. :) On the third wave...after getting serious payday damage.

#14 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:31 AM

CW makes me love MWO again.

Which is sad, cause I was just getting back into Kerbal Space Program...

#15 Phyrefli

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:32 AM

Really enjoying it, it's the closest thing to NBT-style planetary leagues I've played since MW4. Even made me start looking at clans to join.

Yes there are only 2 maps, yes there's one game mode, and yes it's going to get boring fairly quickly. But hopefully this is the very thin edge of a very large wedge. More maps, more game modes, perhaps a more comprehensive attack/defend system, maybe a limited resource system to help promote different mech usage, an improved MM and other goodies can make CW the missing link in MWO that's always been needed.

So yeah, hopefully this is the start of something great.

EDIT: Written as a solo pugger as well ;)

Edited by Phyrefli, 15 December 2014 - 10:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users