Who Else Brought Mechs Outta Mothballs For Dropdeck?

37 replies to this topic

#1 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

I dunno about anyone else, but for my drop deck i wanted to make sure to include my new crab. Problem was finding 3 other mechs to balance out the tonnage that i could use comfortably.....

i ended up going with my
crab
Dragon
Spider
Black jack

i havnt used the spider for about a year now, and i havnt use the blackjack since the first week they came out and i mastered them. But i realized something...

They are pretty Frigging fun lol. I was thinking of switching up my drop deck but i am having a hard time bringing myself to do it as this one has been so damn effective

#2 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:48 PM

I'm back in a spider and a dragon too. I haven't driven either for a year, maybe more. I bought and am (painfully) learning Blackjacks with the pile of space ducats I got from this new challenge (9 million cbills? Plus I've picked up a couple of million from plowing through faction rankings).

CW helped created role warfare. Ironic isn't it?

#3 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

my dragon (2 ac/5 version) has been my highest performer by far.

the blackjack i went with 1 ac/20 2 medium laser build, seems to be the best for popping the remaining armor off enemies that have been softened up alittle, or taking the legs off the heavier enemies to help prevent zergs.

im gonna have to shuffle my deck soon though just to try something differnt

#4 Lucky Noob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:43 PM

need to kill fast ?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...20a44502105c58e

i realy love him now :)

#5 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

yea that thing was an evil bugger while i was leveling the BJ's up. Heat issues but on an ice map it was just evil.

#6 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:00 PM

I'm giving the Trebuchet a second look.

fast moving missile boat. 15 tons lighter than a catapult, good for killing turrets and gate generators

#7 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

Tbolts after the buff have become my go-to Heavy Mechs. The 9S ERPPC sniper and the 5SS mpl-vomit have proven themselves deadly against many a foe.

#8 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:18 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 15 December 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

Tbolts after the buff have become my go-to Heavy Mechs. The 9S ERPPC sniper and the 5SS mpl-vomit have proven themselves deadly against many a foe.

Ditto on that.

Thuds have been pulling some weight.

#9 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:23 PM

I used my stormcrow....I don't like stormcrows very much. I hate mediums, I feel like I am stuck in this void between heavy firepower and armor, and a light mech's speed.

#10 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:41 PM

I've brought my old cataphracts out. I may chance bringing a quickdraw into the fray if I roll with some other lighter mechs.

#11 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, I too found that the necessary combination of long range, stealth and speed required something different to my usual set of Mechs.

I had to rebuild 4 of my mothballed ones specifically for the CW meta:
Battlemaster 1D
Spider 5K
Cicada 3M
Firestarter 9S

I'm thinking of replacing the Cicada with a Streak Boat to deal with Lights doing Zerg Rushes. Quickdraw would probably fit that bill.

On the Clan side: Timbies and Crows. No need to look further than that.

Edited by Appogee, 15 December 2014 - 09:46 PM.

#12 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:42 AM

I de-mothballed and overhauled the K2. Took out the XL260 and AC/10s, replaced them with ERPPCs and a STD 275.

While my Blackjacks never fell out of use, the BJ-1DC did require a reversion from the AC/2 build I had going to the old, reliable 2x ERLL + 4x ML build.

#13 Tarmok II

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 118 posts
  • LocationTerra, Germany, Sachsen, Vogtland

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:43 AM

K-crab
HBK 4h
HBK 4g
RVn 3L

#14 The Cheese

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:45 AM

Yep. Haven't used my Misery since ghost heat became a thing.

#15 Kanatta Jing

• 1,178 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:05 AM

My Catapult C1 hasn't seen daylight in a long time and now it is a regular feature.

#16 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:55 AM

View PostBrody319, on 15 December 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:

I used my stormcrow....I don't like stormcrows very much. I hate mediums, I feel like I am stuck in this void between heavy firepower and armor, and a light mech's speed.

Bring it. Everyone else is. There's a reason behind it lol

#17 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:09 AM

Didnt own any of the currently good IS mechs in non assault weight classes, so now frantically leveling Thuds and BJs (GF is helping with that >_>). Not super impressed with blackjacks, planning on getting dragons, vindicators (maybe, to replace BJ) hunchbacks, wolverines and firestarters to round out options. Need 2 decks set up and ready to go, or at least 1.5 since you do want different mechs when defending compared to attacking.. there can be some overlap though... might get stalkers too since 85 tons is a bit easier to fit than 95/100

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 16 December 2014 - 02:10 AM.

#18 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:09 AM

My Catapult K2 "Nightwraith" has finally seen the light again. The recent PPC buffs really helped her.

My Dragon 1N "Anima Noir" also see's action too.

#19 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:43 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 16 December 2014 - 02:09 AM, said:

Didnt own any of the currently good IS mechs in non assault weight classes, so now frantically leveling Thuds and BJs (GF is helping with that >_>). Not super impressed with blackjacks, planning on getting dragons, vindicators (maybe, to replace BJ) hunchbacks, wolverines and firestarters to round out options. Need 2 decks set up and ready to go, or at least 1.5 since you do want different mechs when defending compared to attacking.. there can be some overlap though... might get stalkers too since 85 tons is a bit easier to fit than 95/100

Only Blackjack really worth keeping for CW is the BJ-1X. It's one of the few IS Mediums that can move at 105+ without an XL and still pack a huge punch with good cooling efficiency and max armor and, as such, it's a great base defender. The other variants don't do anything noteworthy in CW that you can't do with other chassis that offer more options, but they also aren't bad. Twin ERLL on any Blackjack turns it into a versatile 'Mech useful in both attack and defense, but it also prevents it from being great at brawling or other close engagements because your cooling will be average at best. Running an Arrow, BJ-1DC, or BJ-1 is great for base defense, but not as great as the BJ-1X owing to slower running speed. BJ-3 with PPCs is okay, but I feel that ERPPCs are a must in CW if you are running PPCs at all and cooling that on a Blackjack without an XL is difficult.

#20 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:55 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 16 December 2014 - 02:43 AM, said:

Only Blackjack really worth keeping for CW is the BJ-1X. It's one of the few IS Mediums that can move at 105+ without an XL and still pack a huge punch with good cooling efficiency and max armor and, as such, it's a great base defender. The other variants don't do anything noteworthy in CW that you can't do with other chassis that offer more options, but they also aren't bad. Twin ERLL on any Blackjack turns it into a versatile 'Mech useful in both attack and defense, but it also prevents it from being great at brawling or other close engagements because your cooling will be average at best. Running an Arrow, BJ-1DC, or BJ-1 is great for base defense, but not as great as the BJ-1X owing to slower running speed. BJ-3 with PPCs is okay, but I feel that ERPPCs are a must in CW if you are running PPCs at all and cooling that on a Blackjack without an XL is difficult.

Yeah, and if im bringing a PPC sniper its called the Thunderbolt 9S, because nothing else compares lol..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users