Focus On Gameplay, Not Balance

No replies to this topic

#1 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:22 PM

Just a suggestion as we get things started with CW. Most posts seem to be about this or that tactic being overpowered without focusing on the real issue, which is whether or not that's the game we want to play. The light rush, for example, is effective but I doubt many people really want to do nothing but zerg the cannon every time they play.

So let's try to focus on things that don't necessarily nerf a tactic, but rather make the tactics we want to have (big giant robots shooting the everloving **** out of each other) viable. Attack VS defense can be easily balanced by changing number of turrets or cannon health.

Toward that end, here's what I see now:

-Gates seem kinda silly. Every game I've played so far would have been no different if we'd started with both gates down and 25 minutes on the timer, since nobody died (on either side) while bringing them down. I would suggest making some more generators for the cannon on the inside of the base instead, on the front so they are easier to blow up than the cannon itself.

-Attackers want to just run past the defenders since killing the defenders simply brings them right at the objective with a fresh 'mech. I suggest increasing the respawn time to a minimum of 30 seconds (maybe even 60) so that if your group successfully wipes out half the enemy team, they have a little time to close in on the cannon before reinforcements arrive. After all, this is Mechwarrior, not Mech VS Stationary Target-warrior.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users