#1 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:14 AM

Hi

So Community Warfare is finally here! While it is not without its problems, its definitely a step up from, and a great change of pace when compared to the base game.

To get right to the point, here are a few changes that I would recommend to address some of the problems that are preventing this game mode from being all that it can be.

#1: Drop decks like to reset.

I would actually like to see some kind of drop deck slot system in the game, in a similar manner to what we have with mechbays. Every player should start with one drop deck slot in which they can select the mechs that they want to run, and should be able to purchase additional drop deck slots that they can switch quickly between on the pre-drop ready up screen.

I think that although this is purely a convenience item, it would be reasonably popular with a good portion of players who would probably buy at least 1 slot in order that they had separate attack and defend drop decks, and more if they wanted more role specific decks.

A drop deck would also have to be highlighted as unselectable if the player no longer owned a mech that was picked for one of their decks.

There should be a default drop deck (trial mechs) that the game should fall back to where the player had no valid drop decks configured.

#2: Dropship firepower and accuracy.

I don't think its a great idea to have defender dropships flying over the attackers map routes with hitscan weapons that can pretty much extend across the entire map. Please adjust flight routes for dropships in order that they do not fly over the main battlefield, and change their weapons to non hitscan, such as perhaps clan uac2s or 5's, ideally something that wont extend beyond the reach of the gate chokepoints when dropping off mechs.

#3: Zerg Rush

Either extend the generator hitpoints, or maybe have something like an additional asset (dropship, more turrets) coming in and defending when there are a significant number of enemies around the generator. Or something creative. Its entirely possible at the moment to win the game in 2 minutes with very cheap tactics.

#4: Queue times

The worst till last.

Please add community warfare as a queuable game mode for solo drops (and eventually if you have time, normal group drops, provided they are all members of the same faction), and use it to flesh out any queues that are waiting to drop, its a shame for everyone to have to wait and wait and wait to get a chance to play the best mode in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users