Cap Terra?

21 replies to this topic

Poll: cap terra (76 member(s) have cast votes)

do you think PGI/ComStar will let us cap Terra?

1. yes (21 votes [27.63%])

Percentage of vote: 27.63%

2. no (32 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

3. NO WAY they let somone cap terra even if they already had all of the IS under there controll (23 votes [30.26%])

Percentage of vote: 30.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:57 AM

am i the only one that has the feeling PGI/ComStar is going to make Terra an wold that can not be Cap even by the clans?

Edited by kf envy, 18 December 2014 - 05:57 AM.

#2 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:40 AM

Comstar was neutral during the Clan invasion. Makes sense, to a point. Even if Terra was the clan's original goal.

#3 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:51 AM

Yes the clans shoudl be able to compete for Terra.

Clanners who take terra will earn a permant title.

It gives them incentive to push into the Innersphere instead of fighting amongst themselves.

#4 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 18 December 2014 - 06:40 AM, said:

Comstar was neutral during the Clan invasion. Makes sense, to a point. Even if Terra was the clan's original goal.

there not so neutral even now with the Nerfs they hit us with an the quirks they given all IS an even going as far as selling you the mothball King Crabs they had in Storage on Mars that they have secretly secured an number of

#5 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:48 AM

Comstar neutral? I thought they were helping the clans at the start until they realised what the clans ultimate goal was then they went against the clans?

#6 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:50 AM

My guess (and my wish!) is that when a Clan gets close enough to Terra PGI will start a tournament or event, and maybe it will be awarded to the victorious Clan. Maybe. But they have to let us capture it, or i will be first in line for a Trial of Possession!

Edited by CyclonerM, 18 December 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#7 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

View Postztac, on 18 December 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

Comstar neutral? I thought they were helping the clans at the start until they realised what the clans ultimate goal was then they went against the clans?

Administering clan-occupied worlds while still maintaining (most) communications between the houses. Militarily, they were completely neutral until Tukayyid.

#8 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

I don't think they will let anyone capture Terra. But I wish they would. Simply because since we have the freedom to invade as we please, we are not really sticking to lore anyways. This is our story.

#9 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

If you conquer all PGI's territory, do you get to run PGI?

#10 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

Only if the IS are allowed to capture all the Clan homeworlds :D

#11 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:02 PM

They'll likely make some kind of announcement in regards to future plans with CW soon. Not sure if it'll include Terra at this point though. I think for the beta it's pretty much off-limits though while working out all the bugs and smoothing out the gameplay.

#12 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 18 December 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

My guess (and my wish!) is that when a Clan gets close enough to Terra PGI will start a tournament or event, and maybe it will be awarded to the victorious Clan. Maybe. But they have to let us capture it, or i will be first in line for a Trial of Possession!

Neg. We will be the lost to drop. (Five days later.) :ph34r:

#13 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

I do remember them saying they would love to have a Battle for Tukkayid type mode or maybe event. It would certainly be interesting.

#14 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:31 PM

If you attack Terra, you invoke the wrath of the unit NGNG coming out to kill everyone. Nuff Said

#15 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 18 December 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

If you attack Terra, you invoke the wrath of the unit NGNG coming out to kill everyone. Nuff Said

You invoke the wrath of a 12-person PGI Unit with each of us piloting our own DropShip.

Spoiler

#16 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:04 PM

View PostAsmudius Heng, on 18 December 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

Only if the IS are allowed to capture all the Clan homeworlds :D

fine by me. Honestly if the IS can push the Clans out of the IS, they should 100% have the opportunity capture the Clan Home Worlds.

Also I disagree that capitols are off limits. To be honest they should be the main goal because of the prestige involved. I mean I understand PGI not wanting a situation where a Faction loses each and every planet but since the control what we can attack and what we can't, let the un-attackable planet be the very last planet they hold which seems fair.

Also lets be honest here. PGI is never going to let one faction get totally wiped out because they would have way too much QQ if they did. They will end up stopping CW and resetting before that happens.

#17 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 18 December 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

You invoke the wrath of a 12-person PGI Unit with each of us piloting our own DropShip.

Spoiler

We acknowledge your bid of 12 DropShips and match it with 12 Cute Foxes.

#18 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:40 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 18 December 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

fine by me. Honestly if the IS can push the Clans out of the IS, they should 100% have the opportunity capture the Clan Home Worlds.

Also I disagree that capitols are off limits. To be honest they should be the main goal because of the prestige involved. I mean I understand PGI not wanting a situation where a Faction loses each and every planet but since the control what we can attack and what we can't, let the un-attackable planet be the very last planet they hold which seems fair.

Also lets be honest here. PGI is never going to let one faction get totally wiped out because they would have way too much QQ if they did. They will end up stopping CW and resetting before that happens.

I think a capitol could be lost and the winning faction would get some sort of title for doing it ... but i think that faction would need to have a new capitol somewhere to relaunch attacks and try to fight back which might be under protection for a decent length of time.

Imaging the bonuses for fighting for a one planet faction ... they would be getting massive loyalty and cbill bonuses or something would entice people to try to rebuild it for awesome cash bonuses (paid by comstar i suspect who want to keep eternal war going its good for their business ;) )

Cant wipe out a faction obviously but i think capitols could be there for the taking - oh an if the faction retakes it they could get some sort of title for thier efforts :D

#19 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

I suggested that at the end of a CW cycle, PGI throw a big tournament/planetary battle and let all factions compete to see who controls Terra. They would be named "champion" of that 'season" of CW. The winnders could get some cool stuff like forum badges, cockpit item, maybe a custom camo. Stuff like that.

Run it just like planetary conquest runs now, just leave it open for the entire time and let all factions duke it out. Maybe increase the tokens needed to make it more interesting.

#20 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 18 December 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

Last year I would have laughed at that, but you guys have kicked some major ass this year, so...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users