Queue Priority Question

9 replies to this topic

#1 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:40 PM

I have been sync queueing for CW matches with a friend because we are not in the same unit but still have hte same faction selected atm.

I watched the faction home screen for alerts, queued, al tabbed and wrote him into skype where to queue.

What we observed though is that he would get into matches he queued for 1minute later than me while i was stuck to an empty lobby occasionally.

How is this possible? I thought the matchmaker is working on a first come first served basis regarding solo players in the queue, if this is not the case how do people get selected?

Edited by Budor, 17 December 2014 - 05:41 PM.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:18 PM

View PostBudor, on 17 December 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

I have been sync queueing for CW matches with a friend because we are not in the same unit but still have hte same faction selected atm.

I watched the faction home screen for alerts, queued, al tabbed and wrote him into skype where to queue.

What we observed though is that he would get into matches he queued for 1minute later than me while i was stuck to an empty lobby occasionally.

How is this possible? I thought the matchmaker is working on a first come first served basis regarding solo players in the queue, if this is not the case how do people get selected?

When that happens, it's because the queue needed just him, and not you at that very moment.

That's why sync dropping never really worked in the regular queues with complete success...

You cannot guarantee it, but you can be assured of it at times.

Just wait for faction grouping to be allowed... but that has no ETA yet.

#3 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 December 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

When that happens, it's because the queue needed just him, and not you at that very moment.

But i was there first!?

Edit: The queue hates me, i knew it! It just happened again, we now got some serious b33f queue...

Edited by Budor, 17 December 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#4 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:25 PM

You guys are both Steiner but can't create a two-man group for CW, that sucks. It will make it real hard for pickup groups to play.

#5 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

Hmm, maybe i am not clear enough or bad engrish:

Why is he selected for the available solo spot allthough he queued later than me?

#6 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

View PostBudor, on 17 December 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

But i was there first!?

Edit: The queue hates me, i knew it! It just happened again, we now got some serious b33f queue...

/shrug

I dunno what to tell you honestly. The MM is a mystery at times.

You are dropping on the same planet right?

Best time to to queue together is when the popup comes up.

Edited by Deathlike, 17 December 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#7 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:35 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 December 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

You are dropping on the same planet right?

Exactly, but he queues later than me but still gets into matches while i dont occasionally. I am just curious why this happens because i thought there are no other factors in play (elo) other than when you queued.

#8 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

View PostBudor, on 17 December 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

Get on the Steiner TS and get in on the big synch drops. May help. Get your friend to do so and you will likely get several some together. Its all randomish but hey, you will make friends and that aint bad :)

#9 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:56 PM

Ok, i have no issue with not playing the game or being grouped with my buddy, my concern is:

If the matchmaker picks people random there is a bug, someone could sit in queue forever while people (with the exact same conditions i.e. solo) that came in an hour later get games.

#10 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:10 PM

I have no idea... maybe you need to sync the time with the time server that Windows allows you to use... not sure if it'll actually help though...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users