#22 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostCyborgDragon, on 16 December 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

There's a big 'Support' button on the top of the banner on literally every page...

I agree, however, they respond to the forums, nearly immediately, but the support tickets take WEEKS to get a response

#23 Lucky Noob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:09 AM

OMG another Night without sleep.... but hey who cares, Townhall yay :wub:

#24 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:10 AM

As per a comment above......

I've found the balance between clan and IS mechs to be pretty level. After the tweaks, I find some of the IS stuff to be almost OP. But I'm not complaining. :)

The big difference is in the players.

People who are really into the game wanted the new mechs enough to pay to get them early. So they have had them a bit longer than the rest of the community. They have leveled them up, figured out what loadouts work best, as well as modules. Being really into the game, these people also play really well.

aka...it's not the mechs that are OP. It's the players. And the good players just happen to be currently into the newest mechs, the Clan stuff. So those mechs will seem to be super-duper. But move those same players into their IS mechs (also leveled up with modules too) and they will seem to be super-duper.

just my 2 cent... ;)

I am going to check out what Russ has to say. Should be interesting.

Edited by ThatGuy539, 17 December 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#25 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:32 AM

Does it bother anyone else that these "Town Halls" seem prioritize NGNG and reddit user's questions over those in the official forums? I may be wrong, but it certainly seems that way in the town halls I've listened in on lately.

Now, if they wanted to call it the "NGNG Show with this week's special guest Russ Bullock" then that'd be different, but this is an important means for PGI to speak to its customers. It's not like there's an alternative coming from PGI directly.

#26 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostThatGuy539, on 17 December 2014 - 07:10 AM, said:

I've found the balance between clan and IS mechs to be pretty level. After the tweaks, I find some of the IS stuff to be almost OP. But I'm not complaining. :)

People who are really into the game wanted the new mechs enough to pay to get them early. So they have had them a bit longer than the rest of the community. They have leveled them up, figured out what loadouts work best, as well as modules. Being really into the game, these people also play really well.

aka...it's not the mechs that are OP. It's the players. And the good players just happen to be currently into the newest mechs, the Clan stuff. So those mechs will seem to be super-duper. But move those same players into their IS mechs (also leveled up with modules too) and they will seem to be super-duper.

just my 2 cent... ;)

I am going to check out what Russ has to say. Should be interesting.

I still want to see some negative quirks for SCR and TBR, and some buffs for the other clan chassis, this should finally make the people having to make a true decision betweeen clan chassis instead of using as much TBR's and SCR's as possible. Otherwise, Once people have mastered their Wave 2 mechs, its all about TBR's SCR's and maybe adder because its the filler to complete the 240t.

Becaue you know a good palyer will not choose a gargoyle, becasue he knows its just a worse version of a TBR. or a Summoner as a worse version of a TBR.
Good people start being good by knowing why they take a specific mech. And good palyers know as clanners you have not much choices when you wanna use "the best".

Edited by Lily from animove, 17 December 2014 - 07:49 AM.

#27 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:53 AM

So, a question if you guys are taking them : Will the mechbay ever get a update, say for example, move over to a another mechbay with your mech instead of the battlemech disappearing and a new one appearing?

#28 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:58 AM

Could someone ask, politely, WHEN (et al MWO) will FIX the Nova?

thanks

#29 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:20 AM

I hope the NGNG guys soundcloud this right away so I can listen to it at work tomorrow.
(Looking at you The Epic Bearded One) :)

#30 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:39 AM

Looking forward to the Comstar!

#31 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:11 AM

View PostGauvan, on 17 December 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

Does it bother anyone else that these "Town Halls" seem prioritize NGNG and reddit user's questions over those in the official forums? I may be wrong, but it certainly seems that way in the town halls I've listened in on lately.

Now, if they wanted to call it the "NGNG Show with this week's special guest Russ Bullock" then that'd be different, but this is an important means for PGI to speak to its customers. It's not like there's an alternative coming from PGI directly.

NGNG is the PGI media front. How hard is it to post your questions on the NGNG site? And once your registered on that site you can post your questions for all the future Town Halls and on the future NGNG podcasts.
And they probably answer more questions form that site's forums as they tend to be more civilized than a lot of the rash postings on here.

#32 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

What's wrong with the Novas? (just curious)

I'm just finishing Mastering them now. Might done tonight. Been liking them too.

I also just started on the Gargoyles. Had the Prime out. Changed it to 2 LB5X and 1 MedLas. With mods on the LB5X. Had a 700+ round in the first game. (No basics unlocked) I'm liking it too.

PS: Some players, maps, mechs, weapons, etc will always be better than others. If everything was the same it'd be dammed boring.
Everyone gets the exact same mech, loadout, and same map every time. And less skilled players get bonuses, and skilled ones get restrictions. Nice and equal. Sounds like fun. :rolleyes:
Yawn...Think I'll go play something else.

