34 replies to this topic

#21 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostBrody319, on 16 December 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

Shred your team while they are trying to leg another mech?
I don't care if I have to stumble forward at 40kph, I'll keep shredding the enemy as long as I have weapons.

Right attitude! See you on the battlefield!

#22 Asmudius Heng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostBrody319, on 16 December 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

Shred your team while they are trying to leg another mech?
I don't care if I have to stumble forward at 40kph, I'll keep shredding the enemy as long as I have weapons.

Oh that reminds me, once we finish off your mates who get through we will come back and disarm you forcing you to eject and wasting more of your teams time that you could be respawning to rejoin the Zerg ^_^

#23 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

View PostAsmudius Heng, on 16 December 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

Oh that reminds me, once we finish off your mates who get through we will come back and disarm you forcing you to eject and wasting more of your teams time that you could be respawning to rejoin the Zerg ^_^

Seen a few think the same thing until they came back nearly cored and I took down 2 of them before they finished me off.

#24 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:17 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 16 December 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

I know it can work.

I'm just saying that LRM's are, it seems, "less than ideal" for defending against the zerg rush. For various reasons (LOS, target lock, ECM, damage spread, missiles blocked by terrain, etc.)

Idk, I've found lrms to be the best for exploiting open side torsos and stripped legs. Attrition and speed tend to pull the enemy apart during the rush and that opens up plenty of holes in ecm/ams. As for LOS and missiles blocked by terrain, that's like saying AC5s suck because you have to aim them. A good lrm boat isn't gonna waste too many on bad shots.

#25 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostAsmudius Heng, on 16 December 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

I'll take you down with me. If the game would let me I would use my Ejected body as a weapon if I could!

#26 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostBrody319, on 16 December 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

I'll take you down with me. If the game would let me I would use my Ejected body as a weapon if I could!

That would be great.
As long as I could buy a windshield wiper consumable

Or better yet, paradrop a bum with windex and a dirty old rag down to wipe them clean of your bodily fluids! lol

#27 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:55 PM

View PostBrody319, on 16 December 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

Yes your squished body might gum up my mechs toes a bit as i step on you ^_^

#28 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,973 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

I just want to know how many time the OP won against the Clans

#29 Creag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 419 posts
  • Locationadelaide Australia

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

This type of game where you leg a mech or turn them to a walking stick is good because it reduces their players from coming back in a new mech.

#30 Killstorm999999

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:39 AM

Although I appreciate the advice, the truth is that 'beat the zerg rush' is not the game I want to play.

I am not going to 'learn2play' a game I have no interest in. I am going to make suggestions to remove what I view as a boring tactic. It only works because the game stops once the generator is destroyed. There are no consequences for death, no consequence for putting yourself in this stupid position surrounded by defending mechs and turrets.

#31 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:10 AM

4-5 Streaktaro's will shut down a 12 man rush hilariously fast.

#32 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

View PostDeltron Zero, on 17 December 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

Although I appreciate the advice, the truth is that 'beat the zerg rush' is not the game I want to play.

I am not going to 'learn2play' a game I have no interest in. I am going to make suggestions to remove what I view as a boring tactic. It only works because the game stops once the generator is destroyed. There are no consequences for death, no consequence for putting yourself in this stupid position surrounded by defending mechs and turrets.

Hey Deltron, I can agree with your view here. I'm bored with CW and the zerg rush tactic, but I hate losing to it too. Since the new patch changes maybe things will improve. Anyway as the game evolves hopefully it will be more fun and tactical. I'd personally like to see CW fights on some of the old maps like Alpine Peaks, Canyon, and Vridian Bog, with different objectives like base capture or resource capture. Shouldn't be too hard to implement. Just for some variety quickly.

#33 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:58 AM

View PostDeltron Zero, on 17 December 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

Truth is, it's not the game you're playing. You're playing MWO:CW. If you shut down a strategy like that it becomes far less common. This isn't a game balance issue really. it's a convenience issue. It's convenient for solos and uncoordinated pugs to use the deathball equivalent.

If it were as common as you're suggesting and the only tactic viable or used, we wouldn't have "attackers can't win" threads.

#34 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:36 AM

View PostSandpit, on 18 December 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

Truth is, it's not the game you're playing. You're playing MWO:CW. If you shut down a strategy like that it becomes far less common. This isn't a game balance issue really. it's a convenience issue. It's convenient for solos and uncoordinated pugs to use the deathball equivalent.

If it were as common as you're suggesting and the only tactic viable or used, we wouldn't have "attackers can't win" threads.

The problem is, pugs don't really have the ability to plan out drop decks and coordinate with voice coms like a 12-man does. Any group of PUGs and <6 man groups will be at a distinct disadvantage for that. The only strategy a PUG can reasonably do is death ball to a gate and push through with sheer numbers and hope a few make it to Omega. Maybe a couple of PUG lights will make it through in the swirling melee.

I'll tell you from my experience in CW doing solo... its abysmal.

So far I've only faced 12 man clan units and I've only gotten counter-attack missions. Not one was on defense and most of them have been on Boreal Vault. The clans sit at the top of the hill behind the gate with LRMboating TBRs and the Gauss sniping DWF and core anybody trying to open gates. But gates usually get open regardless and then the other 8 mechs, usually SCRs with a few HBRs screening with ECM.

12-man clans defending against a group of random solos is almost always going to win. And this has been my entire solo experience in CW.

Prior to drop I try to find out which solos have light mechs (hell any will do) and if they'd try a rush. I usually get nonsense chatter back or they'll say they're into it but drop in a LRM AS7-D or something totally against what they said they'd do and it becomes a loss before the first mech hits the ground.

#35 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:07 AM

View PostApnu, on 18 December 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

The problem is, pugs don't really have the ability to plan out drop decks and coordinate with voice coms like a 12-man does. Any group of PUGs and <6 man groups will be at a distinct disadvantage for that. The only strategy a PUG can reasonably do is death ball to a gate and push through with sheer numbers and hope a few make it to Omega. Maybe a couple of PUG lights will make it through in the swirling melee.

Agreed here, lobbies pre-drop would go a long ways to helping this situation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users