For Some Very Strange Reason, All The "zerg Rush" Threads ...

3 replies to this topic

#1 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

... remind me of this:

Thanks for the laughs, now and in the future. <maniacal :lol: :lol: :lol:>

#2 ShadowWolf Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

Perhaps, but CW in general has been reminding me of this...

#3 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

It reminds me of every game ive ever played with a childish person, who when they get beat, say you cheesed them, or cheated, or did something nefarious to them.

Thats what happens when everyone gets a trophy.

#4 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:02 PM

You folks do realize that the complaints on this forum about zerg-rush, camping, and so on are more about how shallow the tactic is (and CW in general) vs. caring who wins or not, right? It's not all about you and your amazing skills... I swear, if somebody posted a thread listing all the CW bugs, the first replies would be from tryhards claiming that the poster "is the sux" and "wants to nerf Clan mechs."

Here's the reality: CW currently has 2 game modes: zerg-rush and leg the bad guys. That's about it. Compared to the CW Beta game modes, the normal public games suddenly seem far more full of life and complexity... and that's not because they got better, but rather CW is simply lacking currently.

In CW: there's almost no need for scouts, the list of useful mechs has shrunk even further (you don't need lights, assaults are questionable, etc.), the same few points get attacked over and over again, and half the game is spent either shooting NPC's - what fun! - or waiting around for something to happen (if defending)... until you get to the amazing zerg-rush / leg fest... and that's about it. Heck, you can usually tell which team will win or lose on the start-up screen because there's so little variation in viable strategies.

All of those are valid complains and need to be addressed to make CW a better format that's interesting and has real depth. And none it has anything to do with giving out trophies to everyone or the "skillz" of tryhards.

Edited by oldradagast, 17 December 2014 - 04:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users