2 replies to this topic

#1 Tristan Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:00 PM

Can someone please explain the bit about 11 victories for me? It looks like the status of each planet is reflected in the last 11 matches. So if you played 100 matches on Somerset, lost the first 89 and then won the 11 last matches before the attack phase ends, then you won the planet. Is that really how it works?

Why the number 11? Was PGI afraid there wouldn't be more than 11 matches played for the different worlds in a 24 hour cycle? Shouldn't the number be more like 101? Or did I misunderstand the whole system completely?

An explanation would be most appreciated. Or just a quick link to a post that explains it all.

#2 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:29 AM

Each planet has 11 "zones" represented by those boxes when you view the planet. The attackers must have 6 of those when the cease fire starts to win the planet. When the teams are matched and the countdown starts it will indicate to you with a shield or sword icon on which zone you are attacking or defending.

Edited by Rouken, 20 December 2014 - 06:30 AM.

#3 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:41 AM

View PostRouken, on 20 December 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

Each planet has 11 "zones" represented by those boxes when you view the planet. The attackers must have 6 of those when the cease fire starts to win the planet. When the teams are matched and the countdown starts it will indicate to you with a shield or sword icon on which zone you are attacking or defending.

Alright, cool, thanks for the explanation. Now I understand that part. But... basically, this means that if, say, Clan Wolf has taken 11 zones on House Steiner's Planet X and held them during the entire attack phase, House Steiner just needs to take back 6 zones right before the attack phase ends. Right? If there were 101 zones, it would be impossible to just do a quick raid before the attack phase ends.

I guess 11 boxes looks better in the UI, but it means CW doesn't necessarily reflect what the actual result of the battles have been. Clan Wolf could have been mauling House Steiner all day, and then House Steiner makes a slight comeback and wins the round.

It's like doing a boxing match, but only scoring the result of each round based on what happened in the last 10 seconds of each 2 minute round. So basically, it doesn't matter who took a beating for most of the fight, all that matters is who landed most punches during the last 10 seconds of each round. Seems ludicrous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users