5 replies to this topic

#1 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:11 AM

I'm struggling to get to use my brawlers in CW. It has turned into an utter snipe fest and fighting against the clans especially makes bringing my best mechs (brawlers) nearly a thing of the past. It's just too hard to get close enough when attacking to use weapons effectively within 270m.

I've had to refit a few of my mechs to medium to long range sniper load-outs to handle this. This annoys me as most of my builds are around short range high alphas like SRM boats, LPL and MPL loads and LB-10X builds.

I did however manage a successful attack against clan defenders last night with my 4xSRM6, 1xLL and 1xML griffin 3M but this was a rare opportunity. I daren't even drop in my Arrow now as its blooming difficult to get in a team close enough to exploit destroyed armour.

Hopefully the new map changes will allow brawling again because as it stands at least half my mechs are useless in CW. Especially when fighting the clans that have a significant advantage in ranged fire-power we need to have the maps re-designed to negate that somewhat to allow inner sphere brawlers some cover to get close enough.

Edited by mad kat, 18 December 2014 - 02:15 AM.

#2 Tarmok II

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 118 posts
  • LocationTerra, Germany, Sachsen, Vogtland

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:00 AM

read patch notes they in fact did something about this

#3 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:16 AM

View Postmad kat, on 18 December 2014 - 02:11 AM, said:

I'm struggling to get to use my brawlers in CW. It has turned into an utter snipe fest and fighting against the clans especially makes bringing my best mechs (brawlers) nearly a thing of the past. It's just too hard to get close enough when attacking to use weapons effectively within 270m.

If you're sniping (attacking), you won't have the loadout for a push not to mention the close range brawl inside the base. If you're sniping (defending), clans will simply close the distance and brawl.

You need to figure out how to close the distance and brawl. More importantly, kill the generator.

#4 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:25 AM

View PostAccused, on 18 December 2014 - 03:16 AM, said:

If you're sniping (attacking), you won't have the loadout for a push not to mention the close range brawl inside the base. If you're sniping (defending), clans will simply close the distance and brawl.

You need to figure out how to close the distance and brawl. More importantly, kill the generator.

Which is why i've had to fit at least one long range or at least a weapon that can reach out to beyond 500 odd meters to each brawler so i can provide some help albeit negligibly most of the time like the said LL on the griffin above.

What i've found works best so far as the jack of all trades is the quick medium mech boating MPL that can cover distance easily enough but still be able to hold its own in a brawl. My Wubjack and Wubcada do this well. However outfitting my firebrand with large lasers as a first drop mech to deal with the generators and turrets then moving to a hard hitting brawler for a push into the base then fast medium or light to try and handle the generator is the best strategy IMO aside from the Zerg rush.

Either way due to the turrets, the dropships and the defenders all having long range builds 8/10 times getting a face hugger up close to work at optimum range almost entirely depends on your teams 'charge'. Seeing as flanking on the two maps we have maybe bar boreal is almost impossible brawlers and strikers are completely dependant on your team as the cover.

#5 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:29 AM

Well you should be happy to hear that the Defending DropShips will be losing their ERLLs in favor of all MLs come the patch today.

Russ has also stated that more protection will be offered to attackers to promote the brawling aspect of the game.

#6 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:10 AM

View PostWolfwood592, on 18 December 2014 - 04:29 AM, said:

Well you should be happy to hear that the Defending DropShips will be losing their ERLLs in favor of all MLs come the patch today.

Russ has also stated that more protection will be offered to attackers to promote the brawling aspect of the game.

It was hillarious that they were abel to shoot you 300m outside the gates even on Vault.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users