14 replies to this topic

#1 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

They do know there are 11 other enemy mechs out there besides me right? I get "Missiles Incomming". A quick glance shows them to be from a turret. Ok, I go hide, break LoS, and shutdown. I watch 6 other team mates rush by to attack the base. I power up, poke my head out... "Missiles Incomming!"

W-T-F?

Gonna change my in-game handle to sharkbait..... :)

#2 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:21 PM

I swear the dropships always target ME in the face. Doesn't matter if I'm farther or anything.

Edited by Taffer, 16 December 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#3 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

Yes they need some work but its a ticky problem... give them good gunnery, gauss and people will QQ.
As it is they work well to prevent easy light caps. anymore and PGI risks making turrets far more of an impact on the game as it is. People turtle in the base as it is... not saying its a bad thing. its in fact smart. use the resources you got for the win.
But really long range weapons like gauss might alter some map balance and game play.

#4 Necromonger Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:52 PM

View PostTaffer, on 16 December 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

I swear the dropships always target ME in the face. Doesn't matter if I'm farther or anything.

Drop ship guns are way too accurate. No one else hits my spider. Drop Ships hit me 100% of the time.

#5 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:35 AM

View PostNecromonger Commander, on 16 December 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

Drop ship guns are way too accurate. No one else hits my spider. Drop Ships hit me 100% of the time.

Well, in THAT case, I think the are all good.... :P

#6 The Boz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:53 AM

AI guns need non-laser weapons, because I don't think PGI yet knows how to program "raking" and imperfect AI targeting. AC2/5 with a reduced ROF and range would be good, IMO.

#7 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:08 AM

View PostThe Boz, on 18 December 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

AI guns need non-laser weapons, because I don't think PGI yet knows how to program "raking" and imperfect AI targeting. AC2/5 with a reduced ROF and range would be good, IMO.

Interesting that a COF would enable the use of unhindered AI targeting skills with little to no down side.

#8 William Mountbank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 671 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:28 AM

Can you guys confirm where the LL turrets in CW aim for on a mech? I only ever managed to get one lonesome CW match, and I didn't manage to take accurate observations what with all the new.

The normal queue ML turrets always aim for the legs, so they're easy to deal with using a short mech and a small terrain hump, but I got the feeling that the CW turrets and the dropship beams where aiming for CT or cockpit, but I really can't say for sure.

#9 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:46 AM

I know for sure I've seen the CW turrets aiming for my weakened (though not yet stripped) side torso. I'm not sure what the algorithm behind it is. Percentually most damaged location? Location with least armour points (excluding head)?

#10 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:49 AM

I think its time for Turrets and Drop-ships to have PPCs, but with slower fire rates.

#11 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostSnagaDance, on 18 December 2014 - 07:46 AM, said:

I know for sure I've seen the CW turrets aiming for my weakened (though not yet stripped) side torso. I'm not sure what the algorithm behind it is. Percentually most damaged location? Location with least armour points (excluding head)?

I think it's percentage of HP, excluding head.

#12 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:03 AM

View Postcdlord, on 18 December 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

Well, in THAT case, I think the are all good.... :P

Dropships right now are somehow bypassing the hitreg issues that most of the playerbase is facing. They should be subject to the same abysmal hitreg as the rest of us! Equal discrimination!

#13 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

View Postxeromynd, on 18 December 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

Dropships right now are somehow bypassing the hitreg issues that most of the playerbase is facing. They should be subject to the same abysmal hitreg as the rest of us! Equal discrimination!

That's because the AI is fed our actual position determined by the server, so they don't have to compensate for lag. They are quite literally aimbotting.

I'll agree with the OP that turrets need better target priority algorithms. They tend to grab lock and not let go unless the target actively leaves maximum range.

#14 Sougard

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostWilliam Mountbank, on 18 December 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

Can you guys confirm where the LL turrets in CW aim for on a mech?

They aim at different locations every time they shoot.

#15 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:06 PM

View PostLordMelvin, on 18 December 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

That's because the AI is fed our actual position determined by the server, so they don't have to compensate for lag. They are quite literally aimbotting.

I'll agree with the OP that turrets need better target priority algorithms. They tend to grab lock and not let go unless the target actively leaves maximum range.

Sounds like an exploit to me .... .some would call it strategy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users