Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:46 AM

Yes, please.

#22 Jatix

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

Support.

Night maps are really annoying, but I do like snowy, dusty, ect. I thought V Bog was the bomb before they killed the visibility. Something about the stuff floating in the air makes the game feel higher budget.

#23 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

i agree good idea, as long as we dont just get white/black out as the difference

Edit- Spelling

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 19 December 2014 - 12:19 PM.

#24 salkeee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 172 posts
  • LocationTree House

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

I generaly dislike maps as they are,they seem to be designed to take focus away from fighting specialy with unpassable small rocks pipes and such.

#25 Jamjor

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

I love it. You have my vote.

#26 Variant1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:35 PM

I like the ideas for the map variants they sound interesting and cool. Except for caustic night, caustic valley already has issue with having lack of lrm cover, adding the night variant will increase the chance of getting the map.

As much as i or anyone else interested would like to see these map variants, the problem is they are essentially the same map with some awsome events. Right now PGI has to patch some bugs for CW, add more maps for CW and the normal modes. Possibly integrate npc air/tank units for assault/CW and on top of that they have to release more mechs. Maybe when those important areas are taken care of they could perhaps release these kind of variant maps. Until then patience is virtue my friend.

#27 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:45 PM

A map with some "magnetic" changes plus maybe night time might be interesting. It could be a sensor limitation, reducing targeting ranges. This could be interesting in limiting range engagements...

#28 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:48 PM

CryEngine supports real time day/night/weather cycles.

Just make every match start at a random time of day with the possibility of having adverse weather such as rain / storm / snow / dust storms etc.

That would give true variety to maps. My only concern is how bad it might hit FPS considering how bad Frozen City's blizzard hurts my frames.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users