Extend Current Challenge

37 replies to this topic

Poll: Entend CW Challenge (169 member(s) have cast votes)

Should PGI extend this weekends CW challenge?

1. Yes (139 votes [82.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.25%

2. No (30 votes [17.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Creeping Deth

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

PGI please extend this weekends challenge.

I don't know how many people are having the same experience with this community challenge as I am, but 3 things are making this challenge a bad experience.

1. Wait times of 15-60 minutes to get a game. (Leaves little actual game play time per day)

2. Games with no enemy team to fight. (These games give a max of 10-12 points towards the 80 points you need per game)

3. Defending the base with a team that doesn't know how to stop the new "rush" tactic. (Also making it hard to meet the 80 point requirement)

All the factors above make it impossible to meet the 80 point requirement per game to get the 1 point towards the challenge. Making this challenge very frustrating.

Anyone else having similar experiences?

Thanks <S>

#2 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:43 PM

I completed the challenge on Saturday, dropping mostly solo, but I agree that the Challenge was pretty difficult to accomplish unless you were successful on the defense.

#3 Shaka808

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHonolulu

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:54 PM

I only voted yes because im sitting at 19 and my internet is crapped out now :(

#4 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

The whole light rush thing is just ruining CW in general its a boring strategy to win with and even more tedious stratgey to fight against. Seriously PGI just threw out CW the window without a remote thought of initial balancing. I mean how hard was this to see coming when people use to do it normal matches until they changed the rules.

#5 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

I've seen 'rush' tactic attacks that literally NO ONE on either team managed to get 80 points.

And let's also add the issue of wait 20-30 minutes to get a Counter Attack with no defender. So you just wasted another 10 minutes on top. This challenge required a minimum of 20 wins to get top tier. There were not enough waking hours in the weekend to account for any losses - especially for people who worked.

#6 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

they kind of owe us for the long queue times

#7 Igorius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationA place beyond your dreams

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:26 PM

I know it won't happen, but it'd be nice if they did. I'm so close to getting finished with it, but my eyes are about to start bleeding. :wacko:

#8 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:32 PM

I really wish they would make all challenges a week long event.

#9 SmilingElf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:51 AM

Between life and queue times, getting the last tier on this one just isn't happening without the extension.

Having waited longer than an hour per drop at time, and provided feedback on some of the more brutal issues discovered, I think we, the community, have certainly provided enough test data. I'm just not sure if that translates to "Thanks for playing! Event Accomplished!" or a bit of generosity and an extension...

Now, sleep...

#10 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:06 AM

It was easier to get for those who played lots of games the first two days, seeing all that light rushing that is going on now its gonna take lots of hours in the game to get points.

#11 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:11 AM

With my limited free time and the long wait times I have been struggling to get matches.

Please extend.

#12 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:23 AM

If you are worried about the Light rush ... maybe you should add a Light hunting Medium or two into your drop deck?

#13 zeves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:06 AM

i also completed the challenge on saturday, but i can see how if u picked the wrong faction could be difficult to impossible, especially if you dont know about the forum topic or irc channel.

#14 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:15 AM

View PostZolaz, on 16 December 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

If you are worried about the Light rush ... maybe you should add a Light hunting Medium or two into your drop deck?

Or a few snipers that can shoot straight, seriously I can take down a few lights with what was originally a joke build Cicada 3C, it's not hard at all to do it with something a bit heavier.

#15 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:18 AM

I would highly recommend logging into this MIRC-like chat channel during every CW drop. I've found my average wait time to get into a CW drop is around the 5 to 10 minute mark as a result:

http://webchat.freen...els=mechwarrior

#16 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:43 AM

The big issue with the challenge is that the most effective way for the attackers to win (rush the generator) doesn't give enough points. I won't say the only way to win, but it is really effective and really hard to stop. It almost comes down to a choice between playing for the challenge or playing to win the match. For the attackers it's not always the same thing.

#17 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:21 AM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 16 December 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

The big issue with the challenge is that the most effective way for the attackers to win (rush the generator) doesn't give enough points. I won't say the only way to win, but it is really effective and really hard to stop. It almost comes down to a choice between playing for the challenge or playing to win the match. For the attackers it's not always the same thing.

That is especially relevent since those who care more about the territory than the event mean there was conflicting goals that were almost mutually exclusive - because to get the win (and also Loyalty points, really), you need the victory, not to stand around pew pewing. Why should a 12 man who all got their 20 by Saturday night care about getting 80? They just want to take X planet for Clan or House Y.

#18 JeremiahRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:49 AM

I can't imagine why someone would vote 'no' to this unless they already completed the challenge and are generally spiteful.

#19 cacti46

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:19 AM

I voted yes mainly because the challenge gives players a real incentive to actually play CW. yes there are other incentives but they are minor in comparison.

#20 Creeping Deth

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:45 AM

Some good responses to this thread already. List your experiences to help the cause. Hopefully PGI will see this and take the situation in hand. Thanks all. <S>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users