Pgi Which Friend Should I Ignore?

56 replies to this topic

#1 Chem1cal

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:46 AM

I have two friends I commonly play with (one who got me into the game another who I got into this game). I personally have no love for the lore / role playing but both of my friends do. Friend A loves his hunchbacks while friend B loves his storm crows.

I just want to be able to play with both of them (I don't care about a % lp bonus but having to wait 2 days to switch who I can play with (in competitive CW games) makes me want to stop playing altogether.

I'm generally the one organizing to get my friends to come online to play, but now I only text one of them.

All 3 of us have spent real money on this game and I feel neglected / ignored for the sake of real action table top, lame.

I would love for my clan mechs to be split to another account or allow each account to have two factions. It's just as easy to set up a fake acct to drop useless/dc players as it would be to use my other faction to gain an advantage.

Not to mention that intentionally griefing on my main acct would be foolish since I spent time & mc on it.

*Edit* Things to clarify:
I/my friends/everyone wants to play a new game mode instead of the same modes of the past 2 years.
I don't want to disrupt only IS mechs in an IS drop nor the clan side of that.
I want to be able to have all my mechs/mechBays/MC/cbills/gxp on one account (or a way of transferring them, including support if they said they'd transfer both ways (split now, rejoin later))
I hear about doing multiple accounts but denying me the MC / Colors / Mechbays in order to support a game mode seems .. unsavory.
Having players play CW is good for the community, since there's lots of posts about the time it takes to drop, so "don't play this then" means never give pgi money again.

Edited by Chem1cal, 17 December 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#2 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:50 AM

If you don't care about the lore and LP, why are you dropping CW? You can still play both in the regular queue.

#3 Chem1cal

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:52 AM

Competitive play...

*that and both friends do care about lore and I want to play with them instead of the same game modes we've had for 2 years.

Edited by Chem1cal, 17 December 2014 - 08:54 AM.

#4 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:56 AM

i dont see how 2 accounts would benefit you. If one friend is playing as a clan player and the other as an Inner Sphere player, And you had an account for each... IMO even if you played both, to me that would defeat the reasoning behind CW. If you are clan, your top goal should be to capture and take over the IS. If you are IS, you should be more than happy to fend off the Clans. If you play both just to make both your friends happy... its not getting you anywhere but playing against yourself lol.

Why dont the 3 of you join a MERC unit and if the merc unit takes a contact with a IS faction, you all 3 than play IS mechs. If that Merc unit takes a contract with a Clan, guess what... you all play Clan mechs. This way all 3 of you can still play together as a group.

YOU KNOW... my merc unit is always looking for more members and would be more than happy to have you 3 come on as a package deal where you 3 can be in your own lance and work together as you wish. We or you would have to get a 4th to flesh out the lance... but all-in all, you 3 could make up your own lance if thats what you wanted?

If interested... look us up in the links under my banner.

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 17 December 2014 - 08:58 AM.

#5 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:57 AM

Sounds like you're gonna have to make a choice. Or sync drop 2 on 1 with your buddies.

Or switch contracts every 7 days. If your two friends chose opposite sides, you'll need to pick a side in CW, too.

#6 Chem1cal

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:59 AM

I care nothing about the pretty lights (planet control) on the ugly map I only care about the 30 minute game I'm in at that time. My friends and you all might but that's none of my concern.

#7 Chem1cal

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

Every 9 days then you mean badger since there is the 2 day waiting period. Every other week isn't a viable way to keep me interested in this game.

#8 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

So we have to change the entire format of CW for you and your 2 pals? Is that what I am hearing here?

#9 SocketWrench

• PipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

Filthy Clanners aren't true friends. Let him rot!

All kidding aside though, this is pretty typical of PVP games. Think WOW or EverQuest. You choose a faction and that faction is what you play with unless you decide to play on a PVE only server which you can sort of do with good ole' pug matches. I think this is just the nature of the beast of competitive PVP games. You have to choose a side you want to play for. You do however, have the option of switching sides every 7 days. Maybe compromise between your friends and switch contracts every 7 days for all three of you. I don't see this aspect changing for you, sadly.

#10 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:07 AM

why don't you and your 2 friends rotate on which faction you support? 2 days clan and then 2 days IS?

#11 Alex Warden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSearching...

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:09 AM

well... i gotta say it this harsh, no offense meant... you gotta live with it... community warfare is about faction vs faction gameplay, and that will never change...

you can only hope that we will eventually get a timeline jump in 6 months or so, and clan mechs become available for IS too... but that wont change the fact your 1 friend still loves the lore, and probably stays clan, while the other one still won´t join the clans...

no matter how, decisions are tuff, but they must be made... unless you have 2 accs, like me :P

Edited by Alex Warden Wolf, 17 December 2014 - 09:13 AM.

#12 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:11 AM

I roll with an IS main and a Clan alt. I say go for the split accounts. Even better, encourage both of your friends to do two accounts as well. That way you can all drop together, while still letting each of your friends have plenty of time with their chosen faction.

#13 Chem1cal

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:14 AM

I'm not asking for a format change, loyal people can keep their 50% lp bonus, just let me have 2 factions with no lp bonus or even an lp reduction, wouldn't impact how you play at all.

I'll even play for the lesser populated factions if I can still get in games with my friends.

This game has far more parallels to LoL than wow or ever quest, each battle comes from clicking a button in a lobby not walking your mech all the way across a persistent world. LoL has lore if you choose to care about it but it doesn't ruin playing games with friends for it.

#14 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:16 AM

Sounds like your friends do care so you should have some consideration for that. CW is built around lore and if your friends want to participate in it, show some respect for their choices.

As to the issue that you want to play with both.... Switch contracts/allegiances as often as the mechanics will allow (and this is beta so things are likely to change) or send PGI a support ticket (support@mwomercs.com), give them your unique scenario, and ask for options (suggesting your split account idea). Be nice, be humble, they can't anticipate every nuance and they've helped me out quite a bit when I was respectful.

#15 Chem1cal

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:17 AM

2x here with alt accts, I recognize that's the best option but ideally I want my clan mechs moved over without having to grind for them again.

I'm also curious why there's no outrage over everyone just having two accts but there is over having two factions on one acct.

#16 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM

Make two accounts. One IS and one Clan.

Play the IS account with your Hunchback friend, and your Clan account with your Stormcrow friend.

Problem solved.

#17 Alex Warden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSearching...

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM

View PostChem1cal, on 17 December 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

This game has far more parallels to LoL than wow or ever quest,

yea, and hopefully with this mode it will have less in common with both LoL and WoT... well, if further developed of course...

Edited by Alex Warden Wolf, 17 December 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#18 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostChem1cal, on 17 December 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

2x here with alt accts, I recognize that's the best option but ideally I want my clan mechs moved over without having to grind for them again.

I'm also curious why there's no outrage over everyone just having two accts but there is over having two factions on one acct.

Nobody is outraged over someone having both clan and IS mechs in their bays.

People are a bit miffed at suggestions like "just let me play my clan mechs when fighting for the IS" or vice-versa.

So the solutions posted here by folks are suggestions for how you can work around the current setup and play with both of your friends.

#19 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

Wow this is just like Sophie's Choice.

Tell me how it ends, when it ends.

#20 Chem1cal

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

Never meant to sound like I wanted to cross sides, I get when playing with IS I'd play IS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users