No replies to this topic

#1 Oethe

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:59 AM

I remember PGI making a statement about how they wanted CW to be very Lore-centric. We got that quite accurately with the map, a few conflicts on it but overall it is true.

What is not correct however is that Clans can attack other Clans. I do not recall a single instance in the books where this occurred. Heck, the Clans could not even assist each other outside of the Second wave (Ex. Smoke Jaguar and Nova Cats for Luthien).

How I think it should work is, for balance reason permit Clans to attack a planet, I will use Icar as an example right now. Let us make Icar under Steiner control. Jade Falcon and Wolf could fight to take it from Steiner, however to maintain balance they should also be dropping against each other to take it. Winner let us say is Jade Falcon. Clan Wolf and Steiner both want it, but there is nothing Clan Wolf can do about that till/if Jade Falcon loses it to Steiner. Plus on top of it, if Steiner did re-take it, it would once again be a three way engagement most likely to decide the new holder.

This would also keep the Clans moving further into Inner Sphere territory would encourage merc units to sign up for the IS and not the Clans. It would later on hopefully encourage true cooperation between the Successor States against the Clans.

Of course, that would be the best solution. The band-aid is for PGI to add the ability for units/factions to have a type of vote system for a cease-fire or a week-based alliance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users