- - - - -

Dynamic Structure Slot And Structure Slots

5 replies to this topic

#1 DIRTYDOODLE

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:09 AM

Basically I've got a build of smurfy that i like but when i stick it on MWO the slots come up as "Structure slots" and not "Dynamic structure slots" like it says on smurfys.

Can someone explain to me the difference between the 2 and why they aren't appearing as Dynamic on the game but they are on Smurfys.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e71c2eb6c05c9eb

On MWO the build is identical except for the slots being structure on client and dynamic on that link.

no point in screenshot since its the same as that link + I have triple screen and it looks all messed up. Cba to press loads of buttons for 1 screen lol.

Thanks for replies if anyone does.

#2 DIRTYDOODLE

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:27 AM

I understand what it does but I don't understand why smurfy and mwo show differently?

Also because its not showing in-game does that mean endo is not taking effect? Really confused.

#3 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:29 AM

IIRC, it's just a difference in labeling.

You need not worry about this small difference. Endo is working if you see it on the mech.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:42 AM

In the game client, DYNAMIC structure slots are ones that can move and if it doesn't say dynamic, they can't move; Your build you shared has zero free slots so that build, in-game, would no longer have any "dynamic" structure slots, since there is nowhere else for them to move.

If you remove an item to create free slots, then some of them will turn back into dynamic structure depending on how much free space you've generated.

#5 DIRTYDOODLE

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:47 AM

Got it thanks.

#6 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:08 AM

To elaborate, the dynamic part does indeed refer to those locations being able to move around (as long as there are still free slots). Take this Champion Jenner: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ab#i=76&l=stock

It has goth both Endo and Ferro and both are labelled as 'dynamic'. However the mech also has 0 free slots left. So while you could take an engine that is 1,5 tons lighter to free up weight you would not be able to install an AMS and 1 ton of AMS-ammo because there are no more slots. That LT DHS could be moved to the RA or RT though as the dynamic components would automatically rearrange.

Compare that to this Storm Crow Prime: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b#i=183&l=stock

This also has Endo and Ferro but both are labeled 'fixed'. They cannot ever be moved from that position regardless of the number of free slots or free tonnage. So no putting DHS in those legs for instance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users