#1 Asmudius Heng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:37 AM

OK, i have a member of my unit who has highlighted a problem that may not apply to all but it does show an issue that should probably be resolved.

In the Friends tab you can only choose friends to form a group with for the public group queue.

In the Unit tab you can only create groups for CW.

If your friends list is full then you cannot add new friends from your unit to your friends list without deleting others.

While most people do not have that many friends so it doesnt make it an issue i see problems when trying to form groups in factions which will come soon.

Also, if you are in a very large unit you probably do not befriend everyone - but if you are forming ad hoc groups it becomes irritating.

Not a massive issue but i think that when you choose to create a group you should be able to create a group from ANYONE in your friends list - but if you are not all in the same faction then you would get an 'invalid' message if you try to enter a CW match.

Russ mentioned that they were looking at a way to merge groups which would be BRILLIANT. I do not need to befriend everyone i form an ad hoc group with either. If i drop into a match and see a few people in a group in the same faction and we think they are pretty good - being able to send a merge request easily in game would allow smaller groups to form up - then hit a common TS and give the bigger groups more of a challenge.

That entire grouping and finding players section is geting more borked as things get mroe complex it needs a do over!

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:40 AM

Believe it or not... anyone in your unit is hosting a "Unit group" (CW match) can just click on your teammate (with the yellow shield) and just "join with him" would needing the invite.

I'm hoping that can extend to other faction premades/solos of the same type to do the same. That would be ideal/optimal.

Edited by Deathlike, 19 December 2014 - 01:40 AM.

#3 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:53 AM

Ideally, if you form a "unit group", PGI should look at making it possible to invite players on your friends list who are playing for the same faction to your group, simples (logically simples anyway).

On the other hand unit groups are easier to organise than ever, as you can click the leader and click join group, provided they aren't already in a queue

Edited by NextGame, 19 December 2014 - 01:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users