Edited by ThatGuy539, 17 December 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#33 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostSlater01, on 17 December 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

NGNG is the PGI media front. How hard is it to post your questions on the NGNG site?

How hard is it for PGI to prioritize interaction with their own official forums, where lots of players gather to promote the game and provide free (to PGI) tech support?

If they don't care for the signal to noise ratio on their forums, well, that's PGI's responsibility to address (or delegate so it gets addressed).

This isn't a bash on NGNG, they provide a great service to a certain segment of the community, and provide publicity for the game (probably cheaply). And it's great that PGI are reaching out through multiple 3rd party media (twitter, reddit). But those should not, in my opinion, eclipse the forums.

#34 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:32 AM

I am prepping my questions which I also know others probably already have:

- Is there any changes that Russ or PGI see that they want to make changes to in Community Warfare? Things that the average player wouldn't notice.

- Is there any plans to address the wait time for the players trying to drop in a group or solo in Community Warfare? If so how do you plan to go about addressing the issue?

- What are the thoughts that Russ and PGI have about what they seen during the Beta of Community Warfare? To be specific the way it played out during th first weekend and how the results ended.

- Could Russ or PGI better explain how the mechanics work in taking a planet and what it takes? Also the unit stationed on the planet? I see it on the planet but I do not understand or see how that is done.

- The bonuses for playing certain factions, such as Liao, Clan Smoke Jager and so on. Why are they getting these bonuses and will there be a rotation for bonuses based on the same reason as to why?

- Electronic Warfare has been a subject talked about greatly but not much has been done recently other then the talk of ECM player consul. What ever came out of the consul and the their talks? What are features on the topic of electronic warfare that might be coming that we as a player base could be looking forward to?

Those are just some of the things I have to ask but probably more.

Edited by clownwarlord, 17 December 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#35 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 17 December 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

Could someone ask, politely, WHEN (et al MWO) will FIX the Nova?

thanks

The Nova is and always will be a heatmongering shutdown artist, it therefore becomes up to the pilot to use heat management skills so they do not destroy themselves

#36 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

We have a similar problem where I work.

The big boss (new at the time) promoted communicating internally in a ton of different ways. Email, twitter, facebook, yammer, forums, etc, etc. It became a nightmare to get information. Who has time to constantly watch all these different sources for important info. Which by the way was not shared between the various sources, so it was easy to miss stuff.

The best solution is to pick one main form of communication and point the others to it.

In this case the Forum would probably be the best place to have questions posted.

PS: After a few years of wasting tons of money (like tens of millions) on inefficient crap and procedures like the communication debacle, he was fired recently. We had a small party...would have been bigger, but we're super busy trying to keep things running.

#37 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:46 AM

(From Uminix's post above.... Dam Quote button didn't work.)

Ahh...I was wondering if that's what he meant.

I lost a few heatsinks and accidentally did an Alpha once that killed me in the Prime. Sucked as I was the only death on our team that match. But at least the other team didn't get me... I guess. :P

Edited by ThatGuy539, 17 December 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#38 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostThatGuy539, on 17 December 2014 - 07:10 AM, said:

just my 2 cent... ;)

Having played both IS and Clan tech ... it's not the pilots. I'm an average pilot, but was pulling 4 kill, 1000+ damage drops in a Mad Cat without basic skills unlocked. Clantech is easy mode compared to IS.

#39 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

View Postsome folks, on 17 December 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

The Nova is and always will be a heatmongering shutdown artist, it therefore becomes up to the pilot to use heat management skills so they do not destroy themselves

hey yeah, great and awesome. "is and always will be"......right.....you forgot the operative word "was"
Before we set off erect some bold signs about 'no one wants an uber powered laser mech'...wow..crab?dire? etc etc

What about the poor slobs who bought one, well, three really, mastered them, maybe even tossed more real green to help with premium.... some might have even spent more and bought camo..and I'm talking real money, not cbills, only to find, quite literally for many including me- a day later the nerf bat comes down so hard as almost to seem like they are saying "wow, great, thanks for buying, but now, we want to you buy the (insert one)"
Had I started on the Novas last week, stfu, I should have known up front.
However......its the glaring example of more than just minor changes, lots have changed over the years (I've been here two) and we adapted, minor changes, tweaks buffs nerfs........can you name one mech that was seriously altered on one patch?

Again, it stands, is there anything in the works to bring it back to some degree?
If not, I'll take it like a man, strip it, sell it to make room for whats working now. Lesson learned.
your mileage may vary.

Clantech is easy mode compared to IS.

+1 really, the quirks helped TONS, I re purchased 3-4 previously worthless mechs. quirks helped, but...really the clan WAS better- is better.

#40 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:53 AM

I think overall if you take all clan mechs and boiled it down to one number to refer to them and then did the same to the current state of the inner sphere mechs I would have to say they seem pretty close to one another.

That is not to say there isn't outliers if you where to map every mech on a graph.

Edited by clownwarlord, 17 December 2014 - 12:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users