Question

13 replies to this topic

#1 NecessaryWeevil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:03 PM

Hi,

It's my understanding that if I pledge to a faction then when doing community warfare I can only drop in mechs canonically associated with that faction. Where can I find an official list? I intend to be FRR.

Thanks!

#2 Malk2651

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 195 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

You will be able to drop in Innersphere mechs. Clan mechs won't be usable.

#3 NecessaryWeevil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:11 PM

Ah. So, just to be clear, ANY Innersphere Mech in my mechbay or on trial?

#4 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

Yes.

If you are in an IS faction, you can drop in CW with ANY IS mech.

Same goes for clan. If you are in a clan faction, you can drop in ANY clan mech.

#5 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

Remember, your drop deck has a max of 240 tons. See you in game! =]

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostNecessaryWeevil, on 18 December 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

Hi,

It's my understanding that if I pledge to a faction then when doing community warfare I can only drop in mechs canonically associated with that faction. Where can I find an official list? I intend to be FRR.

Thanks!

At this moment, you can be any mech within an IS faction as an IS faction, Clan with Clan.

Beyond that at this moment, there are no other limits.

From what I understand, at some point what faction you are with will affect your buying power (mechs in favor of your faction will be cheaper, mechs not associated with your faction will be more expensive -- unless your faction owns their factories for it, etc).

FRR in general used lots of different kinds, but couldn't manufacture much on their own (part of the reason they fell so far to the Ghost Bear).

A quick reference: Look at the letters used for the mechs.

Example, Raven 3L.
Raven, 3rd Generation, Liao.

AS7-D
Atlas, 7th Generation, Davion.

There are exceptions to this, of course, but it does help a lot. Note that X is Experimental.

For fun, here are two Locust 1V against an 8th generation AS8-D. Note the Atlas is piloted by a novice. (Megamek; computer-based Battletech tabletop.)
Spoiler

Read carefully through Rounds 6 through 8 for great justice!

Edited by Koniving, 18 December 2014 - 02:42 PM.

#7 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 566 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

Answered above, but if you want to RP being FRR, then you can get a list of mechs available in canon at: http://www.scribd.co...ity-Tables-7-95

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:48 PM

This can help too.
You only need to know the Faction's true name (not the house name). Example House Liao is actually Capellan Confederation, so under C you'll find Capellan Confederation Battlemechs.

#9 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:14 PM

You mentioned CW, but just to be as clear as possible your CW affiliation will have no effect on what mechs may be used for the solo and group queues.

#10 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:49 PM

Even though most factions have certain mechs that originate in that faction, in the lore pretty much every IS mech is available to every faction. Mechs themselves are centuries old and are often traded, sold, bought, salvaged, etc such that all IS houses can field all IS mech variants.

If we ever get logisitics added to CW, it could come to pass that mechs that belong to certain houses could see discounts, bonuses, etc, but the only distinction currently in CW is IS houses use IS mechs and Clans use clan mechs.

#11 Shaemus Shadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:28 AM

I have a Commando, Shadow Hawk and a Spider-5D. None of them are on the Federated Suns mech list. *Sniffle* I wanna be true to my faction but...

#12 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 566 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

Shaemus, in the PDF I linked to above, all three of those are in the FedRats' tables for 3039 and 3050. Use them in good health.

Some mechs don't appear on the Sarna faction links because they are available to all houses (see Innersphere General Mechs for those).

Edited by Ertur, 19 December 2014 - 05:36 PM.

#13 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:08 PM

View PostKoniving, on 18 December 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

At this moment, you can be any mech within an IS faction as an IS faction, Clan with Clan.

Beyond that at this moment, there are no other limits.

From what I understand, at some point what faction you are with will affect your buying power (mechs in favor of your faction will be cheaper, mechs not associated with your faction will be more expensive -- unless your faction owns their factories for it, etc).

FRR in general used lots of different kinds, but couldn't manufacture much on their own (part of the reason they fell so far to the Ghost Bear).

A quick reference: Look at the letters used for the mechs.

Example, Raven 3L.
Raven, 3rd Generation, Liao.

AS7-D
Atlas, 7th Generation, Davion.

There are exceptions to this, of course, but it does help a lot. Note that X is Experimental.

For fun, here are two Locust 1V against an 8th generation AS8-D. Note the Atlas is piloted by a novice. (Megamek; computer-based Battletech tabletop.)
Spoiler

Read carefully through Rounds 6 through 8 for great justice!

Like Kon says, for the MOST part this is true (it really became the standard designation format for 3050 tech designs and beyond), but some of the confusing exceptions (for example), are things like the LCT-1M Locust (where the "M" stands for "Missile" rather than "Marik"), the CN9-AL and CN9-AH (CN9-A with "Laser" or "Heavy AC" respectively).

Point of fact, with 3025 and earlier designs, the letter designation is rarely strictly associated with a House (except in the case of House specific modifications to 3025 designs, like the SDR-5D for Davion, and the SDR-5K for Kurita), and more often associated with the load-out, company that designed it, or person who piloted it.

#14 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:35 PM

View PostShaemus Shadow, on 19 December 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

I have a Commando, Shadow Hawk and a Spider-5D. None of them are on the Federated Suns mech list. *Sniffle* I wanna be true to my faction but...

You, Sir, are in luck.

The Commando and COM variants are iconic Steiner Light mechs, and at this point in the lore, the armies of Steiner and Davion are merged as the "Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth". Many Steiner and Davion mechs are found across both factions in great numbers at this point. The Death's Knell is the personal ride of Bono Duganmare, a commander in House Steiner's Skye Rangers.

As for the Shadow Hawk, every design available in MWO can be found in Davion/Steiner (Fed-Com) units at this time, except for the 2K (a Kurita design). The 2H is common in all House armies, and the 2D and 2D2 are unique Davion designs. The 5M becomes available through a Marik/Fed-Com arms trade agreement. If you're in love with the 2K, it's conceivable that a Davion mechwarrior could obtain one through capture or salvage. The Gray Death is used by the Gray Death Legion, a merc unit in the employ of the Fed-Com at this point in the lore.

As for Spiders, the 5V, while moderately rare, can be found in most Great Houses, and some merc units. The 5D is specifically a Davion variant of the 5V, and the 5K is a Kurita variant (again, if you want to pilot a 5K, it could be explained via capture or salvage). No idea where the Anansi is supposed to be from, I believe it's apocryphal to MWO.

Hope that helps you feel at ease. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users