11 replies to this topic

#1 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

I think the timers of CW are a little messed up. I seen a 17 hours of war time with a 30m cease fire then a 6 hr period of war. WTF?!?!?!?!

First off this model makes no sense. Second what it does is screw over someone somewhere in the world.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have four, 5h,30m periods of warfare and a 30 minutes of cease fire.

It would also standardize the times of war so that you can know weather you can participate in CW or would have to wait before you even log into the game.

It would also give everyone in the world a chance to affect CW. My unit's EU division had kept a planet at 11 for hours but after they when to sleep the NA OPFoR players were able to flip the planet and my unit lost the planet. It pissed off our EU members who worked so hard but since the planet ownership doesn't change until the ceasefire and it seems that they will never be online when that happens.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Mao of DC, 15 December 2014 - 08:02 PM.

#2 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:02 PM

Those cease fire phases are there so the system can swap planet controls, and allow any currently running games to finish.

#3 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

There is only one cease fire that currently takes effect and makes changes, around 8:20-9pm PST

Essentially the war phase is one long 23.5 hour phase currently. I agree it needs to be looked at.

#4 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:34 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 15 December 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

There is only one cease fire that currently takes effect and makes changes, around 8:20-9pm PST

Essentially the war phase is one long 23.5 hour phase currently. I agree it needs to be looked at.

Sadly that is not how CW has been working. If it was just one it would make more sense than what it is now.

I've been on vacation so I have been playing a lot of CW since it went live. The length of time for warfare is most certainly not 23.5 hours. On day 3 as I was going to bed after a ceasefire had ended I noticed that clock said 16+ hours left. The next day the cease fire started right on time not long after I started playing the next day. Then after the 30 minutes was up the timer reset to 6 hours. I played through all six of those hours after the Cease Fire the clock was set to 17 hours.

#5 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

I can assure you only one Ceasefire is real. The borders only reset once a day currently. Other ceasefires appear but they do nothing in regards to changing the borders of the map.

#6 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:59 PM

Theres only 1, the 5 or 6 hour one is a bug and will be fixed. Having only 1 is beyond ******** though if you live in a timezone that is not 5-1 hours before planets shift.

#7 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

Well once a day is still crap then.

#8 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

View PostMao of DC, on 15 December 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

Well once a day is still crap then.

That's what I was saying. : )

#9 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

Same post as in the other Thread concerning this:

The way it is, it´s unbearable.

24 hour period is a nice thing.
The deadline is fine as well.

Those allow PGI to be present at that time - in case anything goes wrong.
Also this allows for the map to change gradually - I look at the map everyday, wouldn´t want to see faster or slower changes. This pace feels just right.

Problem is the hardcap of 11.
Allow all of us to matter - make the cap a counter.

Win: 2 Points (keep Counterattack... else Defenders or Attackers might get an advantage)
Free Win: 1 Point (In order to lessen impact of free wins)
Tie: 1 Point each (currently not possible, but I hope for other maps and more gamemodes)
Whoever is having more points at the Deadline gets the Planet. In case of a tie Defender keeps it.

Edited by Ductus Hase, 16 December 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#10 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:59 AM

There is no pea**, only ceasefire's.

#11 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:25 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 16 December 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

There is no pea**, only ceasefire's.

I know but I wanted a title based off the book.

#12 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:43 AM

So I did some more thinking on this problem I think there needs to be 2 ceasefires a day that update the map. One at 07:00 GMT(02:00 EST) and one at 19:00 GMT(17:00 EST). This will ensure that most of the players around the world have a chance to really affect change on the CW map during "primetime".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users